Re: Lemons Book

m610 wrote:

Just let us pass you. wink

missed this before. I try to never hold anyone up. And for this effort, you get instant point bys even if I think I can hold you off for a while.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:
m610 wrote:

missed this before. I try to never hold anyone up. And for this effort, you get instant point bys even if I think I can hold you off for a while.

That's the thing. We'd have to be able to catch other cars to even qualify for a point-by. wink

m610 wrote:
ninjacoco wrote:

I can't wait to see Puffalump's little lemon!

Done.

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/1888749_819003081447184_1750654016_n.jpg

Squee!

Yay for Puff!

m610 wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:
m610 wrote:

That's the thing. We'd have to be able to catch other cars to even qualify for a point-by. wink

We are serious race car drivers we don't just let people pass, well unless you will give us bacon for passes, I've been known to hit the brakes on the straights if it will get me some bacon.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

This book is closed!

A couple days ago I sent out the final nag email to people who were still promising to send something in and that seems to have done it. The Balto and Molvo stories are in, Speedycop's story is in, and the "K" article is probably being wrapped up now, 30,000 feet over Utah, on a flight to San Francisco.

Give me a few days to finalize these and to get photo permissions, etc. taken care of. I'll get a proof print made and will look it over, with will take about a week, then I'll release it upon the world.

Thanks all, for your stories, input, and encouragement.

YAAAAAAAY!!!

The book is done. Those little end-of-project details took forever.

I've ordered a copy that I'll review before making it available to all.

At 340 pages the price jumped to $79, but I'm organizing a group buy which will drop the price by about $20.  That will put the price for two books at about the same as one Falken Azenis RT615K 205/50-15 tire. wink

BTW, it's easy enough to do your own group but. Just order 20 copies and the price is discounted by 25%.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

Puffalump will be in print!

The book is done, done, done! All the way done! I received a print last week and went over it many times, on the plane, at lunch, any free moment, and made a number of small corrections, and now it is done, done, done!

The cost is $79 (340 pages, 432 illustrations, about 23 pounds)

I'm setting up a group buy (25% off printing costs, your price = $61.75) but I've also asked the printer to set up something simpler, where I don't have to handle the money, something like a promo code with a buy-by date.

I have requests for 28 books and once some details are finalized I'll go ahead and place that order.

Here's the link: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/667129?__r=320991

https://s3.amazonaws.com/storage2.magcloud.com/image/866be92e4b87f243833f2fb4b4e3be21.jpg

Many thanks to all who helped!

Put me down for one!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Put me down for one too

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I'm also in for one for the group buy.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Pretty sure I'm already on that list.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

164 (edited by squidrope 2014-03-13 07:40 AM)

I'd like to be part of the group buy as well!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Please add me to that list also for one.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

3pm is in for 2-3 probably.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Thanks all. Just email me your mail and email address and I'll set this up. I'll add you to the bulk-mail thing I set up for this project so you'll get all the updates.

I'm still waiting to hear back from MagCloud to see if there might be a simpler way to do this. As it is now I'd set up the address book on their site, you'd send me the money, and I'd use that to pay MagCloud.

Mike

In for one. I'll ask the team---I'm sure there will be a bunch more.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

I'm in for one.  Sent you my info

I'm in for one, sending the email now.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Me too, Mike. Let me know how to pay into the group buy.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I already emailed you, but my team is in for two of 'em.

The total is now for 50 books, possibly more after people check with teammates.

If you haven't done so already please email me so I'll have your email address and real name. At some point I'll need a mailing address and money.

The money part of this will probably be via paypal. I got a reply from the printer and they don't have a simple group buy option, although I think the suggestion I made has got those wheels turning.

I'd like to see if this can all be finalized by Sunday evening at the latest. After that I need to wait until the money shows up in my account then I'll place the order and will send a note letting you know the order is in. Once placed it will take 5-7 days to print and deliver your book.

I'll be sending out a bulk email tonight, giving these details plus a few more. Soon afterwards I'll email each person directly to confirm the quantity and cost of the order.

Thanks all for participating in this. I think the book looks great and will be nice to have when we grow too old or too smart for this nonsense. Plus, as has been noted, it could be used to squash bugs, they stack well and can serve as jack stands, provide material for paper gaskets, be used convince someone special that you are a "famous real racer"... 101 uses, at least.

Mike

Email sent. Count me in for one book. Here, take my money, please!

Erik, got it. Thanks.

The bulk email has just gone out to everyone. Let me know if you don't get it.

I decided there's no reason to wait to get all the orders in because all I need is a minimum of 20 to get the discount. I'll send in the order asap for every 20 or so books purchases. If I can get some orders in early enough tomorrow we might have books before Pointless Friday.

By the way, you can place your own group orders. All you need is an order for 20 or more books. That deal is available to everyone.

Beep, while proofing this post money for the first book order just came in. wink

Mike