151 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-05-28 05:34 AM)

Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

Dave wrote:

There can be only one............

No,really, there will be at least two.  We will not even let you blow up on Test and tune because we come armed with a full 1995 subframe including everything to get your blowed-up POS U-Van back on the track,

Maverick74 wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about black flag rules?  If the team black flag count resets every day at a normal split race, does that mean we don't get a reset during this race because it's continuous?

From what I recall from previous 24 hour races, black flags get reset every 12 hours or something.

At the MSR 24-hour in 2013, the flags reset every 8 hours.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:

There can be only one............

No,really, there will be at least two.  We will not even let you blow up on Test and tune because we come armed with a full 1995 subframe including everything to get your blowed-up POS U-Van back on the track,

I don't do the test thingie, my testing will take place on the drive there and I will also be bringing an extra engine as well. Did you ever get your race brakes? When are you planning on arriving? I think we should pit next to each other, that way when parts fall off we can steal each other's spares. LOL

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:

I don't do the test thingie, my testing will take place on the drive there and I will also be bringing an extra engine as well. Did you ever get your race brakes? When are you planning on arriving? I think we should pit next to each other, that way when parts fall off we can steal each other's spares. LOL

We got one set of XP8's but they forgot to send the spare fronts.

We are trying to get there Thursday early enough to stake out 2-3 paddocks spaces for our usual suspects but if we can manage 4, we will.  Look for the paddock sectional sofa made of spare chairs from the U-vans and the console TV.

FYI, our spare is from a 1995 like our van so it has a wonderful mish-mash of ODB1.5, some Series II parts on Series I motor and metric crap-ton of janky rust holes...I love GM.

We have been officially accepted.

It Ain't My Fault

Us too. 

Chicken=Counted.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

I'm curious if anyone was wait-listed.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

I did not really have any doubts, but the dominating GM u-body was also accepted.

We've unfortunately been accepted as well.

The Pentastar whisperer

Accepted! Just need to get the car ready.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:

Need a little suspension work?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We're in too. Guess I have to get the car running again now.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

cabinboy wrote:
Brett85p wrote:

Need a little suspension work?

And a little exhaust and diff and brake ducting and general maintenance

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I have little chickens running everywhere why would any of us do this.

Also not sure why I was worried about it but the Cutlass ciera has been accepted.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Accepted, now to get a new motor installed and find a driver or two.  I thought it would be easy to get East Coast guys out to try Giordono's

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Product Design is in.  Representing the OEM crowd.

#124 Product Design Saturn SL2

Accepted.

Damn it.   Now I gotta replace a steering rack and a clutch.

Sigh......

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

F.A.C.E. Racing is in with the new and improved PorsChevy.   See you all in a couple months

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Still looking for a ride from one of the Chicago airports. Procrastinating on the plane ticket. Arriving Thursday night hopefully. Will split the rental car fees and such. Let me know if you can help or I can help you.

Corey

Get your flight booked so we at least know which airport and about what time.  If it is Midway, I might be able to pick you up after staking out our paddock space Thursday afternoon.  I would bring you back to my place.  The Product Design Saturn guys from Detroit are crashing at my place Thursday night unless something changes so there might be food and beverages.

If all else fails the CoachUSA shuttle to Highland Indiana takes about an hour from Midway and I think 75 minutes from O'Hare and it is only 5 minutes from my place.

Either way, the track is about 40 minutes from my house and I plan to be there relatively early Friday to herd the cats (make sure my team does the test and tune in an orderly manner) but I can leave you my truck to get out to the track if you are not an early riser.

Here is my flight info:

Arriving on Southwest flight 1406 Midway at 4:00PM Thursday 7/23

Leaving on Southwest flight 4618 Midway at 6:55AM Monday 7/27

Willing to stay at the track on Thursday and guard your rig/drink some beer with the early arrivers - Steve McDaniels can vouch for me
If anyone can help where I can catch a shower and a couch Sunday night that is close enough to take a taxi back Monday that would be excellent.
Will have a hotel Friday night to ensure I get a good night sleep before the "race", can put someone up in it in exchange for transportation help.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Apparently we've been accepted... What's the biggest cool shirt cooler anyone has seen?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

cdickman12 wrote:

Here is my flight info:

Arriving on Southwest flight 1406 Midway at 4:00PM Thursday 7/23

Leaving on Southwest flight 4618 Midway at 6:55AM Monday 7/27

Willing to stay at the track on Thursday and guard your rig/drink some beer with the early arrivers - Steve McDaniels can vouch for me
If anyone can help where I can catch a shower and a couch Sunday night that is close enough to take a taxi back Monday that would be excellent.
Will have a hotel Friday night to ensure I get a good night sleep before the "race", can put someone up in it in exchange for transportation help.

4 PM makes it a little difficult for me as I will be in line at the track to stake our claim to 3 paddock spaces.  This is assuming the normal "gates open" time of 5 PM.  That said, as soon as our paddock is secure...I could swing up there and either head back to my place or drop you at the track (I have at least one other team crashing at my house Thursday night).

If we do our normal process I likely have a berth in an RV for Thursday night.  I can loan you my pickup for the weekend if you want it to get to and from the track Friday night/Saturday morning.

For your return, you are welcome to crash at my place and I can have you on the 4:20 AM bus to Midway which gets you there at 5:30 AM.  Other better offers are likely but I figured I would put it out there.

Two questions:

So who is going to make the call to Autobahn Country Club and find out when they are letting us in.

Anyone seen/heard anything about the Test and Tune yet?

We're in meow.

Looking for another driver if i can find one, will roll with 5 if not.

Can't wait!

wild bill wrote:

We're in meow.

Can't wait!

Turbocharged or NA this time?

OnkelUdo wrote:
wild bill wrote:

We're in meow.

Can't wait!

Turbocharged or NA this time?

In Boost We Trust

I don't own any n/a stuff anymore