126 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-01-22 03:33 PM)

Re: Barber:, who's in, whatcha bringing?

Mulry wrote:

A little birdie tells me that adoption rates for the test/tune are pretty low with 2 weeks to go. Since the pre-payers get into the track first on Thursday night, I'm guessing we'll get a pretty sweet spot!

I am in...just have to fill out the stupid form.  So look for the disreputable blue truck Thursday night if you are in need of beer.  It might have a console TV playing "Tommy Boy" or similar on VHS.

Mulry wrote:

A little birdie tells me that adoption rates for the test/tune are pretty low with 2 weeks to go. Since the pre-payers get into the track first on Thursday night, I'm guessing we'll get a pretty sweet spot!

We are signed up and paid for the test day.   We have a driver new to the track and want him to get a good look at the track before the race.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

We are in for the test day. We've got a new driver and a suspension change, plus getting in earlier gets us a better paddock spot.

Vincent, if your new driver wants to turn some virtual laps, then he can use our iRacing setup at the shop in Raleigh. With the new VR headset; it's the next best thing to being there.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

We are in for the test day. We've got a new driver and a suspension change, plus getting in earlier gets us a better paddock spot.

Vincent, if your new driver wants to turn some virtual laps, then he can use our iRacing setup at the shop in Raleigh. With the new VR headset; it's the next best thing to being there.

Which setup are you using for the VR?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

I just connected an Oculus Rift DK2 to it. Before then, we were using three 40" monitors.

We'll be signing up for test n tune

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

rmcdaniels wrote:

Thanks, but the driver is Stephen's brother who lives in Richmond, VA and he travels almost as much as you, except not as far.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Trailer is 95% loaded though I did find out that the interior width quoted by the manufacturer may not include the interior wall cladding of an enclosed trailer.  Or I can't do math.  Or Pontiac does not include the (substantial) body side cladding in their vehicle width.

Only things left to load is the compressor, beer and my personal gear.  Lets hope it is warm enough for the beer to travel in the trailer because I believe I would have a hard time explaining 9 1.5 gallon brown plastic bottles in the passenger seat of the truck if I got pulled over.

Next week is going to be hard to stay focused at work.

I tried a bottle of the Duff Dark while watching the NFC championship game this weekend. I think it needs more time in the bottle, but my wife thinks that it's the best beer that I've ever made. My porters do seem to benefit from extra time bottle-aging:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-stuff-picture6547-beer1.jpg

Mmmmm Duff beer.....

My body is ready for some dark brews. All I'm bringing is scotch which doesn't quite fulfill the same purpose as beer.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

136 (edited by sambickford 2016-01-25 04:56 PM)

CherryBomb #73 will be there.  Hopefully we'll be turning slow, consistent, non-blowity-uppity laps - which is a real challenge for a 420a Eagle Talon...

We're also going to be doing the track day on Friday, so I'll be towing the car down with an expected Thursday afternoon arrival.

Just a note...  I don't think February in the B-ham is exactly corsets & fishnets weather.  We'll have to come up with some other way to honor our Runaways/CherryBomb tribute & leave the corsets & fishnets in the special Lemons boudoir closet until warmer weather at CMP.  Thank God!
big_smile

rmcdaniels wrote:

I tried a bottle of the Duff Dark while watching the NFC championship game this weekend. I think it needs more time in the bottle, but my wife thinks that it's the best beer that I've ever made. My porters do seem to benefit from extra time bottle-aging:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-stuff-picture6547-beer1.jpg

Save some porter for the Supreme Court.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

How are y'all signing up for the test day?  Is there a phone number I can call?

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

They sent an e-mail in 1/18 with the link to the form.

Try this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByS-sE … JXTWc/view

Ok I'm sorry but I must be dumb.  Is that a form I fill out and print and carry it with me?  I see no send button lol

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

FPRbuzz wrote:

All I'm bringing is scotch ...

If it's a cold night, I predict active trading on the Lemons Scotch Exchange.  I'll have Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Laphroaig 10 on offer.

Carried in stainless hip flasks, of course.

Formula None
Because Saab Turbos have too much power
Inexplicably OC @ Humidi TT 2014

I'm hopefully hopping onto someone else's team for the test day. Hopefully! Hooray!

Weird logistical question: I have a press event that spits me out on the 3rd. Do I really want to go home for a day? I'm thinking maybe no?

Is anyone for some bizarre, unknown reason showing up on 4/3? Only issue is I don't have a car there, and I'm hella butt cheap about trying to swing a rental at the last-minute.

Trying to figure out all the wheres and hows and whatevers and determine if I want to just haul my Lemons stuff through the other event and plop out directly in Birmingham.

Disco wrote:

Ok I'm sorry but I must be dumb.  Is that a form I fill out and print and carry it with me?  I see no send button lol

I e-mailed it to the address in the form. bringing it in by hand will cost you an extra $100.

Disco wrote:

Here, I made it an electronic form, so no printing/scanning required:

http://s115271005.onlinehome.us/Stuff456

sah298 wrote:
FPRbuzz wrote:

All I'm bringing is scotch ...

If it's a cold night, I predict active trading on the Lemons Scotch Exchange.  I'll have Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Laphroaig 10 on offer.

Carried in stainless hip flasks, of course.

To borrow from DeVito: there's only one thing better than whiskey. And that's other people's whiskey.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

rmcdaniels wrote:
Disco wrote:

Here, I made it an electronic form, so no printing/scanning required:

http://s115271005.onlinehome.us/Stuff456

Thank you very much!

Disco wrote:

Yeah, those instructions on the form in bold and underlined "Please direct your PRE-registration forms and payment to the following address or Fax/E-mail by February 1st, 2016" was a little on the complex side.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Disco wrote:

Yeah, those instructions on the form in bold and underlined "Please direct your PRE-registration forms and payment to the following address or Fax/E-mail by February 1st, 2016" was a little on the complex side.

It is when I have no idea how to email a form presented like that and I have no fax or a way to print the form. I think you forgot rule number one in Lemons.

Disco wrote:

I think you forgot rule number one in Lemons.

"1.0: WARNING: Racing is Exceedingly Taxing, both Physically and Mentally."

It is all in good fun. 

As a side note, you still can't sign the second page without printing unless they accept e-signatures.  Complete the form, send it in and follow up with a call.  Alternatively, print it, sign it and scan it to thumb drive/SD card/whatever at a Kinko's/Staples/whatever.  The Zoom guy did ask me to send the signed second page when I forgot it.