Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

I will say it is a challenge to see around that van.  It seems gigantic compared to our car.  If we magically ever get in the race lead I encourage you and the other van to race side by side as an enormous rolling road block.  smile

OnkelUdo wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

We hope to be the passer more than the passee at this point.  Being a class C car in this type of race with this number of cars would be hard work.

Yeah, we will probably be seeing you once every 6-8 laps in the Dustbuster.  Ours is a two vehicle race within a race...we only wish to beat the other plastic minivan.

Maybe we should install one of these:

http://images.gizmag.com/gallery_lrg/samsung-transparent-truck.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/samsung-safety-tr … ens/38122/

If you can hook that VCR camera directly up to the old Cabinet TV and mount the TV in the back for all to see then everyone will be happy.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Anybody else in for a self organized Turbo Cup at this race?

How many other boosted cars will there be?

It woulda been nice to have a TV to watch last year during the changeover.   That was boooooring!

I say you install it with a VCR and play 1980's and 1990's TV sitcom reruns to watch from the back. smile

Brett85p wrote:

If you can hook that VCR camera directly up to the old Cabinet TV and mount the TV in the back for all to see then everyone will be happy.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Dave wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

We hope to be the passer more than the passee at this point.  Being a class C car in this type of race with this number of cars would be hard work.

Yeah, we will probably be seeing you once every 6-8 laps in the Dustbuster.  Ours is a two vehicle race within a race...we only wish to beat the other plastic minivan.

You will lose. wink

I will bet you case of Schlitz...we do not

Of course, then I have to dispose of a case of Schlitz.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

You will lose. wink

Ok your on, I don't drink so when we win I'll take a case of Monsters, in the white can, you know, for the drive home. smile

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:

You will lose. wink

Ok your on, I don't drink so when we win I'll take a case of Monsters, in the white can, you know, for the drive home. smile

Even if you did drink I wouldn't suggest drinking the case of Schlitz.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
Dave wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Hence the bet...now I have to find the worst SE Asian equivalent of Monster to supply in the extreme unlikely event that the superior Trans Sport loses to the pretender.  In Iraq we had "Tiger" energy drinks that even the Marines were a bit leery of.  It appears to not be for sale in the US currently...

http://www.amazon.com/Wild-Tiger-Energy … B009M6W5UQ

long time lurker but I finally had to register for this did you see the white cans for sale at the bottom of that link lmao ask and you shall receive

"Remember if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy"--Red Green

People who bought the white can apparently are also likely to buy the book "Wargasm"....  lol.  Love the Recommended suggestions

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

311 (edited by majo 2015-07-08 02:53 PM)

BoB wrote:
Dave wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

I brought a case of Schlitz pounders to Road America in '13, and came home with 18 of them!

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Schlitz isn't that bad, its still better than Blatz

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Everyone's Midwestern beer hierarchy is a little different, but here's mine:

Old Style > Pabst > Old Milwaukee > Schlitz > Hamm's > Stroh's > Blatz

I'm forgetting some in there, but Blatz definitely tastes just like it's named. I can live with Schlitz and Hamm's, mostly because most of the college bars I went to had $1 cans so you develop a knack for it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

OnkelUdo wrote:
BoB wrote:
Dave wrote:

Hence the bet...now I have to find the worst SE Asian equivalent of Monster to supply in the extreme unlikely event that the superior Trans Sport loses to the pretender.  In Iraq we had "Tiger" energy drinks that even the Marines were a bit leery of.  It appears to not be for sale in the US currently...

I'll drink your Schlitz if we beat you. No problem!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cdickman12 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
BoB wrote:

Let the great plastic minivan battle of 2015 BEGIN!

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

It woulda been nice to have a TV to watch last year during the changeover.   That was boooooring!

I say you install it with a VCR and play 1980's and 1990's TV sitcom reruns to watch from the back. smile

Brett85p wrote:

But then we would have nothing to watch in the paddock.

If we did mount it in the Rear I think it would have to play non-stop "Alf" so it would annoy any tailgaters enough they would be forced to pass or go insane.

OnkelUdo wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Brett85p wrote:

But then we would have nothing to watch in the paddock.

If we did mount it in the Rear I think it would have to play non-stop "Alf" so it would annoy any tailgaters enough they would be forced to pass or go insane.

He made a joke about eating a cat!  Alf is truly a king of comedy.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I just realized 2 weeks left, OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!

It Ain't My Fault

319 (edited by heywood220 2015-07-09 02:37 PM)

therood wrote:

Everyone's Midwestern beer hierarchy is a little different, but here's mine:

Old Style > Pabst > Old Milwaukee > Schlitz > Hamm's > Stroh's > Blatz

I'm forgetting some in there, but Blatz definitely tastes just like it's named. I can live with Schlitz and Hamm's, mostly because most of the college bars I went to had $1 cans so you develop a knack for it.

I lived next to a liquor store in college and it was $9 for a case of Blatz, and you got $2.50 back when you returned the bottles.  That said your list is pretty accurate.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Dave wrote:

I just realized 2 weeks left, OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP! OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!

Uh OH, Oh CRAP, OH CRAP! I am sure you will pull this together.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Let the great plastic minivan battle of 2015 BEGIN!

It's on!

if it's dry: everyone will pass us.
if it is wet: we will pass everyone.

regadless of passing opportunity: soggy with a 100% chance of making it rain bacon.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

We are prepared for LUDICROUS speed!   The Mercedes 2001 SEL is ready to race.  Now I just need my helmet.

Friday practice day question:
Are we allowed to have a passenger (instructor) in a properly mounted seat w/ race harness?

I did call the track and talked to a friendly lady, but she did not know for sure one way or another. She connected me to the operations voicemail, but they haven't called back.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Friday practice day question:
Are we allowed to have a passenger (instructor) in a properly mounted seat w/ race harness?

I did call the track and talked to a friendly lady, but she did not know for sure one way or another. She connected me to the operations voicemail, but they haven't called back.

In the past they have allowed it as long as the had the T&T wrist band.  No guarantees of course.