Re: Barber:, who's in, whatcha bringing?

sambickford wrote:

CherryBomb #73 will be there.  Hopefully we'll be turning slow, consistent, non-blowity-uppity laps - which is a real challenge for a 420a Eagle Talon

Sounds like it needs to become a 7-bolt 4g63 turbo car. Then you can turn fast, inconsistent, blow-uppity laps and crank walk through turns 3 and 4.

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

I was gonna save this case that I picked up today for the Gingerman race, but I may have to bring it to Barber and drink it out of plastic cups!

https://scontent.fdtw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12647050_1688338951413876_7610598801607087123_n.jpg?oh=12e0d048c1fc9354ddca2784ceca7d9d&oe=57331C2E

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

(meticulously scribes "Burnt Rubber Soul Racing" to ever-growing list of paddocks that must be visited)

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

doctordel wrote:

(meticulously scribes "Burnt Rubber Soul Racing" to ever-growing list of paddocks that must be visited)

I'm racing with the Apocalyptic Racing boys and their 78 Celica at this event.  I'll bring this and some craft cans too -- stop by!

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Lemons 928 engine #5 (yes, five) has been installed and passed initial QC at come monday HQ so it looks like we will be joining the fracas.

For a lap, at least...

Head of Estate

doctordel wrote:

Lemons 928 engine #5 (yes, five) has been installed and passed initial QC at come monday HQ so it looks like we will be joining the fracas.

Looks like you are getting up there with about the same amount of engine as me.  My Kia has had 8 engines in it  through all the 13 races that its been in.

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Well, you definitely win the index of explodedness.

We are at 5 in 10 races. But we are closing in on ya!

Head of Estate

I am not jinxing it because when I predict foul weather, it never happens.  My departure temp Thursday will be so cold beer has to ride in the truck cab.  Even the mid-point in Evansville, IN looks marginal so probably can't even move it to the trailer until then for fear of freezing.

So for you Deep South natives, the temps at track are predicted high 20's at night.  Plan on a trouble light to keep the engine warm or at least get it up to operating temp before going to bed and throw a blanket over the hood.  27 f is cold but with 1.5-2 gallons of water plus 1-300#'s (more for Idle Clatter) of engine at 180F, it takes many, many hours to get below freezing in that engine bay.

Those running British cars with a carb, I will have starting fluid available.

Those running Italian cars...I own a lighter and jugs of fuel are everywhere.

Those with French cars...you won't last to the second day anyway (tSoG).

OnkelUdo wrote:
Disco wrote:

I think you forgot rule number one in Lemons.

"1.0: WARNING: Racing is Exceedingly Taxing, both Physically and Mentally."

It is all in good fun. 

As a side note, you still can't sign the second page without printing unless they accept e-signatures.  Complete the form, send it in and follow up with a call.  Alternatively, print it, sign it and scan it to thumb drive/SD card/whatever at a Kinko's/Staples/whatever.  The Zoom guy did ask me to send the signed second page when I forgot it.

They accepted a digital signature on mine. The one that I converted to an online form has digital signature blocks, so it should be good.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Mcloed wrote:
doctordel wrote:

Looks like you are getting up there with about the same amount of engine as me.  My Kia has had 8 engines in it  through all the 13 races that its been in.

Amateurs, we used to blow up two engines/race in the Duff car back in '09-'10 when we started racing it. And then we'd take it to HPDE's and blow up more engines. We'd bring three engines to a race, two to blow up and one to drive home on. Thankfully we stopped doing that after a few years; otherwise I probably wouldn't be doing this any more.

You're a brewmaster as well, Rog, so it's clear you have the patience of Job. We race only once or twice a year so by the time the next event is on the radar the debilitating anguish of the prior disappointment has been (nearly) forgotten and hope springs anew.

Head of Estate

No rain. Sniffle. I love rain and a new track. I guess I'll still have fun. Sniffle

OnkelUdo wrote:

I am not jinxing it because when I predict foul weather, it never happens.  My departure temp Thursday will be so cold beer has to ride in the truck cab.  Even the mid-point in Evansville, IN looks marginal so probably can't even move it to the trailer until then for fear of freezing.

just put beer in a cooler in the trailer. it'll keep it from freezing. probably. we do it with bottled water all the time.

as for everyone worried about the cold.
trailering bacon.
with a miata.
in a blizzard.
to go tent camping.
don't be pussies.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

just put beer in a cooler in the trailer. it'll keep it from freezing. probably. we do it with bottled water all the time.

as for everyone worried about the cold.
trailering bacon.
with a miata.
in a blizzard.
to go tent camping.
don't be pussies.

Bottles wrong size to close cooler lids.

You are welcome to spot in our enclosed trailer or maybe spot in our Team Mom's travel trailer...both with heat.

165 (edited by Brett85p 2016-01-30 09:35 AM)

OnkelUdo wrote:

So for you Deep South natives, the temps at track are predicted high 20's at night.  Plan on a trouble light to keep the engine warm or at least get it up to operating temp before going to bed and throw a blanket over the hood.  27 f is cold but with 1.5-2 gallons of water plus 1-300#'s (more for Idle Clatter) of engine at 180F, it takes many, many hours to get below freezing in that engine bay.

Those running British cars with a carb, I will have starting fluid available.

Those running Italian cars...I own a lighter and jugs of fuel are everywhere.

Those with French cars...you won't last to the second day anyway (tSoG).

Do you car a favor and get it a nice heated blanket for the engine bay
http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardw … 0297860262

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Does anyone know how many cars are going to be at barber?

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

Mcloed wrote:

Best guess is between 70-80.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

We put a small halogen work light under the hood at night to keep things from freezing.

I'm just planning on draining the water each night....

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

I wish I could; the latest motor in the Duff car has a "Y"-series block, and the block drain plug is on the back of the block in a completely PITA location. Our old "Z"-series block was much easier to drain with the plug in front of the block.

it wont be cold enough or be cold long enough to freeze. Just let it warm up real good before you tuck it in for the night.

It Ain't My Fault

Yeah, weather report changed drastically from when I originally made the comment.  Heck it even looks like departure temps will be warm enough up here that beer can ride in the trailer!

Mulry wrote:
Mcloed wrote:

Best guess is between 70-80.

86 registered and paid, including 19 first-timers by my count. Someone's bringing a much-awaited vehicle and there's also a CRF HF registered that damn well better have the 60-horsepower D15B6 and the stupid-tall gearing or there will be hell to pay.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

"...or there will be hell to pay."

Curse! Curse! Curse!

Head of Estate

Our secret weapon will not be attending at Barber. Tomorrow we will see how many cobwebs and rats now live in the boring ass Honda.