76 (edited by Mulry 2015-01-09 10:49 AM)

Re: Who's in for Barber?

Sonic wrote:

Apparently my google-fu is weak and I can't find a good number for Zune motorsports, but Barber lists a Zoom Motorsports on their page, is that the right one?

My bad. It's Zoom Motorsports. Somebody was talking about the Microsoft Zune the other day and for some reason it was lingering in my mind...

I don't know this for certain, but the proper contact might be Rus Hardy at 205-967-4745 ext. 156. That's from the Barber website.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

ICAustinMiniMan wrote:

I called 23 times and just breathed really heavily into the phone. That'll get'em to shape up!

What? I thought that was our special thing!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Whore!!!

This space for rent.

Purple Hays will be there with our obnoxiously slow Fox Mustang

Junk Dynasty Racing will be there with our Mustang as well!

LeMon Junkie wrote:

Junk Dynasty Racing will be there with our Mustang as well!

LOL

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Anyone have an idea of how many cars will be at barber to race??

2014 Spring Southern Discomfort- I.O.E. Winner 1956 Crown Vic , Fall CMP 5th place class C Pinto,
2015 Barber 2nd class C Pinto, 2015 Class C WINNER Spring CMP, 2015 Fall CMP Mid pack class B

Fuzzy Blumpkins/GoPher Broke - 1979 Pinto Limited Edition Squire "Titleless", 1988 Merkur XR4TI......why oh why?

87ish?

It Ain't My Fault

We are not bringing the Celica but will have the Frankenstein Motorworks MR2 and Accord.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

We just had a shakedown run at Road Atlanta with our new car that is going to Barber.  After Mental got out of the car he proclaimed that he had so much time while going down the straight that he got his taxes done.   So, watch for point bys from us, we're going as fast as we can.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Our new team "Super Westerfield Bros." will be there (all drivers formerly of Magnum, PU fame) this year.  Our goal is to have fun and not a turn a wrench since we've been turning wrenches since last November!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Knoxvegas Lowballers will be there. With not 1 but 2 terribly unreliable cars! Oh, and the Contour will be there as well.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

Formula None will be there.  Guess I'd better start paying attention to the car and get some tires ordered.

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

Hey, if anybody put an a story together for the "How on fire are we book", please stop by my paddock and sign the book for me.

It Ain't My Fault

Team Burningham is in again, looking forward to a little sunshine this time.  But, we had a good time in the rain last year except for the fact our wipers wouldn't work.  Who knew those were important?

2014 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 4th overall
2015 Barber (in the Burningham #150 Porsche 944) 5th overall, CMP (in the #100 Alexander Racing Accord) 30 something overall
2016 Barber (in the Burningham Too #255 Lexus SC300) 12th overall after 28 penalty laps

Did anyone find out when the track opens on Friday?

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Beers are all bottled; we'll have four varieties this time. Car needs a lot of work, tow vehicle is in pieces, and I'll be stuck in Oregon for 10 days before the race, but we'll have beer:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6475-rosemary.jpg
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6476-smoked.jpg
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6473-english2.png
http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture6474-irish2.png

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Dave wrote:

Hey, if anybody put an a story together for the "How on fire are we book", please stop by my paddock and sign the book for me.

What car should we be looking for?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
Dave wrote:

The Gremlin covered in brown fur, you know, the one with the big floppy red tongue, 6 foot tail and big floppy brown ears. big_smile

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
Dave wrote:

The Gremlin covered in brown fur, you know, the one with the big floppy red tongue, 6 foot tail and big floppy brown ears. big_smile

Could you be more specific, you don't want people stopping by the wrong one.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We are adding some graphics this weekend and buttoning up a few small details.  Other than that we are ready for some seat time!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

97 (edited by NSF 2015-01-21 01:24 PM)

Dave, lets see this floppy eared car!  Since you have a secret project you aren't talking about.  If you have an unveiling ceremony I will send Ron Vickers over in a blue Speedo to capture the moment.

This space for rent.

racinrob has possession of the "Dog" right now, he will try to post pictures tomorrow.

It Ain't My Fault

Sonic wrote:

We just had a shakedown run at Road Atlanta with our new car that is going to Barber.  After Mental got out of the car he proclaimed that he had so much time while going down the straight that he got his taxes done.   So, watch for point bys from us, we're going as fast as we can.

He totally not kidding. I have never been to any track event where I didn't at least pass someone..but this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etckl2q … kGFJ9olJIA

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

Mental wrote:
Sonic wrote:

He totally not kidding. I have never been to any track event where I didn't at least pass someone..but this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etckl2q … kGFJ9olJIA

You should've driven the Pinto at CMP.  Only passed the Eventful Frontenac, the Fuego! (FTW), and the diesel Toyomerc.  It ran better on only 3 cylinders at Summit (till it overheated).  I think it topped out at 70-75 mph on the long back straight.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!