Re: So, we went the way of the devil and got an e30, but also 49 dodge pu

Heck yeah! Looks like that will add speed, style, and reliability -- which this truck doesn't necessarily need mind you, but since this is racin' we will take all the help we can get! I came back for a second round of working on the truck today. Cadillac Bob was there and he has made huge progress sorting out suspension mods and brake lines. It is coming together.

Want some Lexus SC400 fog lights?

Can't hurt lol, that ram hood ornament is perfect for this truck lol.  I stayed after and continued working on the truck after Bob and Brett left today, and blocked off the front brake lines so I could at least move it and have rear brakes.  Also added a vacuum line to the brake system, so now they are power brakes.  Will probably drive it around the block tomorrow and see what happens.   Farthest that this truck has moved in decades.  But it was running for a good 30 minutes this evening and no overheating, and good oil pressure.  The odd thing is...radiator fan is causing a delay in the shutdown time of the truck....its very odd.  Basically the fan is acting like a generator and keeps the truck running till the fan stops moving.......never seen anything like it.

wizard0ne0 wrote:

The odd thing is...radiator fan is causing a delay in the shutdown time of the truck....its very odd.  Basically the fan is acting like a generator and keeps the truck running till the fan stops moving.......never seen anything like it.

This won't happen if you use a double-pole kill switch with the small set of contacts killing power to the ignition coil (as long as you don't have cooling fan power tapped into the coil power wire after the kill switch).

Also, the fan should be on a relay, when the truck is off the relay should open and that would keep the fan from powering anything.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Well, the truck is at bob's, and yesterday I didn't make it out to work on the truck like I was hoping......because the city was on my ass about having the lawn mowed, now we have 5 lawnmowers and 2 weedwackers.....and NONE of them would work except for 1 weedwacker, which promptly ran out of cutting wire........Then my dad showed up from his trip to Cortez with his car dolly so I had to help him move that around, and push a couple of his datsun roadsters around a little bit......Overall a butt turrible day with no progress that I made on the dodge.  May today be different.

When the city gets on your ass about your lawn you need to ask yourself...What would Burt (Munro) do?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brakes are now plumbed! huzzah!  Had to make a part for the brake lines.....because they didn't have a m10x1.0 1/4 inch female brake fitting.....so I had to get a female to female adapter and then a male brake fitting, but the female to female didn't have the correct cone in it so I had to drill out the female to female connector to match up with the male jaguar brake line.  but it worked and seems to be holding.  Tomorrow I am re-locating the battery as well as possibly mounting the fuel cell.

We like brakes.

The Us type of 3/16 fitting can be tapped to 10x1.0 easy .   Just be careful to not bottom the tap to hard.

Mike Ogren, Racing in Florida, GA. 
352 4288-983

And brakes we have!  We also have fuel cell, battery, most of a rollcage, and electrical system in place!

Having now seen this high-performance racing truck in person, I can say that the Rover SD1 is going to have quite a battle for Class C supremacy on its hands at Miller.

Bring it on Sanford

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/cheseroo/Mobile%20Uploads/20140525_103801_zps48b19b0e.jpg

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Will the Rover still have all its Prince of Darkness electrics?

165 (edited by Spank 2014-05-25 11:15 AM)

Judge Phil wrote:

Will the Rover still have all its Prince of Darkness electrics?

Yes.

In a bag in the trunk, if I have any say.

cheseroo wrote:

Bring it on Sanford

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii80/cheseroo/Mobile%20Uploads/20140525_103801_zps48b19b0e.jpg

The dog looks unimpressed.  The neighbors, on the other hand...

I'm not sure how I'd bet in a race between the Dodge and the Rover. The Rover will be faster... when it's running.

I see a crutch holding up a hood which has fire-related smudges on it. Excellent racing machine...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Judge Phil wrote:

I'm not sure how I'd bet in a race between the Dodge and the Rover. The Rover will be faster... when it's running.

Which Rover are you referring to, the four-wheeled one of the four-footed one?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Another Rover! I thought we were the only ones with a masochistic side......
Good luck Gents!!!!!.....
Rovers are the next thing in Lemons!!!!!
Manny
Elmos revenge....Saturn Sl2
Elmos Death wagon....1970 Bmw 2800
Super G-rover.....1969 Rover p6b 3500s

Holy hell, we've got a Jensen-Healey signed up for this race! And that's not all— several other great effluent machines making their debuts. If everyone who's signed up shows up for the race, it will be spectacular.

Fantastic stuff. Makes me want to get back to work on my "newer" '72 Firebird.
Wish I had skills like this! Good luck at Miller.

Patrick Ghiocel
8-Bit Racing - 1987 Subaru Leone RX
http://www.facebook.com/8BitRacing

173 (edited by wizard0ne0 2014-05-27 11:26 PM)

I guess I shoulduupdate one last time before we leave.  The truck is done!   Well almost,i am sure we will have some small things to do, but the truck runs, drives, and stops.  It even has a roll cage , seat, and harness!  Huzzah, and the kill switch kills everything regardless of rpm roll cage is padded.  Fuel cell and battery are bolted in.   guess it is time to go racing!  After driving it, I wonder if it will be the slowest ever Lemons vehicle.

wizard0ne0 wrote:

I guess I shoulduupdate one last time before we leave.  The truck is done!   Well almost,i am sure we will have some small things to do, but the truck runs, drives, and stops.  It even has a roll cage , seat, and harness!  Huzzah, and the kill switch kills everything regardless of rpm roll cage is padded.  Fuel cell and battery are bolted in.   guess it is time to go racing!  After driving it, I wonder if it will be the slowest ever Lemons vehicle.

That is awesome news. Well done, sir. See you at Miller.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

It can't be any slower than the one-cylinder Fiero. I think it will be slower than the NSF '56 Ford, though, because at least that car had an OHV V8.