176 (edited by Disco 2016-02-01 09:22 PM)

Re: Barber:, who's in, whatcha bringing?

therood wrote:
Mulry wrote:
Mcloed wrote:

Does anyone know how many cars are going to be at barber?

Best guess is between 70-80.

86 registered and paid, including 19 first-timers by my count. Someone's bringing a much-awaited vehicle and there's also a CRF HF registered that damn well better have the 60-horsepower D15B6 and the stupid-tall gearing or there will be hell to pay.

Yeah that might be us with the CRX hf.  But it has no d15b6,  you and I obviously both know that there is no way the rod bearings would survive even the Friday practice.  None of those are left with low enough miles to withstand anything other than sweet massaging of the throttle and flat terrain.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce will be on hand, bringing the downforce Civic and the slicktop Integra.

We're not bringing the dome, though. No one feels like setting that sumbitch up.

We are bringing one hell of a lot of cookies though so bring your face around and getcha one or two.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce Faithful Devotee
Writer of novels and not-novels.

COOOOOOOKIIIIIIEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

179 (edited by jhodgson 2016-02-02 06:09 PM)

http://i.imgur.com/USX5D9C.jpg

Have I told you how much I loved Crossthreaded?

Without a doubt it is some of the finest automotive journalism extant.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

That's mighty kind!

We just released episode two today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHBo4jzQstw

I just tweeted the link to Lewis Hamilton so we should be famous pretty soon. Or he'll just throw a hat at us.

And.... We're off.   See all yous guys tonight.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Car and 1/2 the team should arrive tonight. I'll be there tomorrow around noon if-and this is a mammoth "if"-Hartsfield and Delta don't F everything up as is their MO.

Beer, bourbon, cookies. That is all.

Head of Estate

cpchampion wrote:

Chiming in late... once again Tetanus and LRE are teaming up to do Barber.
It's a track that doesn't suit Ye Olde Neon, E30 is being reassembled to use all 6 cylinders again, and the 944 is being prepped for COTA... so 240Z it is again!

Tetanus Racing should start arriving tonight from various parts of the US.  Watch out Birmingham!

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

Mcloed wrote:

Does anyone know how many cars are going to be at barber?

87 cars, 20 new teams

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Was told this afternoon that Mr. Barber had a car in the race.  Look for a motorcycle theme.  If true this should be good!

This track is f'in awesome!!!!  Glad we came.

188 (edited by doctordel 2016-02-07 09:25 PM)

Congratulations to Lemon Aid, Duff and Fairlylame! Clean driving gentlemen/ladies, all of them.
Lemon Aid with the Grand Slam, to boot!

Special mention for Knoxvegas and their incredible team ingenuity. They bring the A game every time...

Biggest props, though, have to go to the IOE winning Team of One in the Jaguar...an incredible feat of dedication and perseverance.

And...we didn't blow up, so, there's that.

Head of Estate

Congrats on not blowing up on the checkered flag lap!

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

I had an absolute blast this weekend. I'd like to thank Mike (onekeludo), Randy, Tim, Owen, Abby, Soggy, Craig and anyone else associated with Bad Decisions Racing for letting me hang out and mooch off of them for most of the weekend and introduce me to a some of the regulars around here during the Saturday night roving paddock party. You guys are awesome.

I thought Mr Barber bringing over his "backup car" Sunday afternoon was a nice surprise. Despite the high-class appearance of this track, he and the Barber crew seem to "get" Lemonsand what it is about. I certainly hope to see many more events here in the future (though I may be a bit biased since it is just across town for me).

-Jason

FPRbuzz wrote:

Congrats on not blowing up on the checkered flag lap!

Yes, this was a personal victory, to be sure. Of course, something had to happen on the final lap or the universe just wouldn't be quite aligned. So, we ran out of gas on the second to last green lap. You know, just to keep the vengeful Lemons gods satisfied.

I hope your knee feels better soon, H.

I didn't get a chance to catch Bad Decisions and their gallant crew in the paddock so I hope to see y'all later this year. Thanks to Mike and the rest for bringing in another idiot. Like Bebe's kids...we don't die, we multiply!

Head of Estate

Flying Scotsmen East had a blast!! Thanks to all you guys for the community and comradery. It was our first time at the track. I'd put that joint right up there with VIR and Thunderhill.

Super huge congratulations to DUFF for the win!!! Such a cool team and a great group. Well done!!!!

Great weekend.  It finally came together.  We had to run a perfect race to pull it off.  The little Geo is completely toast.  We lost the radiator in the last half our and roasted the motor.  When we pulled into the paddock Lemons HQ and we shut it down and talked to Jay...  It wouldn't restart.  Ha!   Looks like we'll have to figure out what is next for our team. All the goals we set out to accomplish with this little car we have finally achieved after 6 years and thousands of hours of work and racing.  Now with the motor toast, we will have to rebuild. 

