Re: Nash it Forward - 2016 schedule

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

I was planning on racing gingerman in April anyway. I'm fairly close to Sasha. I could get it from him and bring it back to him after the race.

If not, I'll be racing the pinto. I win (lose?) either way.

This would be awesome!  As you have seen, between us, Brett, the man with the famous hat and two other teams we have plenty of support network.  Although Pinto v Nash v diesel Chevette v Dustbuster would be epic...any two will do.

In theory, Gingerman is the perfect time to try and campaign the dustbuster for class c win, this would be so much more epic.

OnkelUdo wrote:

I was planning on racing gingerman in April anyway. I'm fairly close to Sasha. I could get it from him and bring it back to him after the race.

If not, I'll be racing the pinto. I win (lose?) either way.

This would be awesome!  As you have seen, between us, Brett, the man with the famous hat and two other teams we have plenty of support network.  Although Pinto v Nash v diesel Chevette v Dustbuster would be epic...any two will do.

In theory, Gingerman is the perfect time to try and campaign the dustbuster for class c win, this would be so much more epic.

Not to mention the Imperial.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

We need a team for AZ and then be able to connect with the Dallas team - and so on and so on. 

Sasha is willing to drive it to AZ after Barber for a free stint.  He'll fly back to DC after the race.

This space for rent.

Thunderhill and Colorado are not in the cards.

AZ to ECR to G'Man are.

Rich Chesavage is willing to manage the AZ entry. We just need some drivers/help. Johan Samanta & Sasha are willing to help with that entry.

Then is needs to get to ECR. Maybe I'll drive it. Frank Furgeson and/or Inglorious Basturds will campaign it at ECR. Justin Howe and Sir Thomas Crapper are willing to manage getting it to G'man after that and help campaign it there. Someone said they'd get it to CMP and Sputnik / Mental would run it there. Mental said he'd get it to PA/Jersey...

Then Rally Baby?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Yes. Rally Baby will run it at NJMP.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I'm flying into Arizona to visit family and was planning on looking for a drive while I'm there. I would love to drive that thing as long as I can fit.  I hear it has a tiny seat.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

I'll talk to Sasha he has some larger seats.  Also, they will take the race seat out to drive it across the US anyway.

This space for rent.

I feel like an 8 yer old trying to get the older kids to acknowledge my existence.
I still want In!!!!.......
Rally baby beat me to NJMP, and I don't see a post.
Where are the deals going down?
Help!!!!

Manny.

Mkotzias wrote:

I feel like an 8 yer old trying to get the older kids to acknowledge my existence.
Help!!!!

Manny.

<Bart and Lisa Simpson>Can we drive a crappy racecar dad? can we drive a crappy racecar dad? Can we drive a crappy racecar dad?</Bart and Lisa Simpson/>

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Mkotzias wrote:

Help!!!!

Manny.

Alot of the madness is taking place in the Lemons racers lounge on the facebook.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I'll help Corey with it

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

We should throw an extra SBC in the trunk

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Mkotzias wrote:

Help!!!!

Manny.

Alot of the madness is taking place in the Lemons racers lounge on the facebook.

It actually has it's own page, Nash It Up

cabinboy wrote:

I'm flying into Arizona to visit family and was planning on looking for a drive while I'm there. I would love to drive that thing as long as I can fit.  I hear it has a tiny seat.

I'm thinking at worst I can pull my biggest seat (17" Kirkey Intermediate) out of a car and bring it to AZ.  I won't fit in a small seat either so I'll make sure we get that sorted before then.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

40 (edited by NSF 2015-12-22 09:32 AM)

You may consider changing out the steering wheel  It's giant and the car does have power steering.  Just be sure if you cannot leave the junk in the car to be sure to return it in better than you got it  condition. 

https://scontent.ftpa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12032146_10153566718526067_1055731599783808418_n.jpg?oh=fa43e20c9a9527dc1d50fbf7c6644da3&amp;oe=571B79F7

Michelle is tiny = 115 lbs.

b

This space for rent.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MeaWWZcBL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/CarGear-Mag-Steer … B00ZGIK2PE

Bob, if there are originalish parts rolling around in the car by that point, I'll ship them back to you.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Okay, so who has the car for what races? Us quiet midwestern people don't know everyone by their screen name. Does Arizona still need drivers or do they have enough? Who has Texas? I know OnkelUdo wants Gingerman and we're working on that.

