Re: Real Hoopties of NJ 2014 - Who's in?

WarpdSpazm wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

So how do you plan on braking?  Flitstones style?

The car is small,  figure a good sneeze will bring her to a stop.

... Put the new rotors on with a set of EBC yellowstuff (that I had cancelled when they weren't due to arrive until May 15th which prompted me to order CT's in the first place). EBC's came in the next day and CT's were wrong... can't make this sh!t up.

Mike Jr. is overnighting the correct set to NJMP for Thursday, so If they are in the office when I arrive, I'll fit the CT's, other wise I'll bed and run the EBCs.
My head hurts.

I can't wait to arrive Thursday just so I can start drinking...

Lol welcome to owning a team. 

It gets worse, trust me

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

I kept telling him he was better off just continung to arrive and drive with us, but nooooo.  I knew he made poor decisions when he agreed to run Lemons with us, but I didn't think he would take it this far!   Ha.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

153 (edited by WarpdSpazm 2014-05-06 11:27 AM)

Really?

I recall you and Jeff promoting the idea of buying that Fred Flintstone '67 Cortina from Long Island with the poorly done, non-running pinto motor swap.

But I did buy a car, so I guess we can't really trust my judgement or memory of past events.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

team ownership is awesome. I love the stress, headaches, and empty wallet that comes with it.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

team ownership is awesome. I love the stress, headaches, and empty wallet that comes with it.

You get headaches?  You're lucky, my nose goes straight to bleeding...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

WarpdSpazm wrote:

Really?

I recall you and Jeff promoting the idea of buying that Fred Flintstone '67 Cortina from Long Island with the poorly done, non-running pinto motor swap.

But I did buy a car, so I guess we can't really trust my judgement or memory of past events.

By that point we knew we couldn't talk real sense into you and were just trying to get you into a proper Lemons car instead of a Focus or Mustang.  It worked!

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

I like that he's optimistic using the word "get"... implying that at some point it goes away!

I've since developed a facial twitch that has my wife researching the pros and cons of therapy over an exorcism. I keep swearing tequila is sufficient.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
'04 Mitsu in the works

somewhere between starting my team and now I went from mostly drinking hard alcohol to mostly drinking beer. It's been a good switch. you can get more done on the car while drinking more of it than you can with hard alcohol. And it's a little less socially acceptable to be in your driveway with a pint glass of whiskey than it is to be out there with a few beer bottles.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Chris, I got the perfect "Warning, rookie driver" for you.  Swing over to garage #116 when you get in and I'll let you use it if you want.  If not, it is going to the judges for a possible penalty.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Oh I can't wait to see this.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

Sonic wrote:

I kept telling him he was better off just continung to arrive and drive with us, but nooooo.  I knew he made poor decisions when he agreed to run Lemons with us, but I didn't think he would take it this far!   Ha.

My team got scared after I had that weekend with you guys.  First race weekend I didn't go home with agita, more gray hair, and less overall hair.

racinrob wrote:

Chris, I got the perfect "Warning, rookie driver" for you.  Swing over to garage #116 when you get in and I'll let you use it if you want.  If not, it is going to the judges for a possible penalty.

I think i am in garage 117, right next to you guys.  I don't remember for sure, I probably should have wrote it down!

RogueLeader wrote:

My team got scared after I had that weekend with you guys.  First race weekend I didn't go home with agita, more gray hair, and less overall hair.

You didn't go home with a win either... so we didn't make it totally unnatural for you.

'04 Mitsu in the works

WarpdSpazm wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

You didn't go home with a win either... so we didn't make it totally unnatural for you.

Damned GM and their plastic parts!

Just as an FYI to all spoke to the track you will not be allowed to enter to drop off your trailer or whatever until 7 PM due to the motorcycle event going on at the track.

well that bites the big one.... I was going to leave my house at noon for a 3pm arrival. There was talk of 5pm gate... guess that's out the window.

'04 Mitsu in the works

I guess registration and Tech won't be 6pm-8pm like the website says. http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/24- … new-346282

Do you know if we'll be able to get in and set up our camper before 7?

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

I'm going early all the same... would rather sit in the NJMP gates waiting for 4 hours than go to work.

'04 Mitsu in the works

I always plan for an early arrival but never quite make it early.  But this time I have someone else in the car (FJ40Jim) so hopefully that means I'll stick closer to schedule.  Also hopefully they let us in even if it's just to get us out of their hair.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

squidrope wrote:

I guess registration and Tech won't be 6pm-8pm like the website says. http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/24- … new-346282

Do you know if we'll be able to get in and set up our camper before 7?

Based on what she told me no.  7PM is camper trailer etc parking entry.

I'm sure they will let you sign in and stuff but she said the event is going on at Thunderbolt so people will be using the places where we would be dropping our stuff.  I think its like a Motorcycle school or something.  I think its worth going to the gate on the chance its done earlier.

YMMV.

Remember, there is a bar on site.  I'm going to the bar.

We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.

RobL wrote:

That sounds like a stellar plan.  I might just see you there.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

172 (edited by chaase 2014-05-07 01:09 PM)

dculberson wrote:
RobL wrote:

That sounds like a stellar plan.  I might just see you there.

mmmm....beer. If all goes well for tech we may end up there. We have been known to hit the craps tables in AC though too.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Status update. The engine is in, and it runs. Fired up with almost zero fuel pressure after less than a full revolution of the starter. It was amazing.

New starter, we killed another. looks like we kill 1 a year. Thankfully they're warrantied for life, so free starter.

Oil cooler lines are leaking for some reason, so I ordered new braided line and over-nighted it to the track. I'll get it tomorrow and rebuild lines then.

No idea how i'm ready for this, but we are. See you guys tomorrow. I'll probably join the party waiting at the gate early.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

How late will the gate be open?

Drive more, type less.

TheEngineer wrote:

. I'll probably join the party waiting at the gate early.

This is my home track.  I have NEVER seen a line at the gate.  They have other things to do that the facility - karting, a nice restaurant, suites, storage garages, etc.  If they want to hold you at the front gate and stop you from going in, just say that you want to go to the bar/restaurant.  Most likely, they will not stop you from going in.  If that is the case, just head over to the track and we will wait in the back of paddock for the cyclists to finish attempting to donate their organs before we park and start unloading. 

I've never seen the gate closed and they have rooms/suites/houses so I can't see them locking those people in.