Re: Lemons Extremes List

FPRbuzz wrote:

Most Great rethemes of the same car?

I'd vote for quality over quantity.  On the West Coast, the list needs to include

Forget the team name, BMW from San Diego
Porcubimmer (1st BMW with pricks on the outside), Christine, The Homer

Eyesore's Miata has had multiple great themes with costumes over the years (Star Trek Enterprise, Team America, Sesame Street, etc).  For a period, it was different for every race.

Spank's moke has been lunar landing module, mars explorer, lifeboat, LSR car, tractor (2 types) and god knows what else

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

77 (edited by FPRbuzz 2015-02-25 11:20 AM)

Yep, I'd think Eyesore or the Moke as well.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

therood wrote:
cabinboy wrote:
rmarc7828 wrote:

Does anyone know what the TaTas Camaro has for an engine? Any rebuild details?

Someone said it had a new (for the car) 5.3 in it for the Barber race. Anyone know for sure?

I can't remember where I heard it, but someone told me it has a 5.3L Vortec from a truck in it now.

It's from one of the Chevy cargo vans.  I was talking to one of them in LOT G on Friday.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

skivittlerjimb wrote:

The Miami Vice 1991 BMW 850i was $77,000 when it was new. I'll let others do the math but it's got to be in the depreciation top ten.

I also nominate this for best and worst People's Curse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Os66VROBQY

It's amazing that nobody was hurt while destroying that car.  Way too many sledges swinging about wildly.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

FPRbuzz wrote:

Most rethemes of the same car?

The Boat is at 9 different themes, about 6 of those included complete new paint jobs.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

81 (edited by chaase 2015-02-26 07:05 AM)

squidrope wrote:
skivittlerjimb wrote:

The Miami Vice 1991 BMW 850i was $77,000 when it was new. I'll let others do the math but it's got to be in the depreciation top ten.

I also nominate this for best and worst People's Curse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Os66VROBQY

It's amazing that nobody was hurt while destroying that car.  Way too many sledges swinging about wildly.

That was pretty crazy. It was probably the most dangerous People's Curse except for maybe when they used explosives and a .50cal to destroy one car down in West Virginia.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

How about most races run on the same engine oil?

We did 4 of the High Plains races with the same engine oil.  We checked it and it looked good so we went with it.

Also, that car has been through 8 events and about 10 track days on the same engine (rotary).

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

83 (edited by chaase 2015-02-26 07:19 AM)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

How about most races run on the same engine oil?

We did 4 of the High Plains races with the same engine oil.  We checked it and it looked good so we went with it.

Also, that car has been through 8 events and about 10 track days on the same engine (rotary).

That''s crazy. I think the most we went on the same engine oil was two and that's because the car was broken most of those races. We normally change the oil after each race day. The Saturn engine lasted about 7-8 races on the same engine. That is really good because it has a 6800 rpm redline and we used all of it all the time.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

We've realized about halfway through a race that we forgot to change the engine oil after the last race.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

It's hard for me to forget oil, since I completely tear down the engine every race. I think i'm partially responsible for the depletion of Mopar head gaskets for 2.2/2.5 engines last year. I'm coming for the supply of bearings too.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

chaase wrote:
squidrope wrote:
skivittlerjimb wrote:

That was pretty crazy. It was probably the most dangerous People's Curse except for maybe when they used explosives and a .50cal to destroy one car down in West Virginia.

My two favorites about that curse. Maybe 10 50 call rounds that missed then the guy with the machine gun mounted on his pickup truck (yes) unloaded a few hundred rounds into it. Right after that it was quiet hour. Start your car and you're booted. Bullets, explosions, then bibles. It was definitely interesting. Oh, a ton of people weren't behind the shatter shield. It was a weird 2 hours.

-Killer B's (as in rally) '84 4000Q 4.2V8. Audis never win?

jrbe wrote:
chaase wrote:
squidrope wrote:

My two favorites about that curse. Maybe 10 50 call rounds that missed then the guy with the machine gun mounted on his pickup truck (yes) unloaded a few hundred rounds into it. Right after that it was quiet hour. Start your car and you're booted. Bullets, explosions, then bibles. It was definitely interesting. Oh, a ton of people weren't behind the shatter shield. It was a weird 2 hours.

That's right. I think there was a woman in an angel costume firing the truck mounted machine gun. It was an interesting sight to say the least.

