Re: Pacific Northworst GP - The Ridge - Who's in?

Team W.O.W. Weed has the design all done finally but that is all we actually know how to deal with and it was only like a million degrees here to manage it in.......97 degrees in the bay today and that is about 5 degrees cooler than the last few! Going off to the mechanic member of the team tomorrow and we hope he has enough time to get her at least to the starting gate:- )

Presenting Chronic the Hedgehog in all her stoner glory!
I love that the pictures look so much better than she does in person:-)
http://i59.tinypic.com/25f0p6s.jpg
Side view

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ns4128.jpg
Front view

Susy Wilson
W.O.W. Weed

wowweedofwa wrote:

Presenting Chronic the Hedgehog in all her stoner glory!

Last year, everyone tried to avoid being stuck behind the car that smoked too much (the Corvair).
This year, you may have people lining up behind you to get a whiff of smoke!   smile

Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting your team and seeing your car.

Having a car for me to drive is somewhat doubtful (as of today it isn't running), but I will be there regardless.
Spank, Sparky Pete and I are car-pooling, and I'm sure that 15+ hours in the truck with those guys
will permanently warp my brain.   smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LCO12/009-UG-LCO12.jpg

Chronic the Hedgehog— that's pretty good (we will, of course, expect the appropriate music from the team during the inspections).

As a proud Coloradan, I am ashamed to say that we've never had a team sponsored by a dispensary at our races here (though we have had reefer-themed teams).

We are  not a dispensary actually....they do things quite a bit differently here in WA in regards to legal weed. You can't grow it and sell it here....only one or the other and we grow, not sell. Our legal system here sucks big time actually and many growers are going to be going out of business here if something does not change. Our little company does OK...but we just keep our head above water so it is not lucrative if one expects to make any money from their job which is generally the idea behind a job. It has been a labor of love for us....we like to grow cannabis but we are not sure how much longer we can do it for no financial return:-/ That is another story though and entering this race is to take our minds off all that serious crap:-)

My daughter and I made a mutant vehicle for our first ever Burning Man a few years back...this was sort of like that but we weren't racing her....just driving around at 5 miles per hour in the dust and we had to push start her more than 1/2 the time:-) This has been kind of similar...coming up with a theme.....getting her all decked out.......melting in the easy bake oven we call the eastern Columbia Gorge.......so much fun!

Our paint job is so terrible! We rented a sprayer from the local hardware shop and it started spraying out a giant stream of paint where the handle and the hose connect. We have florescent green paint everywhere! It is dripping all over the car but it looks OK from a distance so most people won't see how horrible it is I hope. I just keep telling myself....it is for a 2 day race....don't worry about it. Next year....we will start fresh and build something totally ourselves and it will be hopefully better done. For now I am just glad any of the paint stuck to her at all and can't wait to get her to the track:-)

We have 6 drivers registered but only 4 of them can actually drive so we may have a shift or two open CowDriiver if you don't mind driving a silly piece of junk and if she lasts long enough for multiple drivers to have a run:-)
Susy
W.O.W. Weed

wowweedofwa wrote:

We are  not a dispensary actually....they do things quite a bit differently here in WA in regards to legal weed. You can't grow it and sell it here....only one or the other and we grow, not sell.

Here in Colorado, it's sort of a free-for-all with weed (at least inside Denver city limits, where I live) and there are way more dispensaries than there is demand-- everybody who ever dreamed of opening one is now doing so. Actually, the same thing is going on with breweries and brewpubs, as the ex-brewer governor has removed most barriers to opening them. I like the idea that weed and beer are available everywhere, and it's cool having one each dispensary and brewpub within a block of my house, but it's obvious that three-quarters of these operations are going to be broke and boarded-up within a year or two.

CowDriver wrote:

Last year, everyone tried to avoid being stuck behind the car that smoked too much (the Corvair).

Do not hate on the cutting edge Blue Smoke technology pioneered by GM in the 60's. It involved a new upper and lower cylinder lubrication system that extended the life of the piston and reduced cylinder wear. A similar system was being developed by VW (for the Beetle) and is still offered on some of their models.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

CPT_Trans_Continental wrote:
CowDriver wrote:

Do not hate on the cutting edge Blue Smoke technology pioneered by GM in the 60's. It involved a new upper and lower cylinder lubrication system that extended the life of the piston and reduced cylinder wear. A similar system was being developed by VW (for the Beetle) and is still offered on some of their models.

I'm not hating your technology at all.   In fact, I was cheering you on all weekend, especially your heroic fix repair attempt.   I just had the misfortune to be stuck behind you during a long full-course yellow flag.  Peeewwwww!  That was what inspired me to give you the "Inhalation Hazard" warning sticker.

wowweedofwa wrote:

We have 6 drivers registered but only 4 of them can actually drive so we may have a shift or two open CowDriiver if you don't mind driving a silly piece of junk and if she lasts long enough for multiple drivers to have a run:-)

I would love an opportunity to drive your car, even if only for a few laps.   As for the concept of me minding a "silly piece of junk", remember that I own and race (for certain very small values of "race") a Humber Super Snipe.   The words "silly" and "piece of junk" were made for my car.  smile

I'll come looking for you as soon as I get to the track.   Of course, I'm car-pooling with Spank, so who knows when that might be.  smile

CowDriver wrote:
wowweedofwa wrote:

I would love an opportunity to drive your car, even if only for a few laps.   As for the concept of me minding a "silly piece of junk", remember that I own and race (for certain very small values of "race") a Humber Super Snipe.   The words "silly" and "piece of junk" were made for my car.  smile

I'll come looking for you as soon as I get to the track.   Of course, I'm car-pooling with Spank, so who knows when that might be.  smile

I heard that.

