Re: Lemons Book

swindrum wrote:

My Lemons book arrived! I LOVE it!
It is really interesting reading all the different writing styles.
Personally, I am demanding everyone at the house show more respect now that I am a published author...

Huge thank you to Mike!

+1

I am adding another skill set to my resume`, published author.  Oh, and as Dave Morrow pointed out to me, I can also add philanthropist, since part of the proceeds are going to charity.

Make sure that resume` is full.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

!!!

I'll have to check when I get home, I guess.

I'm going to a thing tomorrow and thought maybe I could sell a few books there, so I made up a fancy flyer - http://www.kstreetstudio.com/files/24HO … omo-01.pdf

A friend suggested we do an audio book version of this, with each article read by the author.

Just finished.

Very well done.

Thanks for putting this together.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

You read it? wink

I was thinking that for the second edition, or second volume, that I have to find a way to make it leak oil and for a few bolts to fall out when you open it. Maybe add hood pins.

Greasy fingerprints on the cover!

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

m610 wrote:

A friend suggested we do an audio book version of this, with each article read by the author.

Where is the "like" button?

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

The checks go in the mail to the charities today. Rounded up a little, the book has raised $1500, to be split three ways between Alex' Lemonade Stand, Speedway Children's Charities, and the California Automobile Museum.

m610 wrote:

The checks go in the mail to the charities today. Rounded up a little, the book has raised $1500, to be split three ways between Alex' Lemonade Stand, Speedway Children's Charities, and the California Automobile Museum.

Again, where is the "like" button?

Very good news Mike.

racinrob wrote:
m610 wrote:

Again, where is the "like" button?

Very good news Mike.

Yes, very good news.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

I guess Stef doesn't live on 301st Street, and it looks like some mailman/woman/whatever got pretty angry trying to find a 301st Street.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10174952_873724645975027_1493566908554447013_n.jpg

m610 wrote:

I guess Stef doesn't live on 301st Street, and it looks like some mailman/woman/whatever got pretty angry trying to find a 301st Street.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/q77/s720x720/10174952_873724645975027_1493566908554447013_n.jpg

Ooooooops!

Also, my neighbors will be glad I'm no longer asking about a book, but I am pretty sure one must be wearing a "Die Welt ist Flach" shirt at this point. Grr.

I finally got my copy! And my neighbors didn't!

I'm so proud that little Fluffy is now mooning people in print. Awwww. <333 Bunnerz.

Also, the Ladybug team seems like they rule. Great choice of car. Right color. Haha.

Gave one to my dad for his birthday, he drags it with him everywhere.  All of his friends have read bits, last night my mom called.  Said she was walking up to the house and could hear hysterical laughter, it was Dad reading the quotes in the back.  We'll done everyone!!! And super über thanks to Mike!!!

Putting the "dirty" in Dirty Little Freaks Racing
~stalk us on facebook

Thanks, Stef, Rae, all.

I created a little web page for the book.

HOFAW: http://www.kstreetstudio.com/writing/bookHOFAW.html

Send this link to all your friends and even your enemies from high school to rub it in, letting them know that you grew up to become an RRCD (real race car driver) and author and that your story is now part of the literary history of this great country, plus the country to the north of us.

Oh, and Christmas is coming. Start your early shopping now. The HOFAW book would make a great gift, don't you think? Approved for most ages, is not a choking hazard, does not require batteries, is 100% recyclable, and you don't even need to know how to read because it has lots of pictures.

Last little item. The book got a little love in last Friday's issue of our local paper. For some reason the story never got uploaded to their web site so I can't link to it here, but the author really liked, said it was a riot and well worth the money, and still hasn't returned the copy I loaned him.