Re: Who is in for Gingerman?

You guys are making me feel a little better about the state of our car. We've got the cage updates all finished, figured out our electrical isues (who knew BCMs don't like water?) replaced the crusty fuel lines and figured out our clutch problems (mice used the pressure plate as a storage unit).

Still have to set the alignment, swap the windshield, figure out a more sturdy battery hold down (a block of wood in the battery box might not cut it this time) and decide if we really want to repaint the car or not.

Is anyone else getting in on the Friday practice before the race? We definitely won't be there for the 8:30am driver's meeting, so I assume we can't get on later?

WE ARE IMPORTANT MEN!  WE DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

I'm sure they will let you run if you don't make the drivers meeting.
You can contact the track via their website to be sure.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Just a random plug. Anyone going to the MSU Racing Car show at Spartan stadium the 18th? I will hopefully have my car running by then. It would be cool to have a few actual race cars there!

edchap13 wrote:

Just a random plug. Anyone going to the MSU Racing Car show at Spartan stadium the 18th? I will hopefully have my car running by then. It would be cool to have a few actual race cars there!

Whuuu? tell me more? (my hometown). Might have to try and hit that...

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

April 18th at Spartan stadium. Last year we hit 700 or so cars. Plus exhaust competition and other fun stuff. You can find more info on facebook page. But here is a quick copy paste

About
Come check out the Fifth Annual Spring Car Show, presented by the MSU Racing Club! We've been growing every year, let’s make this year the biggest yet! This year, the show will be held at Spartan Stadium, just like in 2014! It's right in the heart of the campus of Michigan State University:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/79/@4 … d90e826e51

Registration is $10 for general entry, or $5 for any student (not just MSU) with an ID. A portion of the show's proceeds will be donated to charity. If you don't have a car but want to check out some cool rides, spectating is free!
This show is open to anybody with any kind of vehicle—imports, muscle cars, 4x4s, motorcycles, you name it.

Vehicle classes are as follows:
1945-earlier
1946-1963
1964-1979
1980-1992
1993-2002
2003-Present
Exotic
Import - European
Import - Asian
Street Rod
Street Truck
Off-Road Truck
Motorcycle - 700cc & under
Motorcycle - Over 700cc
Motorcycle - Cruiser

People's Choice Awards:
Best Show Car
Best Go Car
Best Domestic
Best Import
Best Motorcycle
Best Student-Owned Car

If you wish to pre-register, please send an email to MSUracing@gmail.com with the following information:
Year
Make
Model
Class (from above)
Student-owned (Y/N)
Additional vehicle info (optional)
Preferred Payment method (PayPal or bank transfer)

Trophies and certificates will be given to the winners in each class. Only entrants may vote for the winners in the vehicle classes. Voting for the People’s Choice awards is open to anybody (owners or spectators).

We will also have door prizes and a loudest exhaust contest!

If you own or represent a business and are interested in promoting at our show, please email us at MSUracing@gmail.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to post or email the address above!
We hope to see you there!
Oh, and INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!!

chadadams59 wrote:

Nice!  My new engine runs too! 

Now I just have to get the clutch to work, bolt in the new seat and belts, battery box, toe, camber, figure out why my temp sensors don't work, tidy up the wiring in the engine bay and weld a quick release on.

Other than that, I need to road test to ensure that the car moves under it's own power.

Crap.

Oh, that's all? Sounds like you have it well under control.

Should I be planning an impromptu  "quick" trip to Chi town to help? smile

All this anticipation... I can't wait for Eric's pre race write up.

#124 Product Design Saturn SL2

Wloch248 wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

Nice!  My new engine runs too! 

Now I just have to get the clutch to work, bolt in the new seat and belts, battery box, toe, camber, figure out why my temp sensors don't work, tidy up the wiring in the engine bay and weld a quick release on.

Other than that, I need to road test to ensure that the car moves under it's own power.

Crap.

Oh, that's all? Sounds like you have it well under control.

Should I be planning an impromptu  "quick" trip to Chi town to help? smile

Nah.  I took the week before the race off.  smile  That said, we might be "adjusting" a few things at the track on Friday.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Brett85p wrote:

Decide how to get it full of water now that the radiator is lower that the engine.

that one's easy: just put the full line of the overflow bottle higher than than the head!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Decide how to get it full of water now that the radiator is lower that the engine.

that one's easy: just put the full line of the overflow bottle higher than than the head!

So I'm looking for an overflow bottle that is not very deep.....any suggestions?

Why is it not already the 23rd!

OnkelUdo wrote:

Because I have 18 things left to do on my list

Brett85p wrote:
derekste wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

So I'm looking for an overflow bottle that is not very deep.....any suggestions?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/73/0b/03730bce2549c95e592392dd0944a48a.jpg

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Make that 17 things left to do thanks yukadas

Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Had you built an orphaned GM van from the 1990's based on a Chevy Citation platform...you would be done by now!

Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Ditto.  After my car moves under it's own power I'll allow the days to progress.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

If you started with a running car in original configuration and added a cage and kickass theme...you would be done by now!

FTFY

Brett85p wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

If you started with a running car in original configuration and added a cage and kickass theme...you would be done by now!

FTFY

Well, there is that as well.

Brett would be faster on these projects and have less things on the list, but you have to remember that he is from New Zealand and all projects must be done upside down to translate into his native "standing on the bottom of the planet" perspective.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

you hemispherist pig!

yukadas wrote:

Brett would be faster on these projects and have less things on the list, but you have to remember that he is from New Zealand and all projects must be done upside down to translate into his native "standing on the bottom of the planet" perspective.

At least it was summer in my mind for the past 4 months

Gingerman will help readjust that perspective for you Brett.  Despite being towards the end of April we'll probably be lucky to see 50F.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

And raining on Friday...

... Better than snow.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

50°F and rain for Gingerman in April? 

I'll take it!!

The Pentastar whisperer