CowDriver wrote:
CowDriver wrote:

I'm not hating your technology at all.   In fact, I was cheering you on all weekend, especially your heroic fix repair attempt.   I just had the misfortune to be stuck behind you during a long full-course yellow flag.  Peeewwwww!  That was what inspired me to give you the "Inhalation Hazard" warning sticker.

The car has been repainted, but the sticker has been retained.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix

CowDriver wrote:

The car has been repainted, but the sticker has been retained.

I am honored!

Have finished the wiring! We are practically ready to race! Well, we haven't actually turned the engine and there are no brakes yet... But my new dash looks hella sweet! And the theme is practically done!

Right on schedule!

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

Well, we fixed the header problem from Buttonwillow but still have no clue on the engine miss in cylinder #2.

We might be a limping clown...

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

"Foxxy Karl" went and got his own gas over the weekend, he just needs a transmission leak fixed and he'll be as good as questionable

Car Error Panamericana are making the trip up from California again to defend our Class C crown (that is if the judges allow us to compete in Class C again). The car has been battered in several more races since then so no reason they shouldn't. We may have a new look by race time...or we may not.

Where is the weed guy's pit location going to be?

Multiple times loser at Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, Sears Point, Chuckwalla, Inde, MSR Houston, Texas Speedway, and Laguna Seca
"C" Class Winner at The Ridge 2014.
RIP 2001 Saturn SL2 - "The Pigeon Coupe". Now featuring a 1990 Mercedes 190e #140.

OttoMotif wrote:

asking THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS!

OttoMotif wrote:

Car Error Panamericana are making the trip up from California again to defend our Class C crown (that is if the judges allow us to compete in Class C again). The car has been battered in several more races since then so no reason they shouldn't. We may have a new look by race time...or we may not.

If memory serves, you won by like 16 laps last time...

Start thinking now: Class B and zero laps or Class C and 20 laps? Which would you prefer?

OttoMotif wrote:

Seems like that is a pretty solidly B class car now. You guys are definitely fast enough to be in B class. You are faster than some A class cars. I think you would probably have been in B sooner except for some (or one) of your drivers penchant for making up new lines where they aren't and doing some creative sheet metal rearranging.

But I am also in the camp that believes in keeping C class pretty pure and deeply awful.

Camerlengo wrote:

Well, we fixed the header problem from Buttonwillow but still have no clue on the engine miss in cylinder #2.

We might be a limping clown...

Stumble fixed!!!!!!!

It was a bad injector.

We switched out plugs, plug cables, coil, crank sensor, cam sensor, oxygen sensor, throttle position sensor and the car still stumbled.

Changed injectors...

Car runs great!!!!

Watch out class B! We are Back!

Leaving tomorrow at noon. If you see a 40' motor home pulling a 27' bright green trailer... that's us smile smile

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

So, so many cheaturz towing up from California. How are us poor folk that live a simple life of growing weed and resodding our roofs supposed to have a chance?

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

^ yeah! And some of us are just barely getting by - running micro distilleries out of our tiny houses and crafting artisanal mustache wax on the side.

Driving like a girl for 33 years.

I would like to thank all the workers and crews at the Ridge for a great race and a fun and safe weekend. Thanks to Judge Tom and Judge Phil for being stern yet caring stewards (spellcheck: HEINOUS). Al, Steve and Lisa for all the help getting the car through tech (saw Nick). Thanks to our neighbors, MacGyver Motorsports, for the fluid when we cooked our brakes. Thanks to my team, Troy, Darryl and Wes for all your hard work and sacrifice getting our fast and squishy race car ready and off the wrecker. THANK YOU TO MY BEAUTIFUL AND SMART AND CARING AND SMART AND LOVING AND SMART AND THOUGHTFUL AND SMART WIFE, RINDEE, YOU MAKE ME WANT TO BE A SMARTER MAN! Without you I could not foolow (correct) my dreams and create your nightmares, you complete me.Lastly, I would like to thank the British Empire for making such LeMony autos, Jagvair, MG Metro, and Austin Landcrab, taking home the jewelry. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

God Save the Queen indeed!
Captain, I am sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you this weekend, what what supposed to be the spectacular debut (read:DOMINATION) of the twincam 1968 Wolseley Hornet quickly spiralled into reverting back to the stock engine which promptly blew its headgasket, twice...
So I spent most of the weekend under the bonnet. Thank god we had our reliable landcrab out there!
The Jagvair looked SPECTACULAR out there, it was great to see it!

Silversleeves Racing https://www.facebook.com/groups/487324281329732
Ford/Lotus Cortina #41, Austin Mini #42, MG1100 #44, Barbie's Corvette #44, Mazda Miata #48, Austin 1800 #49

Alfred Milner, 1st Viscount Milner KG GCB GCMG PC, Governor of the Cape Colony wrote:

When men cry hurrah at the mention of the British Empire, I for my part feel inclined to go into the corner and pray.

Thanks to all for the wonderful weekend! I regret that I never got to see the Jagvair in the paddock with its front trunk, er, hood, er, bonnet raised, but I suppose in itself the paucity of opportunities spoke well of the car.

God Save the Queen!

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Some of our teammates were actually tearing up when it was time to leave, our little plot of asphalt at the ridge became the most exciting place to be (with clothes on) in the world.  Team Jimmy Headcase Experience and FoXXY Karl are in awe still.  Massive thanks to everyone we cut off or bothered for your patience, Karl was commuting with only one gear all weekend.  The neighborhood was fantastic, thanks to the Knight crew for your compressor, the orange porsche for the whiskey, and GREG THE GREAT n the family for getting us rock star plots.  Can not wait to fail to fail again!

http://i.imgur.com/e835hMr.jpg