Re: Halloween Hooptiefest Roll Call

I been told there are showers at NHMS. where are they located?

track map that is 99.9999% probability that will be used:
http://www.tonystrackdays.com/custom/images/NHISMap_Outline.jpg
https://www.fishtailridingschool.com/media/images/curriculum/NHMS_Track__MC_Map_v2.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

On the map you posted, bathrooms are building 4.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Based on the second map you loaded, the showers and bathrooms are located in building 4, which is the Media Center, between the Smoke Shack restaurant and the pit lane.  They are open all weekend (the bathrooms/showers, not the restaurant).  There are also bathrooms and showers located to the right of the fork as you come up out of the tunnel entering the track.

Dave

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

54 (edited by ermracing 2015-10-13 06:44 PM)

The track layout shown in those maps is for the motorcycle races.  The only difference for cars is that we don't do turn 12A.  That is an extra right/left chicane for the bikes to slow them down while entering the main straight.  The cars parallel the pit entrance road from turn 12 and enter the main straight that way.

This map shows the version of the north chicane we will use (turns 11/12), but it has the old version of the south chicane (turns 1/2).  The approximate location of the bathrooms by the tunnel are also shown.

http://www.comscc.org/events/track-information/nhms/nhms.gif

Dave

ERM Racing:  NHMS 2016 - Organizer's Choice Award. NHMS 2015 - Judge's Choice Award. NHMS 2014 - "Most work to make an Unrecognizable Movie Car Award" Team Ludicrous Speed:  NHMS Fall 2013 - driver, NHMS Spring 2013 -  support crew, NHMS Fall 2012 - Corner Marshal (How not to Flip Your Car)

TheEngineer wrote:
Evil Genius wrote:

Oh, and Steve McD and I will be your Lemons  team at this race...   looking forward to seeing y'all, I haven't been to the Loudon race in years,

-John

No Jay? Is Phil coming? I know he was backing off on how many races he attended lately.

Will be good to have you back at NH.

Does that mean that Evil Genius and Scary Steve McD will do the Race Wrap-up YouTube video instead of Jay and Nick?  That would be awesome!  I think you kinda need to be there to be able to get the true feeling of the race.  Hopefully we'll have some good photos and videos of the mayhem...I love the memories the wrap up videos bring in the middle of the cold New England winters when my jalopy is sitting in my driveway, covered in snow, lonely and sad, waiting for the spring to come, so that it could once again re-join its friends in the New Jersey race....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

I ran the full oval earlier this year in my ministock. It was a blast!!

Looks like Frankenvette aka the Defeat Mechanism will be ready to go!  http://youtu.be/_o84I2-KkgY

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

kakarot1232001 wrote:

I been told there are showers at NHMS. where are they located?

Like everyone else said, building 4. The facilities at NHMS are pretty good. Probably 5-6 showers in that building, and they try to keep the bathrooms stocked with gojo. The other bathroom building is outside the track, and was built within the last 8 years or so. Only think I don't know about that one is if they will have hot water this late in the season (infield showers always seem to). And finally if you look at the picture that ermracing posted, halfway between the tunnel and the garages is a small third bathroom.

They do try to make sure their tank of 93 octane is full before our event, and sell it at a price comparable to normal stations. In the past we've managed to drain that tank by sunday though. There are a couple stations within a 1/4 mile of the track if that happens.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Does anybody know if there will be a pasta event or BBQ event like last year?  We are preparing food for the weekend and we need to know.

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

CTSparky wrote:

Does anybody know if there will be a pasta event or BBQ event like last year?  We are preparing food for the weekend and we need to know.

I asked on the Overengineer'd Racing FaceSpace page...will post if I get an answer.

Also be nice to know if the Alfa guys are serving Spag and Balls on the other night. smile

61 (edited by n0m4d 2015-10-18 05:44 PM)

CTSparky wrote:

Sorry, but we won't be doing our bar-b-que thing this year.  We hate to disappoint but right now too many of us have busy work schedules and new kiddos to get it together enough to feed the masses.  We'll try to make it up to everyone next year with a couple of BBQ events.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Pasta Palooza  2015 is on. Chef Frank is rolling meatballs as I write this. For the uninitiated Team Pro crash Duh nation will be serving Spaghetti, meatballs, garlic bread, salata, Chianti & Pellegrino on Saturday night. Bring a chair and if you like a beverage of your choice. We'll have a fire pit going, music and smores later.

Oh ya, we'll probably be racing our Alfa too.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor

Thanks for the updates! Eagerly anticipating food that I don't have to cook!!!

Greg S wrote:

Pasta Palooza  2015 is on. Chef Frank is rolling meatballs as I write this.

Greg

You just made my day. Thanks you for feeding us! See you there.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

We'll be roaming the paddock with the mobile Gin and Tonic cart on Saturday after the track goes cold.  That's assuming we're not thrashing away on the car, which history suggests is likely.

Is the DJ setup returning again this year? Do we need glowsticks? These are important question. Much more important than questions like does my car start yet? (it doesn't).

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

67 (edited by chaase 2015-10-19 11:00 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

Is the DJ setup returning again this year? Do we need glowsticks? These are important question. Much more important than questions like does my car start yet? (it doesn't).

That is important stuff!

The Saturn does run now after replacing piston #4, which decided that it didn't like any of its ring lands.
The Rover runs but adjustments are needed to the shift linkage and a little more work on the throttle kick down. Apparently. automatic transmissions don't like being told that the throttle is at WOT the entire time. Appropriate Lemons engineering is being used to remedy the situation.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Rumor has it that a local heavy metal cover band will be making lots of noise somewhere near the center garages on Saturday evening.  The Doofwagon and a flaming guitar may be involved.

Dave

Rockin' Romeo!!!!....I just packed my lounge chair and a bottle of high-end Tequila (with spare shot glasses)....meet you at the fire! 
It was nice to relax by the fire last year on a cool Autumn evening after driving all day during the Saturday race, and join you in burning Nemo at the stake, throwing his flesh into the fire, piece by piece, sacrificing him to the Racing Gods for the bad OMEN be brought you...."NEMO spelled backwards is OMEN!!!!"

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Prompt Critical will be there with a guest driver from Hazzardous Racing.

#235 Team Prompt Critical
1974 Mercury Capri 1984 Ford Mustang
1998 VW Golf 2001 BMW 328ci

snuffy wrote:

We'll be roaming the paddock with the mobile Gin and Tonic cart on Saturday after the track goes cold.  That's assuming we're not thrashing away on the car, which history suggests is likely.

You must find me with said cart....

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

Evil Genius wrote:
snuffy wrote:

You must find me with said cart....

Challenge accepted

At Thompson you guys thrashed on your car AND delivered G&Ts. You got this.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

skivittlerjimb wrote:

At Thompson you guys thrashed on your car AND delivered G&Ts. You got this.

I loosely remember that.  I'll have to take another opportunity to remember during the weekend.

DNF Racing 1992 Mazda Miata
"Cheat to win"

G&T was really good.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),