76 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-05-01 06:20 AM)

Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

majo wrote:

Star Wars & intoxication?  Either way, I'll be there!  I need to do some theme research......

Our theme is not Star Wars...the Star Wars tapes are a bonus.  Our theme is a slightly different space movie.

I think those are the bastardized redone versions.  I should have the non molested versions somewhere along with the greatest star wars travesty every created(the Star Wars Christmas Special) on vhs I can bring.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

the greatest star wars travesty every created(the Star Wars Christmas Special) on vhs I can bring.

I am sorry, that is greatest inside joke every created.  I have no clue which tripping bastard came up with it but they must have been pretty clever to get it approved, filmed and released without some cooler head catching on.

I have not watched it since it originally came out so PLEASE do find it and bring it.

79 (edited by BoB 2015-05-01 07:29 AM)

I always assumed a big money grab is how it got made.  What confused me easy it is to get bootleg copies of something shown only once in 1978.  It does have a musical number by Bea Arthur though.

Facebook Page

It also has like a 5 min segment of wookies just talking to each-other.

Money grab or not, drugs were defiantly in play.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

81 (edited by BoB 2015-05-12 02:51 PM)

So the email reminder was sent out today and says it will be multiple track layouts again.  So is it south for then full until checkered?  or south full  south, or south full north so we get to race on all 3 configurations.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

So the email reminder was sent out today and says it will be multiple track layouts again.  So is it south for then full until checkered?  or south full  south, or south full north so we get to race on all 3 configurations.

Yes.  All of these.  We will be changing hourly or at Jay's whim.  I suspect they will make a special figure-8 flag for it and if the 8 is right side up we go clockwise and if it upside down counter clockwise.  It the eight is on its side it is free-skate, everybody skates.

83 (edited by Bayley 2015-05-12 11:05 AM)

I heard a rumor that late night EFI to carb converted cars will be allowed to cross over at the normal south loop turn, thus giving them a distinct advantage by not running the north loop.

The Pentastar whisperer

Bayley wrote:

I heard a rumor that late night EFI to carb converted cars will be allowed to cross over at the normal south loop turn, thus giving them a distinct advantage by not running the north loop.

I heard that this rumor only counts if said car is still running.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Bayley wrote:

I hear it won't matter anyway and they will only manage like 12 miserable laps.

Jesus, you guys are brutal.

Just brutal.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMI15/Gingerman-489-DSC_8779.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

87 (edited by BoB 2015-05-12 11:54 AM)

I look forward to the 1 hour race on tricylces on the go cart track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apb5dwT9ebI

Facebook Page

therood wrote:

Jesus, you guys are brutal.

Just brutal.

We didn't post an actual picture.....sheesh.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Since the race is from 10:00 to 10:00 do you really think they'll make us swap back from the full course to the south (or north) course to finish the race?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

Since the race is from 10:00 to 10:00 do you really think they'll make us swap back from the full course to the south (or north) course to finish the race?

Logically, they'd let us finish on the full course, but the Members get what the Members want.

As for using the North Course, if the field is as big as I think it will end up being, the track might be a bit crowded. Then again, there would probably a lot of hella-blowed-up cars by the time that switch would happen.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

the Members get what the Members want.

If I wear my Members Only jacket from our Goonies theme, does that count?

92 (edited by FJ40Jim 2015-05-12 04:01 PM)

It looks like the event page on the 24HL site is the goobered up text from a previous race.

To wit:
"Pit Vehicle restrictions: Except for street vehicles coming to or leaving the facility, no motorized vehicles may be used on track property from one hour after the checker/on track running until sunrise."

And...

"From Dusk until dawn, (checkered flag in this case) all cars must have at least two working headlights"

Knowing that the above text is.... questionable, how sure are we that the race will be stopped and track configuration changed?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Knowing that the above text is.... questionable, how sure are we that the race will be stopped and track configuration changed?

A) They did not stop the race last time...it was kind of a cool process of keeping us rotating while they reconfigured.

B) The quote from Jay's email pretty much says it all:

"Going sleepless in Chicago on multiple track layouts will draw lots of hopefuls, so don't miss that due date!"

Besides, they "tested" the re-configuration process last year in hopes they could do it again this year is everyone's assumption.

I was in the car during the changeover last year.  That sucked!!!!

I vote for 24 hours of full track... Members can suck it!!!! (I have team members that are members... Like I said... They can suck it!!!)

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Still looking for a ride from one of the Chicago airports. Procrastinating on the plane ticket. Arriving Thursday night hopefully. Will split the rental car fees and such. Let me know if you can help or I can help you.

Corey

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cdickman12 wrote:

Still looking for a ride from one of the Chicago airports. Procrastinating on the plane ticket. Arriving Thursday night hopefully. Will split the rental car fees and such. Let me know if you can help or I can help you.

Corey

Save rental car fee just cab it it or split a limo ride .It's like 40 or 50 bucks .Then find a ride back to airport while at the track .

The fifth Element Porsche 924

97 (edited by Dave 2015-05-13 08:26 AM)

Cobra rep wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Corey

Save rental car fee just cab it it or split a limo ride .It's like 40 or 50 bucks .Then find a ride back to airport while at the track .

Cory, you can always catch a flight to PGH Thursday and I can pick you up & give you a place to crash, or very early Friday morning and we can pick you up on the way. I guarantee you will have a good time.

It Ain't My Fault

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

I was in the car during the changeover last year.  That sucked!!!!

I vote for 24 hours of full track... Members can suck it!!!! (I have team members that are members... Like I said... They can suck it!!!)

Agree!
It took way longer than I expected last year, I figured that they would have had the corner workers already set up and just removed the barriers.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

cdickman12 wrote:

Corey

Get your flight booked so we at least know which airport and about what time.  If it is Midway, I might be able to pick you up after staking out our paddock space Thursday afternoon.  I would bring you back to my place.  The Product Design Saturn guys from Detroit are crashing at my place Thursday night unless something changes so there might be food and beverages.

If all else fails the CoachUSA shuttle to Highland Indiana takes about an hour from Midway and I think 75 minutes from O'Hare and it is only 5 minutes from my place.

Either way, the track is about 40 minutes from my house and I plan to be there relatively early Friday to herd the cats (make sure my team does the test and tune in an orderly manner) but I can leave you my truck to get out to the track if you are not an early riser.

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Corey

Get your flight booked so we at least know which airport and about what time.  If it is Midway, I might be able to pick you up after staking out our paddock space Thursday afternoon.  I would bring you back to my place.  The Product Design Saturn guys from Detroit are crashing at my place Thursday night unless something changes so there might be food and beverages.

If all else fails the CoachUSA shuttle to Highland Indiana takes about an hour from Midway and I think 75 minutes from O'Hare and it is only 5 minutes from my place.

Either way, the track is about 40 minutes from my house and I plan to be there relatively early Friday to herd the cats (make sure my team does the test and tune in an orderly manner) but I can leave you my truck to get out to the track if you are not an early riser.

If you're flying into O'Hare I can give you a lift. I live between the airport and the racetrack so shuffling around is no problem. I'm not even sure I have a ride for this race but I won't miss it.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat