Re: Who's in for Barber?

FPRbuzz wrote:

The rain sucked last year. I had the flu and my cocaptain had "other issues." The last thing we wanted to do was load the trailer in the rain. Then we drive 8 hours home, wet. Ugggggg...

Oh, and our driver came in without working brake lights and told us not to fix them because it wasn't safe. This time the tires won't be 2/32 at 52psi

Only 52psi?  You obviously aren't trying hard enough.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

127 (edited by VKZ24 2015-02-03 07:18 AM)

OnkelUdo wrote:

Atlanta successfully call the last two "ice storms of the century" more and a week in advance.

So they predicted last years ice storm two weeks in advance, but did nothing to prepare and had hundreds of drivers stranded on the interstate leaving their cars abandoned as they ran out of fuel.  Good job Atlanta!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Atlanta successfully call the last two "ice storms of the century" more and a week in advance.

So they predicted last years ice storm two weeks in advance, but did nothing to prepare and had hundreds of drivers stranded on the interstate leaving their cars abandoned as they ran out of fuel.  Good job Atlanta!

Not much Atlanta can do...they own nothing that will help with an ice storm.  It think Costco has more salt than all the DOT installations in the state.

Why were they on the interstate when the weather was predicted...

OnkelUdo wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Not much Atlanta can do...they own nothing that will help with an ice storm.  It think Costco has more salt than all the DOT installations in the state.

It was a question of release. Local TV weather have a vested interest in crying wolf at every storm. Thats not a southern thing, thats national. So people tend to ignore them the first 10 times. That storm was no exception, and when the feces hit the proverbial rotating air mover, everyone released every on at the same time. As a newly returned resident of the greater ATL, I don't care what the weather is, you send everyone home at once, its a recipe for disaster.

Regardless, I applaud Doug and his efforts to appease Murphy. Thank You!

The Other Idiot of Effluencecy

FPRbuzz wrote:

I had the flu and my cocaptain had "other issues."

Yeah... being on your period at a race sucks.

Idle Clatter Racing: 1979 Mercedes 300SD Delivery Spaceship,  "Not all ideas are good."
Fall 2013 CMP I.O.E.
Shine Country Classic 2014 and Southern Discomfort: Showed Up; Didn't Blowed Up
Humidi TT: DOMINATION. Barber 2015: "Least Southern Pickup Truck"

131 (edited by st_rage 2015-02-03 08:18 AM)

I'm pretty sure they called at least 6 of the last two "ice storms of the century".  A broken clock is right twice a day.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

OnkelUdo wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Not 100% sure, but isn't there a huge amount of sand in the state?  Sprinkle liberally, and at least the roads are passable.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Not 100% sure, but isn't there a huge amount of sand in the state?  Sprinkle liberally, and at least the roads are passable.

Atlanta is all red clay.  Wet clay is probably the only substance more slippery than ice.

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Not for the uninitiated.  I watched "Okies on Ice" one too many times back in the Sooner State.  We made a day of it, actually.

My day grew up in the lake effect between Rochester and Buffalo.  He made sure I would never be one of those guys.  I had about 50 miles on icy/snowy parking lots (empty at the ungodly hour of 4 AM) in a pickup before I had one road mile when I got my permit.  I thank him for this every winter in Chicagoland.

I'll be there, as will Judge Steve McDaniel.

st_rage wrote:

Atlanta is all red clay.  Wet clay is probably the only substance more slippery than ice.

Red clay is great for racing.  One of the tracks in this area is red clay and once you get the puddles off the track that stuff is stickier than snot.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

The Duff Beer team will continue to pray for rain. We've got the rag on a stick ready to go!

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Judge Phil wrote:

I expect that Judge Steve can be bribed with laps in the hoopiest of hoopties, but then if you are bringing such a hooptie you don't need to be bribing.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

This is what I had to deal with to get to Barber

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z110/coolhand454/Barber%202015/IMG_20150202_190945404_zps39107724.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z110/coolhand454/Barber%202015/IMG_20150202_190935643_zps788e3e6b.jpg

Move 300' by 7'  of snow so we can get the car out of the garage. Not looking forward to getting it on the trailer..... The things we do for racing.

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

coolhand454 wrote:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z110/coolhand454/Barber%202015/IMG_20150202_190945404_zps39107724.jpg

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z110/coolhand454/Barber%202015/IMG_20150202_190935643_zps788e3e6b.jpg

Move 300' by 7'  of snow so we can get the car out of the garage. Not looking forward to getting it on the trailer..... The things we do for racing.

That sucks!....................we were loading the car in flip-flops, t-shirts,  & shorts!

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

141 (edited by st_rage 2015-02-03 03:57 PM)

Red clay is great for racing.  One of the tracks in this area is red clay and once you get the puddles off the track that stuff is stickier than snot.

I always heard it as "slicker than snot", but I guess in both cases it depends on your level of hydration.

We went to Dixie motor speedway for the first time this summer to watch.  It rained on us for about 20 minutes just before the start, but they rolled all the competitors and tow trucks out to dry the track. Drivers that couldn't keep their velocity up they just slid down the banking to the center of the track.  Once it was all churned in they could race, but I got the sense that steering was based less on friction and more about the thrust developed by hurling mud out the back.

After the race we took a look at the rule book for the street car class.  4 pages of it were devoted to fighting in the pits.  We decided we weren't interested.

I know some guys who do dirt and asphalt small ovals. There is much drama. It looks like good redneck fun.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

crashandburn wrote:
coolhand454 wrote:

That sucks!....................we were loading the car in flip-flops, t-shirts,  & shorts!

Yeah but let us know how it is when the mosquito's carry off your Lemons car then Hurricane Son-of-Ivan folds your house.

I'm just saying...any able bodied human can shovel snow but you would need flying monkeys to chase that car wafting away on the wings of organized swarms of mozies.

Brett85p wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

I expect that Judge Steve can be bribed with laps in the hoopiest of hoopties, but then if you are bringing such a hooptie you don't need to be bribing.

Yes, yes he can......  But I may be too busy this weekend:(

51 time Loser.

Catastrophic failure on the new build, I guess I'll be wrenching until we leave. sad

It Ain't My Fault

Anyone have a dog mask, size large, I could borrow for BS inspection?  If so, please stop by the Gremlin's pit area.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013

st_rage wrote:

After the race we took a look at the rule book for the street car class.  4 pages of it were devoted to fighting in the pits.  We decided we weren't interested.

Spit take. Thanks!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

148 (edited by VKZ24 2015-02-04 08:50 AM)

coolhand454 wrote:

Move 300' by 7'  of snow so we can get the car out of the garage.

I have a simple rule.  If you live anywhere you need to own a snow blower, you need to move to place that you don't. 

Damn I hate me some snow.  We only get it once or twice a year hear in NC, but if I never saw it ever again it would be too soon!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Where is everyone?  I guess we win the first one to be here, 12:30 on Thursday.  The Gremlin is in the house!

Party at the Hampton Inn tonight.

About an hour and a half out now
Are there teams camping in the parking lot?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019