Re: Who's going to Sonoma in January?

The Never Victorious Crown Vic will be there as well, slogging around the track in our typical sloppy style.

cdickman12 wrote:

#58 Crown Vic is in. If it blows up next weekend it will be replaced with the Rambler with vacuum operated windshield wipers, that don't work so well sad

Well it did blow up last weekend, and naturally we paid up in advance. Time to learn how to rebuild an automatic trans - on second thought we'll leave that one to the experts.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

bokonnon wrote:

Team Camel Toe will be there for sure.  We're going to try and setup in the same location....free German beer & food Saturday night again!

You mean Sunday night? (Sun-Mon MLK weekend race!)

For some reason (against better judgement and upon threats of castration from the Female Influence) we've signed the unicorn up... I apologize in advance for being in everyones way wink

bacomatic wrote:
bokonnon wrote:

Team Camel Toe will be there for sure.  We're going to try and setup in the same location....free German beer & food Saturday night again!

For some reason (against better judgement and upon threats of castration from the Female Influence) we've signed the unicorn up... I apologize in advance for being in everyones way wink

By the way, kept forgetting to post that the unicorn theme was a favorite among most of the corner workers. Nice job on the theme smile

A Mazda on its roof goes "wooz wooz"
"Racing makes heroin addiction seem like a vague longing for something salty"-Peter Egan

The Jag Hearse will be there

Scion XB Toaster
71 Datsun Z

bacomatic wrote:
bokonnon wrote:

YES!!!  Sunday night is free beer and brats.  But feel free to stop by Saturday too.

TCT Performance & Racing, LLC
Faster Farms Ranch, Knightsen, CA

I've got wristbands if anyone needs to get crew (or drivers) in the gates for less than the $75 crew price.

In spite of our last butt-terrible outing earlier this month - if you can call a few hours Sunday morning an outing - I've managed to round up a rather experienced team of CRX drivers to help Team Sunday Funday / Drag Racers properly navigate Sonoma. So we'll be there with wigs on!

hstreets wrote:

By the way, kept forgetting to post that the unicorn theme was a favorite among most of the corner workers. Nice job on the theme smile

Thanks! We were all really happy with how that turned out. Mad props to our artist on that, he spent a lot of time getting that together. Now, if we can get the car to handle a bit better...

bacomatic wrote:
hstreets wrote:

Thanks! We were all really happy with how that turned out. Mad props to our artist on that, he spent a lot of time getting that together. Now, if we can get the car to handle a bit better...

The suspension's not bad, it's stock so a bit soft, but it's still good enough to use more tire.  The rubber it's on is an inch narrower than stock.

The EASY 908/14 will be there. We will be still be sporting some scars from our "incident" in turn 9 from Arse Freeze  2014, though.

Ciao

Jim

37 (edited by JayCee 2015-01-07 11:49 AM)

Anyone going to Sonoma in a few weeks:

I talked to the guy from RacerConnect about setting up their live in-car streaming video service (RaceCast) for this Lemons race. Normally, he does NASA and east coast stuff.
http://live-dev.racerconnect.com/index. … escription

If you want to use it (it's free) to broadcast a live in-car video stream to the web (and/or back to the pits), you just need to mount an iOS/Android phone in your car, create a profile on live.racerconnect.com, and e-mail Kyle Bacon (kbacon [at] racerconnect [dot] com). He'll give you a code and instructions for setting it up on your phone.

It works pretty good, with about a 3-8 second delay. E-mail me if you have any questions: jcordle [at] gmail.

Julian

#303 '63 Pugeot 404 - PugeotDaddy - IOE Winner, Thunderhill 2014
#300 '86 MR2 - Snowspeeder Pilots Association - I Got Screwed - The Ridge - 2013, Heroic Fix - The Ridge - 2015, Class B victory, Thunderhill 2016
Guinness World Record - Largest Car Race, Thunderhill 2014
Southern Oregon

38 (edited by SforSancho 2015-01-07 12:42 PM)

JayCee wrote:

I talked to the guy from RacerConnect about setting up their live in-car streaming video service (RaceCast) for this Lemons race. Normally, he does NASA and east coast stuff.

It works pretty good, with about a 3-8 second delay. E-mail me if you have any questions: jcordle [at] gmail.

How much data that would eat up over 8 hours of racing?

Team OLD Farts
1987 Porsche 924 "Pac-Man"
1986 Audi 4000 Ghost 'Speedy'
1991 Audi 200 Ghost 'Clyde'

SforSancho wrote:
JayCee wrote:

How much data that would eat up over 8 hours of racing?