Sir Thomas seems to have Gingerman as a lock so that is sorted...we will all be trying to work together to make it happen so the showdown decades in the waiting will happen...Pinto v Dustbuster v Imperial v Nash...If on Rood could get his Magnum ready in time but we all know that ain't happening.

I think Brett volunteered to be  a relay station between Dallas and Gingerman (If not, hey Brett, can we park another hooptie at your place for a week) and I am happy to pick it up from there and get it to Chicagoland.  From here any number of the usual suspects can get it to the Crapper...or something along those lines.

So to reiterate and clarify part of the last post...who has it at Dallas and who thinks they can get it from Dallas to Saint Louis?

cabinboy wrote:

Okay, so who has the car for what races? Us quiet midwestern people don't know everyone by their screen name. Does Arizona still need drivers or do they have enough? Who has Texas? I know OnkelUdo wants Gingerman and we're working on that.

A lot of details on how this is going to work haven't really been communicated to me.  It sounds like for the AZ race, I'll be running it under my team name which means I'll be sending out the team invites.  Not sure yet how the entry money thing works.  Not sure if the pay it forward rules allow me to deny anyone who says they want to come aboard as a team.  Sasha is charged with getting the car there and I'll be taking care of the rest of the race logistics.  You'll just need to bring your driving crap.  Place appears to be located in a less inhabited portion of BFE on the map so I suppose I'll be sleeping on the ground somewhere.  We'll likely be pitting with Spank and Peter (Metro and assembled-at-the-track-at-Houston24race Austin America).  Not sure if they need drivers as well.  Since you seem to be the only one so far pounding down the door for AZ, PM me your driver email address and I'll fire off an invite.

Which reminds me, Doug - If Peter is coming from Houston you might want to reach out to him about AZ -> TX transport as a backup plan if things go sideways.

Gone bye-bye

I've opened up a dialog with Mental to find where he's going to want to meet.  This is such a short turnaround, but we have 2 volunteers in the thread who should be able to make it happen.

I'm going to start a new thread for Gingerman logistics, drivers, etc.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Is the Nash street legal?

Mock Grass Racing                                                                     Slower Traffic, Keep Right
2017 - Introduction of the Kia Amanti; 2016 - Killed the Car at WRL
2015 - 4 Races, finished all; 2014 - Barber, Blew 2 Engines; CMP, Class C winner
2013 - CMP, Blew engine; CMP, Engine Overheated 2012 - CMP, FInished; CMP, Blew Engine

47 (edited by CPT_Trans_Continental 2015-12-22 02:21 PM)

Thompson to the Ridge or Olympic Cart Park or whatever it is called is ~3100 mi. The race before Thompson is at Thunderhill. The race after PNW in in SC. Not sure if anyone is interested in a July-August-October West Coast swing, but would be willing to run PNW or at least volunteer Mr. Cheezle to tow a little (family in CA, WI, and FL). It is near my birthday, so I usually can do whatever.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Mcloed wrote:

Is the Nash street legal?

We're working on that.  It needs headlights, a wiper and blinkers - Maybe.  Sasha is taking it to Maryland to get a tag for it.

It's mostly a race car but Sasha is planning on driving across the US to Arizona.

This space for rent.

cheseroo wrote:

[We'll likely be pitting with Spank and Peter (Metro and assembled-at-the-track-at-Houston24race Austin America).  Not sure if they need drivers as well. 

Which reminds me, Doug - If Peter is coming from Houston you might want to reach out to him about AZ -> TX transport as a backup plan if things go sideways.

Of course I'll have space and resources to share at AZ. I've, as of now, got seats open as well if someone wants to have a double-dose of misery.

Can't speak for Peter. But towing out a big-assed Nash AND an Austin America may prove incredibly challenging. Unless he can tow the America with the Nash. (FWIW, I don't expect the America to be running when it arrives at the track.)

Spank wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

[We'll likely be pitting with Spank and Peter (Metro and assembled-at-the-track-at-Houston24race Austin America).  Not sure if they need drivers as well. 

Of course I'll have space and resources to share at AZ. I've, as of now, got seats open as well if someone wants to have a double-dose of misery.

Can't speak for Peter. But towing out a big-assed Nash AND an Austin America may prove incredibly challenging. Unless he can tow the America with the Nash. (FWIW, I don't expect the America to be running when it arrives at the track.)

Now I'm really excited.  My first west coast region race and I get to see a major thrashing at the track up close.