Re: Barber:, who's in, whatcha bringing?

I'll have 5 gallons of light and 5 gallons of dark. Robert should have 10 gallons of other assorted flavors, hopefully with some jalapeno.

The Duff car will be sporting a brand new paint job; we figured it was time for a change, although it will still be the Duff car. After over 6 years of racing it, we just couldn't imagine it as anything else.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

It's sounding like there may need to be a beer tasting competition? I would nominate myself as a judge wink

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

steve wrote:

It's sounding like there may need to be a beer tasting competition? I would nominate myself as a judge wink

That line starts right behind me, compadre.

First-ever Barber Beer Brew-off Bru-hah? Yes. And yes.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

All these craft beers, will I be voted off the Island if I bring a 12 pack of Rolling Rock? Cans of course....

BigPaul wrote:

All these craft beers, will I be voted off the Island if I bring a 12 pack of Rolling Rock? Cans of course....

Amuse bouche

Head of Estate

FPRbuzz wrote:

Anybody going to be in ATL on thursday night?

Steve and I will be. We've already got dinner obligations, but would be fun to meet up after!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

steve wrote:

Nah...competition is on the track...beer is just to enhance the telling of lies after.

Well, the only thing I have ever raced as a driver is a Submarine, but that experience does have some cool stories. Chasing, playing hide and seek and running from the Ruskies during the Cold War made for some interesting situations.

BigPaul wrote:

Absolutely not......... and I'll help ya drink it. smile

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

There are usually some Ruskies at Barber, and at CMP. We like to trade beer for food with them, as they usually make really good food.

BigPaul wrote:

Well, the only thing I have ever raced as a driver is a Submarine, but that experience does have some cool stories. Chasing, playing hide and seek and running from the Ruskies during the Cold War made for some interesting situations.

Sounds really interesting, actually.

I invited an Iraq/Afghanistan vet (combat medic) from my brewing forum, too.  He is in one of those weird places where he sold his old place too quick and his new place will not be ready for a three week chunk and is living out of his enclosed trailer in the interim...I told him to come down and live in it at the track.  He served where my team mom was building a an Iraqi army base at the same time so we figure there might be a few war stories exchanged.

Big Paul, you just inspired me to press play on one of history's finest films: Hunt for Red October.

I'm sure that movie is about as ridiculous for you as watching ER was for me  but, damn, it was an awesome watch  for us civvie types.

Head of Estate

doctordel wrote:

Big Paul, you just inspired me to press play on one of history's finest films: Hunt for Red October.

I'm sure that movie is about as ridiculous for you as watching ER was for me  but, damn, it was an awesome watch  for us civvie types.

And it added "Crazy Ivan" to the vernacular.  This is used almost daily to describe a move my 120# St Bernard does trying to shake my more agile 60# border collie mix in a race around the yard.  It is now a drinking game!

rmcdaniels wrote:

I'll have 5 gallons of light and 5 gallons of dark. Robert should have 10 gallons of other assorted flavors, hopefully with some jalapeno.

As a fellow brewer I have to say I had one of those "its ruined" moments over the lat 7 days...until tonight.  Tarrytown Rusty Brown has been a staple since we bought the Dustbuster.  One of my common ingredients was not available when I made this batch so I used experience to substitute on the fly.  I tasted like tin as a cold, partially carbonated brown ale (it is close to Moose Drool in flavor)...I was devastated.  Two more days and fully carb'ed...tasted 98% like the original with just a little too much hop bitterness (current Mangnum hops are about 3% higher AA)..

I had that happen with the Terminally Confused Porter that I made. It had a distinctly metallic aftertaste, bad enough that I couldn't hand it out. I shelved it for a year and tried it again; it tasted fine.

116 (edited by chadadams59 2016-01-18 08:30 PM)

majo wrote:
BigPaul wrote:

Absolutely not......... and I'll help ya drink it. smile

Me too.  I make sport of drinking other people's beer.

All this talk of other people's beer makes me happy.

Where's everyone going to park?  smile

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Not sure if I weighed in, but I'll be there. If you're of the bribing persuasion, a set of Crown Vic steelies would look great on the Magnum, assuming I can get them home in whatever rental heap I have.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:

Not sure if I weighed in, but I'll be there. If you're of the bribing persuasion, a set of Crown Vic steelies would look great on the Magnum, assuming I can get them home in whatever rental heap I have.

If not we can throw them in the trailer.

If you all need a tire changed at the race at Barber, come on over to our paddock area - Run Fordest Run.   I picked up a tire changer and will have it available.   Happy to help and plus it's good exercise for me.

Winner, Class C (The Ugly) #40 Mock Grass Racing (1998 Kia Sephia, Columbia SC)
#55 The Four Lemigos. aka #56 Run Fordest Run -  1995 Mustang (Owner, operator, financer, sucker - self inflicted)

OnkelUdo wrote:
therood wrote:

If not we can throw them in the trailer.

Ditto.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

yodogg wrote:

Steve and I will be. We've already got dinner obligations, but would be fun to meet up after!

That scares and excites. Add jet lag and it sounds perfect

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

Chiming in late... once again Tetanus and LRE are teaming up to do Barber.
It's a track that doesn't suit Ye Olde Neon, E30 is being reassembled to use all 6 cylinders again, and the 944 is being prepped for COTA... so 240Z it is again!

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

cpchampion wrote:

Chiming in late... once again Tetanus and LRE are teaming up to do Barber.
It's a track that doesn't suit Ye Olde Neon, E30 is being reassembled to use all 6 cylinders again, and the 944 is being prepped for COTA... so 240Z it is again!

"240Z" you mean smile

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

FPRbuzz wrote:

That scares and excites.

It should!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

A little birdie tells me that adoption rates for the test/tune are pretty low with 2 weeks to go. Since the pre-payers get into the track first on Thursday night, I'm guessing we'll get a pretty sweet spot!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.