We want to thank all the well-wishers, Brett's team for letting us borrow a soldering iron to repair our radios, Knoxvegas for the generous contribution to Wildwood Hills ranch and swapping Geo build info, Save The Ta-Ta's for running a great race against us and being great guys, Barber Motorsports Park for a world class race track and facilities, and the Lemons staff for running a great event.

Looking forward to Autobahn already.

The Inglorious Basturds had a wonderful time as usual. The Bird drove great all weekend. We lost seven laps in the pits after Church hour because we lost a bolt! Doh! Can you say lock tight on the caliper brackets? Special thanks to Christian "Mental" Ward for hangin out and wheelin our car with us. What a blast! And thank you to Mr. Barber and Jay for making this thing happen! What a great place to play and be with friends.

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

I realized that the two cars who have taken all 4 prizes are both Geos. Maybe it's time ICR steps in with a diesel Geo to dominate. We've already got a shell...

Planet Express
"IOE" "C Win" 4834.701 Race Miles and counting
Toyocedes
"Least Southern Pickup Truck" "IOE" "C win" "C win (again?)"

196 (edited by Brett85p 2016-02-08 04:48 PM)

Just got home and unloaded, another amazing weekend at Barber!
Apocalyptic Racing started strong with Andrew driving into the lead in the first 2.5 hours, came in with a suspect wheel bearing so we checked it in the paddock, better safe than sorry, and lost a few laps but with MJ in the car for the second session we were able to maintain the lead by between 10-45 seconds over our paddock mates at Frankenstein Motorwerks. We share radios so the session was a blast for all involved. Unfortunately our run of good fortune ended when MJ came in with a broken collector pipe between the exhaust header and muffler. It was too much for a quick repair and cost us an hour and a half track time. The race was pretty much over after that for us so we toned it down and went out for fun racing on the coolest track on the Lemons circuit.

Congrats to the winners. Lemon-Aid are always a class act, very fast and very clean nice to see take all the wins! Maybe it's time to go for a Heroic fix trophy. Duff Beer, super nice team spent the weekend making sure nobody was short of a tasty beer and ran clean and consistent to take the class B win. Always awesome to see American Iron winning a class as well, welcome to b class Team Fairlylame, it's a fun and competitive class!

Thanks to everyone that leant a hand and came by to say hello, I came home with more beer than I took and a bottle of champagne from team we were able to help out when they were broken.

Broken exhaust
http://i67.tinypic.com/16c1h83.jpg
Little love tap from a porsche on the closing laps
http://i63.tinypic.com/kew94z.jpg
Careful lending your car to a judge....
http://i67.tinypic.com/12305e0.jpg

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

I successfully made it back to Raleigh today, got the rig and car stowed at the shop, took a few work calls/e-mails, and made it home without anybody telling me who won the Superbowl until after I could watch it on Tivo! I even found a couple of my porters under the water bottles in the big cooler that nobody drank this weekend. It was a good day.

Winning the car racing thingy in Alabama was neat too.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

FPRbuzz wrote:

I realized that the two cars who have taken all 4 prizes are both Geos. Maybe it's time ICR steps in with a diesel Geo to dominate. We've already got a shell...

Obviously it is the right choice.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

Got home a few hours ago exhausted! Good grief the wind was horrible. This is our third year doing Barber and each time the wind has been blowing like a hurricane coming across I-20 Back to Dallas. Anybody else fight it on the way back?

"WE MAY HAVE BEEN HASTY IN OUR MOTOR SELECTION"
Winner Judges Choice ECR 2011, Winner Heroic Fix 2012 TWS, Overly Realistic Automotive Journalist Replica Car ECR 2014,Winner Class B Gatorama MSR Houston 2014, $500.00 bucks baby!

200 (edited by ViridianVixen 2016-02-08 05:37 PM)

The Lowballers finally pulled back into the team garage at around 4 am due to a tow rig with a misleading fuel gauge and that didnt want to run correctly. No sure how we always make the closest track the longest haul.

We had a pretty awesome weekend! Glad everyone loved the Hooptiecorn so much and that it got such a great reception! We were kinda sad that the cars didnt hold it together during the race, but thats okay, they all 3 took the checkered! Although who knew that the Dual Engine Van would be the reliable racecar?

Thank you to the Judges for awarding us the Organizers Choice Award! It will make a lovely addition to our trophy shelf. And thank you Barber Motorsports Park for such an amazing facility!

Also for those that dont follow us on Facebook, during the race we tagged Hoonigan and Ken Block in a few posts and last night while we were at dinner, he actually shared the article Roadkill posted about our cars on his Facebook page and Instagram! We are on cloud 9 right now!
http://i.imgur.com/7cdOOn6.png

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers