Re: Lemons Book

I emailed you yesterday, let me know if you didn't get it.  But I'm in for a book.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Came out nice.  Now I'm kinda bummed I didn't get our teams info/pictures out to you.

#117 - The Fat And The Furious Big Boy Miata & Big Boy Metro-Gnome

calpolo17 wrote:

Came out nice.  Now I'm kinda bummed I didn't get our teams info/pictures out to you.

It was a bit of a delimna for me towards the end, still wanting to get everyone in this, and worrying about the cost as the page count climbed.

m610 wrote:
calpolo17 wrote:

It was a bit of a delimna for me towards the end, still wanting to get everyone in this, and worrying about the cost as the page count climbed.

I emailed you, can send payment as soon as you've got it.

Any chance you might have the first bulk purchase for Sonoma?  I'd love to get you, and some of the authors of the individual sections, to sign one of my copies.

bs

bshorey wrote:
m610 wrote:
calpolo17 wrote:

I emailed you, can send payment as soon as you've got it.

Any chance you might have the first bulk purchase for Sonoma?  I'd love to get you, and some of the authors of the individual sections, to sign one of my copies.

bs

There's a good chance, but it is going to be close. The last time I ordered one the order was placed on a Sunday and the book came on Friday.

I have requests for 64 books now, 16 paid for, and I need 4 more to be able to get to the 20 minimum for the discounted price. I may just buy 4 more now so we can get this thing in now. I can't afford to stock these things but I'm sure I can find a home for four.

Just papal the funds ($76.90 per book) to me at mlmeier at kstreetstudio dot com and include the shipping address. I'll get the order in asap.

Funds sent via paypal as requested, can't wait to see this book. smile

Order placed. 38 books. I waited maybe too long hoping to get the $ from a team that wanted the book by next Friday. I bought their books anyway. Hopefully everything will arrive before Pointless.

People have requested 64 books total, and I can do another group buy, starting now and ending a day after Sears Pointless.

Phillip has set up and is paying for ads on Facebook. Much appreciated, and we'll see how that goes.

Two people have purchased books on their own.

Yea, 66! We're on our way to a best seller!

Again, thanks for your support and participation.

A quick update.

So far 38 books sold in the first group buy and I have requests for 35 more books, 7 of which have been paid for. I'll submit that order right after the Pointless race.

Five books have been purchased directly through MagCloud and all but one of those is probably due to the ad (Hella-Shitty) Philipp placed on Facebook. Money raised for the three charities so far = $780.

Mike, come see me at Pointless, I want in on the next group buy and will give you cash there.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

So how I see it, anyone who wrote something is now a published author, and on top of that since money is going to charity that makes us philanthropists.  So that would make us Race Car Driver, author, Philanthropists.

Wow we are pretty awesome.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I just now got the group email... apparently Gmail thinks you're a spammer. Imagine that...

Guess I need to stay tuned for the next group buy to come about, since I'm cheap, correct?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Funds sent for one book just now.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria

188 (edited by m610 2014-03-18 08:38 AM)

MailChimp, the mail service I am using, shows that 20 of 73 have not opened the email, although I think a few of those 20 have, I figure somehow the anti-spam feature on their end is not letting that be reported.

The second group buy is still happening. I plan to place that order on Monday after Pointless. 37 books have been requested, 16 paid for. I need to get to 20 paid for minimum.

BTW, 50 have sold so far, including ten not through the group buy.

Edit, 17 paid for. Thanks David.

The six books I order arrived today. These were part of the group buy so other west coaster folks will probably receive theirs today, too. I figure most people will have theirs before the weekend.

(Buy the book!)

Just Paypaled you.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

Just Paypaled you.

As did I last night

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

m610 wrote:

The six books I order arrived today. These were part of the group buy so other west coaster folks will probably receive theirs today, too. I figure most people will have theirs before the weekend.

(Buy the book!)

Picked up mine at the track today.  Thanks Mike!

Far exceeds my expectations, this really is a top notch effort.

Well done Mike, I'm really glad we made it in.

bs

Got mine in the mail yesterday. Very nice. A lot of great reading in store for me.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Thanks for the orders. The PayPal emails were waiting for me when I got home. I need to leave again to return the truck but will get back to each of you later today. The plan at this point it so submit the next group buy order on Wednesday.

I really like how the book turned out and was able to show it around at Sonoma last weekend, even collecting autographs for articles and team bios from the teams I could find.

I couldn't convince the Speedway Children's Charities to buy a case of books to resell or use in their promotions, auctions, whatever else they do besides stand by and wait for you to come into penalty. (I could have sworn I saw them all smile when three more cars rolled in to penalty behind me.) Certainly an autographed version of the book would fetch millions at an auction-like fund-raising event.

"Far exceeding my expectations" has been a common comment. Thanks, all. It was all fun and games until people started sending in their money, at which point I began to worry about every little thing, sort of like how I do until the green flag drops. After that, just figure you've done your job preparing the car/book and can finally relax in your pits for a few minutes, hoping the driver won't be screaming obscenities over the radio until you have had a chance to sit, close your eyes, and take in the beautiful sound of the race.

The second group buy will be submitted tonight. The cost, including tax and shipping, is $76.90 each, a 25% discount on the cost of printing. The normal price is $79, not including tax and shipping.

So far 16 books have been sold directly through MagCloud and 38 through the first group buy. For the second group buy 44 have been requested but only 28 paid for, so as it stands tonight's order will be for 28 books.

Total monies raised for the charities so far is $820.

PayPal to mlmeier at kstreetstudio dot com if you want to get in on this buy.

BTW, the 25% discount kicks in for any order of 20 books or more, so there is no reason a couple of teams couldn't go in together to get books at a discount, say, for Christmas next year, or to woo sponsors, impress your date, bribe Jay/Phil/Nick/Matt.

196 (edited by Brett85p 2014-04-04 05:54 AM)

My copy arrived today, been reading it all night!
Excellent job Mike, the Lemons community owes you a huge thank you!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I've heard reports that people are actually reading it. wink

Thanks.

Mine came yesterday as well, and looks great!  I haven't read much of it yet but it's well done; thanks..

My Lemons book arrived! I LOVE it!
It is really interesting reading all the different writing styles.
Personally, I am demanding everyone at the house show more respect now that I am a published author...

Huge thank you to Mike!

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

Got home just before the rain so my book is dry.  Great job by everyone who contributed.  Ginormous thanks to Mike for putting this together!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook