Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

We were accepted this morning.  First time for anyone on my team to drive Autobahn.  Looking forward to a true 24 hour race!

Statically Indeterminate: #58 '95 Purple S-10 (Flyin' Purple People Eater)
2014: Gingerman x 2 | 2015: Gingerman, Autobahn (24 Hours!) | 2016 Gingerman (April) | 2017 Gingerman (April)

The ammenities are a bit nicer than gingerman, especially the bathrooms.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

Except for the lack of RV hookups.

rlchv70 wrote:
BoB wrote:

Not everyone uses rv hookups.  In a 24 hour race everyone will use the bathroom.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
rlchv70 wrote:
BoB wrote:

Not everyone uses rv hookups.  In a 24 hour race everyone will use the bathroom.

Except for the Stig

OnkelUdo wrote:

Two questions:

So who is going to make the call to Autobahn Country Club and find out when they are letting us in.

Anyone seen/heard anything about the Test and Tune yet?

Direct from the track general manager: "We let people who are going to be part of the test and tune on Friday in the gates on Thursday after 5 pm.  "

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

OnkelUdo wrote:

4 PM makes it a little difficult for me as I will be in line at the track to stake our claim to 3 paddock spaces.  This is assuming the normal "gates open" time of 5 PM.  That said, as soon as our paddock is secure...I could swing up there and either head back to my place or drop you at the track (I have at least one other team crashing at my house Thursday night).

If we do our normal process I likely have a berth in an RV for Thursday night.  I can loan you my pickup for the weekend if you want it to get to and from the track Friday night/Saturday morning.

For your return, you are welcome to crash at my place and I can have you on the 4:20 AM bus to Midway which gets you there at 5:30 AM.  Other better offers are likely but I figured I would put it out there.

I think we have everything everything sorted for our West Coast celeb racer but the trip from Midway to Joliet....can anyone help out a brother racer?  Let's show that Midwest hospitality!

OnkelUdo wrote:

I think we have everything everything sorted for our West Coast celeb racer but the trip from Midway to Joliet....can anyone help out a brother racer?  Let's show that Midwest hospitality!

"West Coast celeb racer"????

Corey?

I think they must have confused you with Anton.... smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

BigBird wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Corey?

Wait, not everyone from California is a movie star...mind blown!

So I am good now once I get to the track. Anyone else have flight plans arriving in Midway on Thursday that would want to split a limo/uber ride etc?

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Here is my flight info:

Arriving on Southwest flight 1406 Midway at 4:00PM Thursday 7/23

Leaving on Southwest flight 4618 Midway at 6:55AM Monday 7/27

Willing to stay at the track on Thursday and guard your rig/drink some beer with the early arrivers - Steve McDaniels can vouch for me
If anyone can help where I can catch a shower and a couch Sunday night that is close enough to take a taxi back Monday that would be excellent.
Will have a hotel Friday night to ensure I get a good night sleep before the "race", can put someone up in it in exchange for transportation help.

4 PM makes it a little difficult for me as I will be in line at the track to stake our claim to 3 paddock spaces.  This is assuming the normal "gates open" time of 5 PM.  That said, as soon as our paddock is secure...I could swing up there and either head back to my place or drop you at the track (I have at least one other team crashing at my house Thursday night).

If we do our normal process I likely have a berth in an RV for Thursday night.  I can loan you my pickup for the weekend if you want it to get to and from the track Friday night/Saturday morning.

For your return, you are welcome to crash at my place and I can have you on the 4:20 AM bus to Midway which gets you there at 5:30 AM.  Other better offers are likely but I figured I would put it out there.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

The Resistance is in.  We'll be hauling the '75 Civic ("Stacey's Mom") up from Austin.

We have 8 drivers.  We have one team already offer to let a guy sign up with them and need to find one more team with a spare slot. 

With a plethora of drivers, if anyone needs a shift or two filled, let us know.  We have 5 drivers with Class C goodness experience, 1 actual experienced guy who does vintage racing and 2 newbs.

Anyone else coming from Texas?

Billy
Field Marshal, The Resistance.

If you were flying into O'hare it would be super easy for me to pick you up. But I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway. If no one has better timing I'll pick you up and drop you off wherever you need to go. Cause that's how we do it in the Midwest.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

cabinboy wrote:

If you were flying into O'hare it would be super easy for me to pick you up. But I'll throw my hat in the ring anyway. If no one has better timing I'll pick you up and drop you off wherever you need to go. Cause that's how we do it in the Midwest.

Well done, cabinboy.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

189 (edited by Mulry 2015-06-03 09:12 AM)

75Civic wrote:

The Resistance is in.  We'll be hauling the '75 Civic ("Stacey's Mom") up from Austin.

We have 8 drivers.  We have one team already offer to let a guy sign up with them and need to find one more team with a spare slot. 

With a plethora of drivers, if anyone needs a shift or two filled, let us know.  We have 5 drivers with Class C goodness experience, 1 actual experienced guy who does vintage racing and 2 newbs.

Anyone else coming from Texas?

Billy
Field Marshal, The Resistance.

We're towing up from Dallas. Don't know if any of the other usual suspects is going up but I'd expect some other hardcore idiots like us will make the haul.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

The Hong Norrth "C"elebrity Supra is in and will be towing from Atlanta.

Has the course been confimed? Last I heard it was 24 hours of "South" Autobahn. I'm good with any track... just like to watch some video in advance to see which way to turn.

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

South course only

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Anyone know if we're having an additional "night" practice similar to last year for testing out the lighting setup?

The Pentastar whisperer

I'll be there with at least one of our entries (whichever one is actually running next week)
The 'do we really need to theme this?' AMC,
and/or
the 'fast when its running' NX.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Bayley wrote:

Anyone know if we're having an additional "night" practice similar to last year for testing out the lighting setup?

I thought practice really ended a little too early for the lighting to be tested last year.  Might be best to have some test so people can get OKed before the race to figure out if they need more, less, or a different setup.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
Bayley wrote:

I thought practice really ended a little too early for the lighting to be tested last year.  Might be best to have some test so people can get OKed before the race to figure out if they need more, less, or a different setup.

I thought last years race was the practise for testing lights and drivers for this years race.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
BoB wrote:
Bayley wrote:

I thought last years race was the practise for testing lights and drivers for this years race.

And I thought it was also a test of the change-over to full track from south track....as well as night racing without track lights.  The former was annoying but did the job and the later was not so great with flag stations illuminated but dying penlights.

Brett85p wrote:
BoB wrote:
Bayley wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure it was to figure out if racing at night was possible withough people getting killed before letting the members do it later in the year.

Facebook Page

BigBird wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Corey?

Can't happen. Nobody's made G-strings with my picture on them - yet.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

cabinboy wrote:

Thanks! I will continue to search for an easier on all parties travelling situation. But at least now I know I am covered.

OnkelUdo wrote:
BigBird wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Corey?

Wait, not everyone from California is a movie star...mind blown!

And I don't surf either.