326 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-07-13 11:59 AM)

Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

Just did our sign-up.  Anyone find it weird that the Blimp on the sign up page when it rolled during test and tune last year?

But it rolled during the race, not the practice so its fine.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Think this year there needs to be a betting pool on when the first wheel parts ways with its car.  I would take the "transponder laps" slot.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Think this year there needs to be a betting pool on when the first wheel parts ways with its car.  I would take the "transponder laps" slot.

The Lemons preview might have some betting lines.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

OnkelUdo wrote:

Just did our sign-up.  Anyone find it weird that the Blimp on the sign up page when it rolled during test and tune last year?

technically, a zeppelin.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

331 (edited by TeamLemon-aid 2015-07-13 01:48 PM)

Eric, Spill it.... How many cars?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

332 (edited by therood 2015-07-13 01:49 PM)

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Don't know yet. I've heard 6,000, but I've also been smoking crystal meth for three days straight.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Im guessing 118....

therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Don't know yet.

Also for rent for you teams that blow up on the way  to the track, during test and tune or fail tech so bad you cannot possible fix the car in time.

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 65#p278465

When we offered this in the past the judges indicated such a substitution was possible but required running a personal rickshaw service for the judges all weekend...or I might have made the last part up and it has more to do with giving them a valid reason.

I will even bring the moderately ineffective, but never offensive, light bar.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Im guessing 118....

therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Don't know yet.

It's showing full up on jays last email. Come on man break us off some math.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

TSOG

I need bacon - can you call me at eight 4 seven five oh 3 six 8 foru 7 with a quote for 20 to 30 lbs?

Thorsten

tSoG wrote:

le mopar returns! we even have an engine/transmission that might not explode at the first sign of provocation. I do wonder though... how strict is the "thursday night entrance is for 'testing day' only" rule?

doing /lots/ of bacon. currently have over 180lbs of bacon in my possession. will be taking preorders on slabs and ordering moar bacon if need be. please let me know how much bacon you want 4-50lbs and I'll get you a price.

anyone willing to share paddock space, I've got bacon, a 3kw honda generator (quiet), and a millermatic welder.

tbelicke wrote:

TSOG

I need bacon - can you call me at eight 4 seven five oh 3 six 8 foru 7 with a quote for 20 to 30 lbs?

Thorsten

4-6 slabs is approx 160-240. will throw in a bag of cheddabest if you want.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

Please tell me someone is bringing cheese curds to this race. A delicacy that just can't be found out west.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Calm down.  Dont get excited.  Joliet is still in the cheese curd belt.  Albeit in the lower reaches, but safely within the confines of the curd belt.  Available from a local eatery.

On another note for us southerners Joliet is well above the chocolate line for DQ soft serve ice cream.  Something us southerners can only dream of...  two flavors of soft serve... awesome...

Bill
Chairman Entertainment Committee - Wine O Racing, Pussy Wagon Racing, E-Wreck-Tile Dysfunction Racing
Co-Builder of the world's winningest Toyota Solara SVE

cdickman12 wrote:

Please tell me someone is bringing cheese curds to this race. A delicacy that just can't be found out west.

The Team Sucker Punch guys usually deposit a(n un)healthy amount of cheese curds in the Penalty Box. Come see Phil and I during the race.

Eric Rood
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Profromdover wrote:

Calm down.  Dont get excited.  Joliet is still in the cheese curd belt.  Albeit in the lower reaches, but safely within the confines of the curd belt.  Available from a local eatery.

On another note for us southerners Joliet is well above the chocolate line for DQ soft serve ice cream.  Something us southerners can only dream of...  two flavors of soft serve... awesome...

But no one gets chocolate, or vanilla soft serve, everyone orders a twist so you get both, and where available you get it dipped so you have a hard coating of chocolate over it.

No cheese curds, no multiple flavors of soft serve, how do you people survive in such uncivilized places.

Facebook Page

If it wasn't for beef, whiskey, and air conditioning we'd have nuthin'...

Bill
Chairman Entertainment Committee - Wine O Racing, Pussy Wagon Racing, E-Wreck-Tile Dysfunction Racing

343 (edited by Profromdover 2015-07-15 07:43 PM)

Well, here is a shoutout to Chris at BFE asking about Vince and wondering if he's still in the map business.  Luckily, I was able to get hold of Vince in the usual manner.  Dozens of emails, several letters, smoke signals.  The normal stuff.  Vince is so far off the grid the roadsigns by his place say "resume safe speed" if you know what I mean. 
Vince just likes to stay under the radar.  In fact he's been incommunicado because he's back at it again.  That's right, burying used school buses.  Apparently those mopes over there figuring out the whole Iran/nuclear bomb thing are worrying Vince.  I told Vince, "hey, what could possibly go wrong?  We have our best people on it."  You can imagine how that went over.  Yeah, he bought another backhoe. 
Ol' Vince has a pretty big dig going on.  He calls it Vinceworld.  He figures that he can bury himself down there, procreate, and keep the species viable.  I don't think he's spent any time on the whole procreation part of the formula. Trust me, you haven't seen Vince in person. Not much of a catch...
Anyway he was able to eke out this beauty in between runs to town for diesel and propane.  This should clear things up for anyone navigating the track at Joliet the first time.  Cheers.
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae271/profromdover_album/Autobahn%2014_zpsyygifwkj.jpg

Bill

FYI...Food and Not sure what this is should be flopped.  I think the NSA has nothing on him.

therood wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

The Team Sucker Punch guys usually deposit a(n un)healthy amount of cheese curds in the Penalty Box. Come see Phil and I during the race.

Done! Fried dill pickles available anywhere?

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

OnkelUdo wrote:

FYI...Food and Not sure what this is should be flopped.  I think the NSA has nothing on him.

No, he has that right. The "not sure" part is behind the big club house we're not allowed in by the North/South track crossover, and the food is by the round abound.
Also, isn't the "future NSA and brain melding lab" actually a cemetery?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

No, he has that right. The "not sure" part is behind the big club house we're not allowed in by the North/South track crossover, and the food is by the round abound.

Exactly what they want you to think...

Bill

The Geo...Lemons...24 hours...The Echo...Is F'n awesome. 

http://youtu.be/B54EccjiWgs

Profromdover wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Exactly what they want you to think...

The cemetery is just outside the area he is showing.  It should be noted and an area marked so people are aware where they need to look out for ghosts.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

No cheese curds, no multiple flavors of soft serve, how do you people survive in such uncivilized places.

The lack of a serious winter most years covers a lot of other deficiencies.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.