376 (edited by Brett85p 2015-07-19 06:35 PM)

Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Ok... We have a ton of partly used tires.  Direzza Star Spec 205/50-15s.  If there is any interest we can bring to the track this weekend.   Most tires are about 20-50% left, some have more life than that.  We typically ask only $20 per tire that we donate to the charity (Wildwood Hills Ranch).   Ask Brett or other teams at Gingerman if what we bring is junk.  smile

All the tires that I used from Lemon-aid had at least a day on them  for a light weight rwd car like ours. I changed four over for new yesterday and at least two are still too good to throw away.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

We packed up 4 extra.  If someone needs a tire or 4 come see us.  smile If you don't need a tire stop by for a beer... Oh wait....  hmm   Stop by to say hi?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

The Hong Norrth Express was loaded With the Supra Saturday. Pulling out of Atlanta 5am Thursday. Can't wait to spend the weekend with the Lemons gang!

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

Tiptoe the rat wrote:
therood wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Please tell me someone is bringing cheese curds to this race. A delicacy that just can't be found out west.

The Team Sucker Punch guys usually deposit a(n un)healthy amount of cheese curds in the Penalty Box. Come see Phil and I during the race.

Team sucker punch won't be there...but...I'll be there...so I can get you guys some curds!  ;-)

Tip Toe - how do I find you?

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Searched to no avail..
Who will be our honorable judges at Joliet this time?
Anybody know of preferred bribes (or Brides)?

People with lousy, non-existent themes want to know.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:
Mulry wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Two questions:

So who is going to make the call to Autobahn Country Club and find out when they are letting us in.

Anyone seen/heard anything about the Test and Tune yet?

Direct from the track general manager: "We let people who are going to be part of the test and tune on Friday in the gates on Thursday after 5 pm.  "

Mulry speaketh the truth.

I called and spoke to the track manager last week. He said that there is a private event on Thursday and the plebes would be allowed in after 8pm Thursday night. I didn't mention that we're not on the test and tune list, but I can't imagine why they would exclude we goobs.

Project 909

I'll be at the gate at 5:00.  They can let me sit outside with my redneck camper, or they can let me in to hide in the paddock.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

I'll be at the gate at 5:00.  They can let me sit outside with my redneck camper, or they can let me in to hide in the paddock.

Alternatively, since you are passing within 1/2 mile of me in Hammond, just stop in for a relaxed bathroom break, a bite to eat and a cold beverage then get there are 6:30'ish.

384 (edited by cabinboy 2015-07-20 10:16 AM)

FJ40Jim wrote:

Searched to no avail..
Who will be our honorable judges at Joliet this time?
Anybody know of preferred bribes (or Brides)?

People with lousy, non-existent themes want to know.

Judge Phil, Eric Rood, Steven McDaniel and Marc LaBranche last I heard.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Nice.  Curious, do the judges go to bed?  Do they take shifts?

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Not going to lie, I didn't see the 'f' in 'shifts' at first, and still didn't read it as any other question out of the ordinary.  This place has changed me, and not sure for the better.

The Pentastar whisperer

Ha... I suppose shifts without the "f" would be a legitimate question on this forum.  big_smile

Bayley wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Not going to lie, I didn't see the 'f' in 'shifts' at first, and still didn't read it as any other question out of the ordinary.  This place has changed me, and not sure for the better.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Judicial power is all-encompassing. That is all ye know in Lemons and all ye need to know.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

389 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-07-20 03:30 PM)

cabinboy wrote:

Judge Phil, Eric Rood, Steven McDaniel and Marc LaBranche last I heard.

Since Steve is driving for us, hope he is not also judging although he will have plenty or time to do so.

Who is "ye"?  Are we "ye"?  Are you "ye"?   Maybe we're all "ye"?

I suspect you are telling "ye" that judges are all powerful and "ye" doesn't need to know whether the judges can sleep or not. smile

So, do you know if you are allowed to sleep?  big_smile

therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Judicial power is all-encompassing. That is all ye know in Lemons and all ye need to know.

therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Is it too early to ask where our preview is?  Thou hast an obligation.

That is more a wed/thurs thing

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

cdickman12 wrote:
Tiptoe the rat wrote:
therood wrote:

The Team Sucker Punch guys usually deposit a(n un)healthy amount of cheese curds in the Penalty Box. Come see Phil and I during the race.

Team sucker punch won't be there...but...I'll be there...so I can get you guys some curds!  ;-)

Tip Toe - how do I find you?

Big guy with a blue race suit and a black cowboy hat...Orange VW golf number 37

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

OnkelUdo wrote:
therood wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Is it too early to ask where our preview is?  Thou hast an obligation.

I'm not positive of the rotation, but there will be five people circulating with probably two in the Sin Bin at all times. The fifth? Yeah, that's going to be Jay from my understanding. You definitely don't want to have to talk to Jay in the middle of a long-ass race.

As for the preview, there's a special guest (ghost?) writer who says he'll have his part of it tomorrow afternoon. That leaves for Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how slowly I get around to my part of it.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

BoB wrote:

That is more a wed/thurs thing

You think that helps my impatience?

So,

Has a classic teen-movie-cafeteria-layout been established for the paddock, yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ_qXmxdgGM

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

therood wrote:

The fifth? Yeah, that's going to be Jay from my understanding. You definitely don't want to have to talk to Jay in the middle of a long-ass race.

It's not THAT scary...

...okay, it is a little scary.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

Anyone know if the corner stations will have a more-visible way of signaling cautions at night?

It was pretty bad last year in the 14 hour, their tiny little yellow pen lights were hard to pick up.

You should see him after 6 cars drive out of pit lane into the paddock with a Red Flag on track so they could pit.  We were one of those teams.  In all of our defense, we had all pulled into the pit under double yellow and then the red flag was thrown everywhere.  Unfortunately the drivers couldn't see the red flag at start finish because it was above them and no track personnel told them to stop. 

Do you think that explanation mattered?  big_smile

We really like Jay and would like to think he likes us, but Jay looked like he was going to kill all of us.  Don't piss him off. 

LowFlyin wrote:
therood wrote:

The fifth? Yeah, that's going to be Jay from my understanding. You definitely don't want to have to talk to Jay in the middle of a long-ass race.

It's not THAT scary...

...okay, it is a little scary.

does anyone wanna go halvsies on an inflatable hottub?

alternatively,  we can fill it with icewater and use it to cool off

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.