I knew keeping my unlimited ATT data plan would come in handy someday!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cdickman12 wrote:

AT&T throttles unlimited data plan users if they are in the 95th percentile or above on data usage. So if you use ~3GB in a billing month, AT&T will slow your data connection. A lot. I know because I've gone above the limit a few times.

Team OLD Farts
1987 Porsche 924 "Pac-Man"
1986 Audi 4000 Ghost 'Speedy'
1991 Audi 200 Ghost 'Clyde'

Team Zerobelow with the Buick 215 v8 powered corvair will be in for the race.

We've just spent a while fixing a blown headgasket (I knew we should have kept the air-cooled engine!). And redoing a bunch of the plumbing. We'll be bringing a bunch of spare batteries because we're having charging problems, and may end up running total-loss if we don't get around to looking at it this weekend. But we do have new windshield wiper blades.

I rented a garage, since I'm pretty sure we'll be fixing our car all weekend (we did manage about 17 laps at thunderhill last fall). What do people do for power in the garages? Is there a safe place to run a generator? Or is there power on the building?

Brian (Gadget) from team Zerobelow.

zerobelow wrote:

I rented a garage, since I'm pretty sure we'll be fixing our car all weekend (we did manage about 17 laps at thunderhill last fall). What do people do for power in the garages? Is there a safe place to run a generator? Or is there power on the building?

There is power for each stall.   It is a 4-outlet box hanging from the ceiling, so you will need
extension cords to reach the floor.   Unlike Buttonwillow, there is no compressed air.
You could run a generator & compressor in your parking space opposite your garage stall.

The garages have windows looking out at turn 11 (a tight 180), so there is ample opportunity
to see how badly your car corners.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Anybody coming up from the LA area? I just bought a set of headers for our 2nd car and was wondering if someone would be willing to pick them up and bring them to the track. The headers are in the Eagle Rock area. Let me know if you can help.

Wes Conklin
Team California Mille
2007 Eyetalian Class Champions
20+ races and still going strong, Finally won one. Pacific Northworst Winner 2012.

SforSancho wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

AT&T throttles unlimited data plan users if they are in the 95th percentile or above on data usage. So if you use ~3GB in a billing month, AT&T will slow your data connection. A lot. I know because I've gone above the limit a few times.

Hearing from Kyle that the video encoding uses about 250 MB per hour.

#300 '86 MR2 - Snowspeeder Pilots Association - I Got Screwed - The Ridge - 2013, Heroic Fix - The Ridge - 2015, Class B victory, Thunderhill 2016
Southern Oregon

Lemons Alfetta wrote:

Anybody coming up from the LA area? I just bought a set of headers for our 2nd car and was wondering if someone would be willing to pick them up and bring them to the track. The headers are in the Eagle Rock area. Let me know if you can help.

I live in Eagle Rock and am coming to Sonoma.
Click on the email link at the left.

CowDriver wrote:

The garages have windows looking out at turn 11 (a tight 180), so there is ample opportunity
to see how badly your car corners.

Well, our suspension bottoms out at 25mph on a slight pavement change that isn't even visible to the eye, in parking lot near where we do our car work. So, I think it's safe to say that we don't need to see our car out the window to know that it will corner very badly. Also, the 4 wheel drum brakes won't be doing much for ability to brake late into the turns...

But thanks for the info on the power. With building power, that means we'll be able to keep the popcorn machine running...

Yesterday, we got the car moving under it's own power (for the first time in a few months), so we're optimistic that it might be functional! I may even drive it to work one day this week to iron out any wrinkles, if I can manage to fix the alternator tomorrow night (if not, we may be bringing a bunch of batteries to the track and running at net loss, ooh, the extra horsepower from not needing to spin an alternator! -- though we'd probably be better served to fix up our throttle linkage so we can get above about 3/4 throttle).

Brian (Gadget) from team Zerobelow.

zerobelow wrote:

I may even drive it to work one day this week to iron out any wrinkles

I drove the rusted-out Super Snipe (v1.0) to work one day and parked it next to the CEO's brand
new Range Rover.   I am told that when he looked out his window, he looked like he had seen a
turd in the punchbowl.   However, I became an instant hero with the factory workers.

SforSancho wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Good thing I only normally use a few hundred megs then. I was working on the streaming thing and it had large delays with good service at my home. Going to try it again driving around and have my room mate watch it to see if it is a little better.

cdickman12 wrote:
SforSancho wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Good thing I only normally use a few hundred megs then. I was working on the streaming thing and it had large delays with good service at my home. Going to try it again driving around and have my room mate watch it to see if it is a little better.

Corey - testing out Racer Connect LIVE at home, and I'm seeing 15-20 second delay.

Southern Oregon