Re: Banned for life?

jiggermyster wrote:

Certainly doesn't have the same momentum as an E36 going 30 mph...

That E36 wasn't doing 30 mph.  It was barely moving.  Front tires almost seemed locked, rears were spinning, it was doing donuts.  Once or twice it reversed direction for a figure 8.

bs

As someone who has to tow 900 miles one way to the nearest road racing track, I feel that it is a PRIVILEGE, NOT a RIGHT to race at any track.
   When presented with the opportunity to compete at such esteemed venues like Sonoma, I like to think that we are, if you will, considered invited guests to these facilities, and as such, should be on our best behavior.
   Leaving donut marks on the racing surface or in the paddock at such a beautiful facility seems to be bad form and probably doesn't endear ourselves (or the racing organization that we race under) with the track operators. This is just my perspective, but I would sure hate to do anything that would endanger our ability to race at these fine facilities.
Stay classy! Cheers!

rod rammage wrote:

Leaving donut marks on the racing surface or in the paddock at such a beautiful facility seems to be bad form and probably doesn't endear ourselves (or the racing organization that we race under) with the track operators.

Then there's this.

I bet a big block powered, FWD car could do one hell of a burn out (if the e brake works).

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

rod rammage wrote:

As someone who has to tow 900 miles one way to the nearest road racing track, I feel that it is a PRIVILEGE, NOT a RIGHT to race at any track.
   When presented with the opportunity to compete at such esteemed venues like Sonoma, I like to think that we are, if you will, considered invited guests to these facilities, and as such, should be on our best behavior.
   Leaving donut marks on the racing surface or in the paddock at such a beautiful facility seems to be bad form and probably doesn't endear ourselves (or the racing organization that we race under) with the track operators. This is just my perspective, but I would sure hate to do anything that would endanger our ability to race at these fine facilities.
Stay classy! Cheers!

Have you seen this:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012032 … /120329970

bs

Parkwod60 wrote:

I bet a big block powered, FWD car could do one hell of a burn out (if the e brake works).

You'd think.

But my experience says a $500 one won't.

hotdogwater wrote:

If something bad happens, there goes everyone's fun!

See the "no stuntin no splodin" rule.

Speedy, you need to lighten up, you are way to easy to play poke the bear with.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

158 (edited by dculberson 2013-12-16 08:47 AM)

I can't believe we're still having this conversation.

Jay's playground, don't whine about his rulings, it's unseemly and ungrateful.  Just accept them for what they are.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Donuts should happen in Circle K parking lots, not race track infields.

steve wrote:

I'm not rying to jump on the band wagon against the burn out that speedy cop did I happen to think he eptimizes the essense of Lemons, I actually had the car right behind him when this was going on. I can tell you that things CAN happen beyond your control as evidence of a close friend of mine walking behind a car at the dragstrip doing a burn out that ran over a spark plug  It came out from under his tire with enough force that it to passed completely through his leg which then became infected and he almost lost his leg. So cool as it was there is always the possibility of something going wrong no matter how careful you might think you are. That guy following behind with the camera would probably be singing a different tune if you had picked up a rock or bolt, or something that may have been laying on the surface and slung it back at him.

TheEngineer wrote:
hotdogwater wrote:

If something bad happens, there goes everyone's fun!

See the "no stuntin no splodin" rule.

Speedy, you need to lighten up, you are way to easy to play poke the bear with.

Hey Speedycop, I'm honored you took the time to reply, but I agree with TheEngineer, you need to mellow out.  You even suggested you get special treatment and all I did was point out that the M3's dumb stunt had no spectators around but yours did.  Not exactly fair treatment when one dumb stunt is rewarded and another gets a lifetime ban when arguably yours could cause more harm to non racers. If someones kid caught even a rock to the eye(or worse) then we are all dealing with higher prices and and bad press or loss of the race series. You can keep arguing that your stunt was OK and less dangerous,   

I have seen many cars and coffee type videos loose it trying to do a burnout and donuts go wrong that I as stated I would rather see in a controlled environment like your videos.  I was wondering if all those spectators know you and  your fab skills?  And your driving skills?  That's public knowledge and on the waver they signed?  I'm sure the insurance rider has it spelled out too.   The PA probably announced that Speedcop was driving the plan and it's OK to get close when he does a burn out so everyone knew it was you driving and not someone else. 

My point again, IMO both were dumb stunts and probably should be done elsewhere so we all don't loose the privilege to race.

Teamgravy Racing > join us please @ http://www.facebook.com/Teamgravy

IOE winner & 2nd place Class C - North Dallas Hooptie 2013
2nd place Class C - Gator-o-Rama 2013

Auto racing is inherently dangerous. Write your congresscritters, and ask them to ban it! Won't somebody think of the children?

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Auto racing is inherently dangerous. Write your congresscritters, and ask them to ban it! Won't somebody think of the children?

It's just a fad it'll never catch on hahaha

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

The difference between Speedy's Spirit of Lemons and the anti-spirit BMW (in any way) stunt is one toed up to the line and gave it a friendly nudge, the other pissed all over it and threw up a couple middle fingers for good measure.

Some folks get the subtle nuances of having fun with others... Others tend to start running around hitting people in the head with hammers thinking "HA-HA IT'S A FUNNY PRANK!"

I don't know who the BMW people are (probably nice folks really), but their choice in "Lemons Racecar" makes everything else they were associated with that weekend suspect and subject to the evil-eye, even if it's just eating a taco.

"HEY YOU! WITH THE TACO. WHAT THE HELL YOU DOING?!?!"

The lesson to be learned here, is if you want to eat tacos in peace, don't bring a %$@& BMW unless it has a pair of 2s and zeroes on the trunk.

Or a beer-tap. Free beer tends to distract people.

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

164 (edited by Speedycop 2013-12-16 01:24 PM)

I dunno Pete, the 2002's I judged at Sonoma were pretty cheaty.

I did feel vindicated after stating that an E36 M3 was totally NOT in the spirit of Lemons, then seeing the wrap-up video the next day. Check out the comments by Nick Pon starting at the 22 second mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JifDgHnj4bo

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

I didn't say anything about rassin, this was a conversation about hoonin' after the race and more specifically the location of said hoonin'.... 

Oh and you mentioned someone emailed you about this topic, it wasn't me.  I'm not that much of a troll.

Teamgravy Racing > join us please @ http://www.facebook.com/Teamgravy

IOE winner & 2nd place Class C - North Dallas Hooptie 2013
2nd place Class C - Gator-o-Rama 2013

Hey, lets wind this one down. After catching up on the last few pages of this thread it looks like we have a generous range of opinions here.

I'm going to close this one so we can get back to dreaming of sugar plumbs.

If there is a good reason anyone thinks this discussion should continue drop me a note offline and we can discuss it.