Re: Who is in for Gingerman?

OnkelUdo wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

No, but we could loan you the Saturn if you like.  What could possibly go wrong?

Are you bringing it? With your mystery build and other swaps there could be some takers.

We had not planned on it but is theoretically possible.  We sold off our spare subframe so the engine in it would have to last the whole weekend (though we do have a spare for about everything else).  We had talked about bringing it with a for sale sign but thought Joliet would be a better venue...mainly because we could drive the Class C build to the track and trailer the Saturn with it being only about 20-30 minutes from our new build location.  That and I suspect Gingerman in April will once again be mostly hardcore midwest teams that are fully built and ready to go, verses lots of folks at Joliet just checking out the scene.

I've read on the Book of Faces that a lot of teams are contemplating a long tow to Autobahn to race. Might not be a bad idea to have it there and even to have it running and sorted if you have the time. If someone hella blows up their rig or bins it, you might be able to wheel and deal.

It's also not unprecedented that someone who blows up their car irreparably in the opening hours runs a backup car, though those are usual special-dispensation kinds of situations. Either way, you're right to try selling it at Autobahn.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Bring it.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

The 688 yellow Taurus peep SHO will be there again, this time with electronic power steering. If we pop the motor, we'll just run a belt from the steering motor to the transmission...

#330 Rubber City Racing
#688 SHOuth of the Border

I'm usually not one to ask for bribes, usually, but I wear a medium or large shirt.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

I'm usually not one to ask for bribes, usually, but I wear an itty-bitty tweener girls shirt.

FTFY...your welcome.

therood wrote:

I'm usually not one to ask for bribes, usually, but I wear a medium or large shirt.

Refresh my memory -- do you have one of our shirts?  I think I remember giving you one, but hell.......... I drink a lot at these races.

I think we still have some mediums, and a few in itty-bitty tweener girl sizes.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

OnkelUdo wrote:
therood wrote:

I'm usually not one to ask for bribes, usually, but I wear an itty-bitty tweener girls shirt.

FTFY...your welcome.

Wow.  You might as well just park your super secret new ride in the penalty box.  Or at least make the shirt really sparkly.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

chadadams59 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
therood wrote:

FTFY...your welcome.

Wow.  You might as well just park your super secret new ride in the penalty box.  Or at least make the shirt really sparkly.

Meh, we area always nice to Eric at the races and reserve the right to raz him here...and my bedazzler is out of supplies.

majo wrote:
therood wrote:

Refresh my memory -- do you have one of our shirts?  I think I remember giving you one, but hell.......... I drink a lot at these races.

You did give me one. I wore it a few times and sent it Westward to a Hooniverse reader last (2013) Christmas. So you may see it at a California race on someone who isn't me but who is familiar amongs the LeMonstude.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Team sheen will be there with the Mirada and the Integra.  we need some drivers though.  PM me if you are interested.  have on ad up in the looking for drivers.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

therood wrote:
majo wrote:
therood wrote:

You did give me one. I wore it a few times and sent it Westward to a Hooniverse reader last (2013) Christmas. So you may see it at a California race on someone who isn't me but who is familiar amongs the LeMonstude.

Forget giving Judge Eric shirts now that he just gives them away.  We all need to give him shirts for his daughter so we can annoy he wife with all these bizarre shirts he keeps putting her in.  Plus she is cuter and will get better attention for your team than Judge Eric.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I spoke with Maribeth and the gates will be opening at 3 pm on thursday.

I hope to see many of you there.

#124 Product Design Saturn SL2

Hey is the Cardoba going to be there?  Anybody know there team name?  I can't remember. I thought it was the chevette guys.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

Straight6er wrote:

Hey is the Cardoba going to be there?  Anybody know there team name?  I can't remember. I thought it was the chevette guys.

Zero Budget Racing, same guys who race the diesel Chevette and currently own the K-car.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

moresaturn wrote:

What time will they be open to on Thursday?

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

majo wrote:
moresaturn wrote:

What time will they be open to on Thursday?

Normally 10.  Call if you want specifics.

Pentastar will be blowing up their engine / transmission / power steering pump / etc. that weekend as well.

The Pentastar whisperer

Just bumping this. We will just be messing around getting the Metro tuned up for the 24 hour race, no BMW.  Anyone else have updates??

I can't wait to drive the wet line... Er.... Ice line.... Er.... Oil line.... Uh.... I can't wait to slide around with everyone again!!!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Car is currently in a million pieces. No fuel. No tires. No fluids. No money.

So I'd say we are on track!

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Just bumping this. We will just be messing around getting the Metro tuned up for the 24 hour race, no BMW.  Anyone else have updates??

I can't wait to drive the wet line... Er.... Ice line.... Er.... Oil line.... Uh.... I can't wait to slide around with everyone again!!!

If you have not been following elsewhere, Team Bad Decisions is bringing our super cheaty Pontiac Trans Sport.  Let the Dust Buster loose on Class C.

Will be working the bugs out for the new drivetrain. http://i58.tinypic.com/2rzdsmf.jpg

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:

Will be working the bugs out for the new drivetrain. http://i58.tinypic.com/2rzdsmf.jpg

It appears your engine and radiator is mounted sideways, that may cause loss of fluids and wicked vibrations at speed! wink

Butt Sweat & Beers.

jimmy.shearer wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Will be working the bugs out for the new drivetrain

It appears your engine and radiator is mounted sideways, that may cause loss of fluids and wicked vibrations at speed! wink

Damn it looked fine on my phone or maybe that is our secret strategy.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

49 (edited by jimmy.shearer 2015-03-28 06:26 PM)

Brett85p wrote:
jimmy.shearer wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Will be working the bugs out for the new drivetrain

Damn it looked fine on my phone or maybe that is our secret strategy.

I'm thinking secret strategery! I'm also impressed at how you were able to get the wrench and pliers to defy gravity, it appears sir that you are now not bound by the laws of physics and will very likely DOMINATE!!!

Butt Sweat & Beers.

Awesome!!!!!!  Glad we're not in class C anymore!!! smile

OnkelUdo wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

If you have not been following elsewhere, Team Bad Decisions is bringing our super cheaty Pontiac Trans Sport.  Let the Dust Buster loose on Class C.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.