Re: Counting your chickens early: Autobahn 24-hour race in July

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/cromec/E06765D6-320E-475B-8B73-7FB9F4518CFD_zpsmftp3waw.gif

BoB wrote:
Brett85p wrote:
BoB wrote:

I thought practice really ended a little too early for the lighting to be tested last year.  Might be best to have some test so people can get OKed before the race to figure out if they need more, less, or a different setup.

I thought last years race was the practise for testing lights and drivers for this years race.

Actually I'm pretty sure it was to figure out if racing at night was possible withough people getting killed before letting the members do it later in the year.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

75Civic wrote:

The Resistance is in.  We'll be hauling the '75 Civic ("Stacey's Mom") up from Austin.

We have 8 drivers.  We have one team already offer to let a guy sign up with them and need to find one more team with a spare slot. 

With a plethora of drivers, if anyone needs a shift or two filled, let us know.  We have 5 drivers with Class C goodness experience, 1 actual experienced guy who does vintage racing and 2 newbs.

Anyone else coming from Texas?

Billy
Field Marshal, The Resistance.

See this team's post. http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … p?id=30259

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

203 (edited by OnkelUdo 2015-06-04 06:38 AM)

cdickman12 wrote:

And I don't surf either.

Will you at least refer to me as "Braugh" (or however you spell it) and tell me the exact route you took to get to the airport?  Otherwise all my misconceptions and stereotypes will just be crushed beneath the jackboot of reality.

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

And I don't surf either.

Will you at least refer to me as "Braugh" (or however you spell it) and tell me the exact route you took to get to the airport?  Otherwise all my misconceptions and stereotypes will just be crush beneath the jackboot of reality.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/04-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Chicago-Inspections.jpg

Unfortunately my team has pulled out. Teo guys cant make it and im out of money. =[
Well be back later this season hopefully.

206 (edited by majo 2015-06-04 05:23 PM)

wild bill wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

And I don't surf either.

Will you at least refer to me as "Braugh" (or however you spell it) and tell me the exact route you took to get to the airport?  Otherwise all my misconceptions and stereotypes will just be crush beneath the jackboot of reality.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/04-24-Hours-of-LeMons-Chicago-Inspections.jpg

I'll be bringing that lovely stencil job to Autobahn!

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

OnkelUdo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

And I don't surf either.

Will you at least refer to me as "Braugh" (or however you spell it) and tell me the exact route you took to get to the airport?  Otherwise all my misconceptions and stereotypes will just be crushed beneath the jackboot of reality.

no problem dood

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Brett85p wrote:

Does anyone think they can do the full 24 on one set of tires and one set of brake pads?

Easily.

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

209 (edited by LowFlyin 2015-06-09 08:08 AM)

Maverick74 wrote:
chadadams59 wrote:

Has anyone heard anything about black flag rules?  If the team black flag count resets every day at a normal split race, does that mean we don't get a reset during this race because it's continuous?

From what I recall from previous 24 hour races, black flags get reset every 12 hours or something.

At ECR 2012, it was every 8.

2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

Mulry wrote:

We're towing up from Dallas. Don't know if any of the other usual suspects is going up but I'd expect some other hardcore idiots like us will make the haul.

OK-Speed and the Tape-R are going.  We'll be heading out Thursday.  You coming up I-35 or Hwy 75?

We plan on leaving Pittsburgh on Friday morning around 4:30-5:00, anybody traveling W76/80 around then that wants to caravan?

It Ain't My Fault

Well, i want to head out for the track 6 weeks from right now.

Time to start freaking out.

We have a bunch of things that need fixing since the last race.  So far we have accomplished zero of them.  Seems we're on schedule.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

We are looking pretty good except the fact we have tested exactly 0% of our improvements.  We start themeing this weekend for heavens sake.

Open invitation for any travelling but not bringing RV's with them.  My place is about 45 minutes from the track and I can put up as many sleeping bag toting ruffians as show up Thursday night in air conditioned splendor at my place.  Must REALLLLLLLY love dogs though as at current count I have 340#'s of them. 

House will be available Friday night as well but I will call you a pussy if you do not at least hang at the track to party Friday.  Dogs will be at the boarders by then (except our team Captain Wally who will be at the track) and I will be hanging at the track but I will warn the nosy neighbors and give you the door code.

Every time I fix something on this stupid Race Van I find 3 more things wrong. The thing is I have 3 cars ready to go that are a blast to drive. SMH

It Ain't My Fault

Dave wrote:

Every time I fix something on this stupid Race Van I find 3 more things wrong. The thing is I have 3 cars ready to go that are a blast to drive. SMH

Yeah, GM REALLY phoned it in on the U-bodies.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:

This things gonna be a rockstar! After Buttonwillow in the Rambler this will be a high performance automobile!

cdickman12 wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:

This things gonna be a rockstar! After Buttonwillow in the Rambler this will be a high performance automobile!

We enjoyed ours but stock suspensions was scary. We are hoping our suspension mods with the $499.72 residual will change this but I really doubt it will.

My favorite is how many failed wires wires, not connectors, just mid-harness that we have found.  That and the rust...oh the rust.

I have a 12 hour race on June 27th... then I start preparing for Autobahn.

Love working under pressure - NOT!

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

revvhappy wrote:

I have a 12 hour race on June 27th... then I start preparing for Autobahn.

Love working under pressure - NOT!

Are you running a 5mge?

If so I'll leave just enough turbo swap parts right by your pits to start you making some bad decision.

Yes, running a 193k mile 5MGE. I AM looking for some engine parts for a "spare" that I'm rebuilding. 85 oil pan and pump, metal coolant pipe that runs around the back of the engine, and a knock sensor.

Phil won't give us any room in a residual to add "go fast" parts  : (       

… turbo, eh?

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

So what are the track facilities like at Autobahn? Are there showers? Does it have a snack shack open during the afternoon or do we have to cart in our own food?

cdickman12 wrote:

So what are the track facilities like at Autobahn? Are there showers? Does it have a snack shack open during the afternoon or do we have to cart in our own food?

Autobahn has pretty nice facilities. There are showers in the main bathrooms by the tech shed, there might be another one in the north track bathrooms. And there's a food shack by the round-about.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

224 (edited by Brett85p 2015-06-13 03:18 PM)

Maverick74 wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Autobahn has pretty nice facilities. There are showers in the main bathrooms by the tech shed, there might be another one in the north track bathrooms. And there's a food shack by the round-about.

It's more like Sonoma less like Buttonwillow.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

revvhappy wrote:

Yes, running a 193k mile 5MGE. I AM looking for some engine parts for a "spare" that I'm rebuilding. 85 oil pan and pump, metal coolant pipe that runs around the back of the engine, and a knock sensor.

Phil won't give us any room in a residual to add "go fast" parts  : (       

… turbo, eh?

Well I have all 7M stuff... so i have an extra 7M coolant pipe i can bring, if it's the same you can have it. Maybe I have a knock sensor too, I'll look. I have an extra oil pump but the pickup will be in the wrong spot, mk3's have a mid sump.