Re: So, we went the way of the devil and got an e30, but also 49 dodge pu

It will not be slower than the electric Datsun at MSR!

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

X-args wrote:

It will not be slower than the electric Datsun at MSR!

Nope. No way. If any car is ever as slow as the Electric Datsun, it just isn't trying....

51 time Loser.

Whatever happened to the electric datsun?

We saw it at MSR-Houston.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LTXF13/013%20-%20UG%20-%2024%20Hours%20of%20LeMons%20MSR%202013.jpg

Though I don't recall seeing it on track.  My first two stints were in the dark and my third was in the rain.  So that may have had something to do with it.

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

that car actually looks relatively rust free......that's weird  I am still trying to convince my dad to drag his orange/rust colored roadster out to Lemons  literally has greatstuff foam as part of the body work.  But it does have a pretty good running motor.

Well, an update would probably be good, the truck is HELLA SWEET passed tech first time, and just kept on driving,  the brakes are hardly ever used on this track, and the transmission is hardly used either.  Stick it in 4th gear, floor it and turn has been our strategy.   We finished the day with 149 laps done in 42nd place out of the field of around 65-70.  It is however, HELLA SLOW like, I think we hit 60 a couple times kind of slow, and we are passed by EVERYONE but the truck just keeps on rollin albeit with low oil pressure, like 0-20 ish reading on our mechanical gauge.  Overall the truck is doing much better than anyone really anticipated actually handles reasonably well and brakes, when we use them, are pretty awesome.  Hoping to have a pretty good day tomorrow with no surprises, although that low oil pressure may rear its head.

I believe you will be in the IOE club ,what could possibly go wrong?

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Total domination - good luck tomorrow!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Congrats on the IOE win and thanks for the opportunity to drive what is for sure going to be a legend of Lemons.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

we need pix!

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

I have plenty of pictures and am gathering more right now. I need someone to help me figure out how to post the pics or I will see if Kevin can do it later (he stayed in Utah last night, so he isn't back in Denver yet)

If someone can suggest the easiest way to post pics I will try it. I don't have a facebook page, sorry.

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Completely awesome and well-deserved. It was a done-deal for IOE as soon as it pulled into the paddock. But the fact that it ran the WHOLE TIME and was LEADING Class C on Sunday (the REAL Class C-- not counting the accidentally miscategorized 914).

For a while it was an epic Class C battle with the Dodge in first being chased by the Rover in Second and the moke in Third all separated by 6 laps. (I think the porsche was 85 laps ahead by that point). With 30 min to go, it was chugging out some serious smoke from the blowby dump down by the bell housing. I was like, "Come on just make it 30 more minutes!"

Well deserved. Hope to see it back out again at BFE GP.

Once again, Spank demonstrates his well-deserved reputation as a real gentleman.  Sorry for the also-well-deserved I Got Screwed award.  FWIW, my current build will be a far, far less likely IOE contender. 

Although, driving that truck was hella fun.. now I really, fully understand your madness, Spank.

--Bob

If it ain't broken, fix it 'til it is.

That 914 sucked weasel balls for several races prior to this one.

Do they make a supercharger kit for that Dodge FH six?

Two minutes on the Google found this, close enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBbi56Nefzk

I'm not bothered by that 914 in C, there was an iron duke Fiero ahead of us too.  It broke, the 914 didnt.  I can see a class C purist making the argument that any C car that makes it into the top 10 overall got miscategorized.  Overall, the judges do a remarkable job of pulling the correct class out of their backside. 

OTOH, this post is about the Dodge.  That thing is spectacular.  I didnt get screwed out of anything with the Rover, I got to go road racing against a 50 Dodge truck.  Those guys have earned their stripes for building that.  They can now go build that E30 and anyone who grumbles about another E30 in the series, I will kick in the ding-ding.  They've earned the right.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Judge Phil wrote:

That 914 sucked weasel balls for several races prior to this one.

No genuine complaints from me. I poked my fun and I'm done. They had luck on their side, everyone else broke, and they drove well on a track that suited that car's strengths. I'm not butt-hurt at all.

But yea, what cheseroo said: I got to race alongside a flathead-powered 1950 dodge pickup!

Spank,

The honor and privilege was all theirs!  "they got to race alongside a genuine "Austin Moke!"  I'm starting to feel like I missed an event!

