Re: Pacific Northworst GP - The Ridge - Who's in?

ppressle wrote:

Did someone say cheaturz towing up from California?

Pete, I suspect that The Ridge is going to suit your car very, very well.

m610 wrote:

The Tinyvette has been accepted. Now I just have to work out certain details.

Mike, that's great news.  Our new car will blow the Tinyvette into the weeds probably be competitive with the Tinyvette and then things will begin breaking and probably won't stop breaking until we get it home.

Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

MacGyver Motorsports is heading up from Portland with our '85 Celica for our first "race" -  This car will totally dominate ANY skateboard or pedestrian! - If we ever get it back from the cage shop...

Driving like a girl for 33 years.

30 days to go, Jagvair is in and not running. Let me clarify: the team has been accepted, but the car has yet to move under its own power. Looking to get Portland teams together for a pre-race party, Grand Central Bowl, the 27th or 28th, post, email or contact me (5037181718) if you are interested.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

30 days is a LIFETIME in the life of a typical Lemons build. Our new build is in the same boat, we have been working so hard on the theme, we haven't bothered making a wiring harness yet... or brakes, or an engine.
I did put new synchros in the trans, which is under the bench, so really, we are practically ready.

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

swindrum wrote:

I did put new synchros in the trans, which is under the bench, so really, we are practically ready.

New syncros. CHEATURZ!

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix

CPT_Trans_Continental wrote:

30 days to go, Jagvair is in and not running. Let me clarify: the team has been accepted, but the car has yet to move under its own power.

Same for us.  We've got our To Do list down to about 65 items though, so we are on schedule to show up at the track with a car that won't start.  Right now we would be happy to put fluids in the car (water, oil, and gas) and not have them pour straight onto the floor.

Van

stimpyvan wrote:

Right now we would be happy to put fluids in the car (water, oil, and gas) and not have them pour straight onto the floor.

Have you considered first pushing the car outside?

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Team FFLAT will bring last year's IOE winning Peugeot 505 back for another round of fun.  Looking forward to some more great class C action!

stimpyvan wrote:

Same for us.  We've got our To Do list down to about 65 items though, so we are on schedule to show up at the track with a car that won't start.  Right now we would be happy to put fluids in the car (water, oil, and gas) and not have them pour straight on the flooooooooor.

Van

FTFY Thanks My Summer Car

It goes...on dee flore.

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

30 days to go, Jagvair is in and not running. Let me clarify: the team has been accepted, but the car has yet to move under its own power.

Sounds familiar...

37 (edited by wowweedofwa 2015-06-23 11:03 AM)

W.O.W. Weed will be there with Chronic the Hemphog..(don't have to wait until July 1 in WA state:-) ...Sonic's younger and oh so much cooler cousin! She runs but for how long is anyone's guess??? This will be our first race and to say we are rookies is a major understatement but we will be having carloads of fun and that is a given:-) We could use another happy driver (male or female) if there is anyone that just wants to drive a bit! Very low key with us...just happy to be involved really.

Would be most interested in a Portland area get together as we are in the Gorge.

38 (edited by swindrum 2015-06-23 09:02 AM)

Just got word from Seattle that the Silversleeves Landcrab is having it's rear suspension dismantled as we speak... So you know, that's awesome. The best thing you can do for 45 year old hydrolastic suspension is take it apart with less than 3 weeks til race day.... smile
Theme is almost done on the "Mini", so we can get down to building the engine and wiring soon.
Yep, right on schedule.

Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

Jagvair drove 4/10 of a mile. Good enough. Load it on the trailer.

Jagvair drove 4/10 of a mile. Good enough. Load it on the trailer.

There's still more then two weeks before the race, plenty of time to add turbos.

B-Team "Just Plain Stupid" (Chotus) is towing up from Los Angeles.

http://churchofbk.com/bteam/pic/IMG_1364.JPG

It will be our first time out of CA since Phoenix - which was, I think, 2011?

Looking forward to it! 

We fixed some things, so... you know... DOMINATE and all that.

BTeam Racing
#72 "Pussy Wagën" E30
#74 "Llama" Lotus Elite, aka Chotus
http://www.facebook.com/bteamracing | http://chotus.org

^ That is wonderful! Jodi the Celica is as good as she's going to get this time out. Theme'n and waiting for something to break... Excited for our 1st "race".

Driving like a girl for 33 years.

Getting close to race time! Looks like it should cool off a little by next weekend.  Still going to be hot though!  I'm getting excited for our first race!

We head south on Wednesday next week from Victoria, Via Seattle. Where we install the untested engine... Right on schedule.

swindrum wrote:

We head south on Wednesday next week from Victoria, Via Seattle. Where we install the untested engine... Right on schedule.

We are going to try to start our car for the first time today.  Or maybe tomorrow.  Fully expecting a puddle of gas/water/oil under the car.  If it runs at all, that is.

stimpyvan wrote:
swindrum wrote:

We are going to try to start our car for the first time today.  Or maybe tomorrow.  Fully expecting a puddle of gas/water/oil under the car.  If it runs at all, that is.

I hope you have a fire extinguisher handy..

Hey, anybody up there in the great PNW know anybody heading past SeaTac on the way to the track later on Friday, and then back again later on Sunday?  We have one lazy assed team mate who's perfectly happy to let the rest of us do the 893 mile drive and tow, and then the on site tech, so he can just jet himself in, don his helmet, and achieve glory.  He's not too cheap to rent a car, but as I said he's lazy, why drive when you can let somebody else do all the work?

Anyhow, if anybody knows anybody that could help, please point them towards me, and I'll put you in touch (he's too lazy to follow the forums).  I'm sure he'd gladly chip in towards your fuel or alcohol fund, maybe even both if you help load his helmet into your car (he won't have much luggage, we're transporting that for him..).

Thanks,

bs

bshorey wrote:

Hey, anybody up there in the great PNW know anybody heading past SeaTac on the way to the track later on Friday, and then back again later on Sunday?  We have one lazy assed team mate who's perfectly happy to let the rest of us do the 893 mile drive and tow, and then the on site tech, so he can just jet himself in, don his helmet, and achieve glory.  He's not too cheap to rent a car, but as I said he's lazy, why drive when you can let somebody else do all the work?

Well, inasmuch as you make him sound like such a potentially delightful driving companion, sure, why not? That's if we can agree on what's meant by "later on Friday." Do you know when his flight's due to land?

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
bshorey wrote:

Well, inasmuch as you make him sound like such a potentially delightful driving companion, sure, why not? That's if we can agree on what's meant by "later on Friday." Do you know when his flight's due to land?

Yeah, he's lazy, but he's actually a fun guy to hang out with.  And in between his bouts of laziness, he's perfectly willing to jump in and help perform minor tasks such as engine replacements, hub changes, tire replacements, and other sundry deeds.

Thanks for your response - I sent you a PM, I'll put you and he in touch and hopefully everybody can show up on time with big smiles on their faces.

Thanks,

bs

stimpyvan wrote:

Fully expecting a puddle of gas/water/oil under the car.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/BigBird57/1377014_587234631341407_1296061825_n_zps88e75b41.jpg

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

50 (edited by CowDriver 2015-07-02 05:11 PM)

stimpyvan wrote:

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/comic_pics/calling.gif

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"