Baron wrote:

We've realized about halfway through a race that we forgot to change the engine oil after the last race.

Wait.  You guys change your oil?

chadadams59 wrote:
Baron wrote:

sometimes.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Baron wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:
Baron wrote:

sometimes.

Adding 5 quarts during a race is basically an oil change right?

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
Baron wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

sometimes.

I remember doing an entire race weekend without even checking the oil. Damn hot pit rules plus getting forgetful.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

92 (edited by chadadams59 2015-02-26 11:36 AM)

cabinboy wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
Baron wrote:

sometimes.

I remember doing an entire race weekend without even checking the oil. Damn hot pit rules plus getting forgetful.

I usually check it on Friday to make sure we don't blow up on the test day and then I check it on Saturday morning.  If I remember, I check it on Sunday.

If I hadn't warped the head at Barber, I'd be racing on the same oil at Gingerman in a couple months.  Changing oil is so un-lemony. 

p.s. It's important to note that my car isn't fancy or pretty.  Engines are also REALLY easy to find.

skivittlerjimb wrote:

I only learned yesterday that the guy from Axis of Oversteer was on this team.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

We must not forget the K-Car in all this, or the Anton phenomenon. Driver extremes.

95 (edited by flyingpigs750 2015-02-28 07:04 PM)

coolhand454 wrote:

Add "The biggest exhaust fireball from a backfire (Turbo and NA)"

this may be the one with the MOST fireballs in one race! every time you let your foot off the gas this happened!
quick explanation: this is a Ford 2.3 turbo Thunderbird turbo coupe from engine to the rear axle... just the body and front suspension are Porsche

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIS12/ … 12-UG.html
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIS12/ … 12-UG.html

Flying Pigs Racing, 1987 Ford Mustang
You came in that thing, you are braver than I thought, Porsche 944 / T-bird TC drivetrain (with Darth Vadar on the roof)
MonteCrappo, 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 3800 V6

Spank wrote:

More verifiable for fuel economy, the moke did over 7 hours (dont know the official timekeeper because specialty timing isn't coming up for me) at Good Effort GP on a 22 gallon fuel cell and I think I measured just shy of 21 gallons to fill the tank up from dry. With some pretty poor aerodynamics at that. Gasoline, not diesel.

well that is for a tiny car...
we ran 4 1/4 hours in one stint with 302 V8 (ran out of fuel 200 feet from pit spot) and poured in over 21 gallons in a 22 gallon fuel cell.
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIF14/ … _2547.html

Flying Pigs Racing, 1987 Ford Mustang
You came in that thing, you are braver than I thought, Porsche 944 / T-bird TC drivetrain (with Darth Vadar on the roof)
MonteCrappo, 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo 3800 V6

97 (edited by NSF 2015-02-28 07:36 PM)

http://www.murileemartin.com/LSW10/LeMons-SouthFeb10-0282.jpg
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIS12/263-LMIS12-UG.jpg

Hmmmm -  I don't know?

This space for rent.

I throw a vote out for the BiPolar Express as one of the worst aerodynamic cars out there. I BELIVE (Pun Intended) that was arse freeze 2008. Hopefully Judge Phil has a picture of that car in the archives...

Cars: '96 Saturn, Prelude, 91-93 SE-R's, Two '84 Rabbits, '87 Scirocco(R.i.P.), '01 Focus, '94 Honda Del Slow, '86 Scirocco, '91 Miata,
Championships: 2009
Races: Too Many to count

Chingon wrote:

I throw a vote out for the BiPolar Express as one of the worst aerodynamic cars out there. I BELIVE (Pun Intended) that was arse freeze 2008. Hopefully Judge Phil has a picture of that car in the archives...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--RGB6VxF5--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18ncysoujhmeajpg.jpg
http://jalopnik.com/5119933/lemons-arse … ss-mustang

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

100 (edited by Lemony_Snicket 2015-03-01 07:26 PM)

Not sure if these have been contributed yet: the birthday cake Volvo could be a Worst Aero contender...and the Nutjob Wag-O-Van in the air-stairs livery could be one of the tallest.

Would "Largest Spoiler" go to Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce as well?

Proud supporter of the "Bring A Sterling To Lemons" Foundation

I'll make it to an actual race one of these days.  Until then...