Genuinely, it sounds like a great event, at a great venue,  we'll be there next year.

Hamsa

He's a new man now, part of the machine,
His nerves of metal and his blood oil.
The clutch curses, but the gears obey,
His least bidding, and lo, he's away.

riley62 wrote:

I have plenty of pictures and am gathering more right now. I need someone to help me figure out how to post the pics or I will see if Kevin can do it later (he stayed in Utah last night, so he isn't back in Denver yet)

If someone can suggest the easiest way to post pics I will try it. I don't have a facebook page, sorry.

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Bumping this because I would like to share pics. I was on the team with the Dodge, and I have over 600 pics from the race. I have been culling through them and I have some good ones. I think I was able to post a pic once before, but I can't figure out how to do it now. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, thank you guys for the congrats, Spank, Cheeseroo and others. I have good pic of the Rover chasing the Truck, then one viceversa. I am sure when Kevin (truck owner) gets back and all unloaded, etc. he will post up some thoughts of his own. It was his first race ever.

Congrats on the IoE! Obviously well-deserved. As Doug would say- poorly done, gentlemen! Very poorly done.

If you want to post pics on this forum, you have to host them somewhere else first. If not Facebook, then Photobucket or Flickr or something. Once hosted, right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location" or something similar depending on your browser. Paste the link in a post here, surrounded by img tags.

Congrats on IOE! You guys did well and kept it out there.

While driving home, we found our potential IOE winner!
http://i.imgur.com/uLGefUBl.jpg
J/k J/k.

The 10 cars in C was a real treat to be able to race against. We were really looking forward to it.
Sorry that we screwed up and couldn't get in on the fun until Sunday (again).
Hope to see you all at Buttonwillow.

Patrick Ghiocel
8-Bit Racing - 1987 Subaru Leone RX
http://www.facebook.com/8BitRacing

Thanks everyone!  This truck was a shock to us all, including me and I built a most of it!  At the moment I am thinking about re-building the engine that is already in it and just keep on running it about how it is, maybe add a turbocharger or supercharger, we will see....a possible slant 6 conversion could also be fun.  Judge Phil really wants to see a straight 8 but that isn't really in my budget......The brakes and suspension were surprising on the truck, it actually was predictable and stable in the corners, and I feel like with more power it could actually be a reasonably quick vehicle.....maybe get the tires balanced and align the truck and it would do better.  Also replace the 20+ year old shocks and add a rear sway bar.  Overall I would say I had a FANTASTIC time out on the track over the weekend, especially for a complete rookie driver.  Going from a 3:05 minute lap to a 2:40 second lap was pretty decent, even if it was set on a yellow flag......(hey it was the only time I could actually follow the line for an entire lap without getting in peoples way!)

riley62 wrote:
riley62 wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Bumping this because I would like to share pics. I was on the team with the Dodge, and I have over 600 pics from the race. I have been culling through them and I have some good ones. I think I was able to post a pic once before, but I can't figure out how to do it now. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, thank you guys for the congrats, Spank, Cheeseroo and others. I have good pic of the Rover chasing the Truck, then one viceversa. I am sure when Kevin (truck owner) gets back and all unloaded, etc. he will post up some thoughts of his own. It was his first race ever.

You will have to find a host site to post pictures. I like imgur.com. Others use flickr, 

Then, either just post the link or surround the link to the picture with (img) (/img) but with brackets instead of parenthesis to imbed the picture into the thread.

Congrats on the IOE!  The pickup was awesome.  Drivers were very consistent and courteous.

Epic 10 lap battle between the Dodge and the Model T GT were the GT just couldn't seem to find a hole.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/stimpyvan/2014%20Miller/Dodge001_zpse26b8bb0.jpg

The Dodge @ WOT through the last turn onto the main straight.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d75/stimpyvan/2014%20Miller/Dodge003_zpsa25cc634.jpg

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

The Mormon Meteor got the "Highway 17" penalty as well and had to follow the truck.  So for a few laps you had both the T-GT and the Meteor following the truck.  Dude in the truck had to be thinking WTF?

The battle for the lead was interesting to watch on Sunday until the T-GT guys stepped on their Oscar Meyers too  many times.  Volvo was out front, Balto ran it down and passed which seemed to wake them up.  T-GT then started the chase and passed the Volvo for the lead on the same lap they set fast time of the race.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)