Re: A DECADE OF DISAPPOINTMENT

So did any of the Altamont vets actually take up the free entry for this race?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

How many Maltese Land Yachts?

It Ain't My Fault

Judge Phil wrote:

This race will be popular, but you can't go by registration numbers right now-- I see 131 teams accepted, but that doesn't mean all of them will pay their fees and/or show up to the race.

With 131 teams accepted that will give a better chance for 100 teams to show up.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

79 (edited by Brett85p 2016-09-08 11:13 AM)

BoB wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

This race will be popular, but you can't go by registration numbers right now-- I see 131 teams accepted, but that doesn't mean all of them will pay their fees and/or show up to the race.

With 131 teams accepted that will give a better chance for 100 teams to show up.

Must be a record turnout for any type of race at Gingerman

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

There is no doubt that this is going to be the biggest turnout ever for a Gingerman Lemons race, and the best pit party outside of CMP. If y'all get serious about your barbecuing and general food-preparation skills, it is possible that you Midwesterners could do even better than those Southerners when it comes to a real paddock celebration. That's a tall order, though.

81 (edited by OnkelUdo 2016-09-08 02:54 PM)

A few of the Usual Suspects have been attempting to organize just such a party in Facebook Chat session but it inevitably degrades into discussions of getting Soggy a convertible Sebring for his new DD which course leads to discussions of strippers.

This same group reserved all but two (I think) of the electric spots on paddock row to facilitate said block party so if we can ever stay on point, we will likely have a plan to post here.  I think it needs to be a dysfunctional ezup tent city where Friday or Saturday night all teams converge on the paddock road from the timing tower to the gate, set up their canopy, grills, coolers, tables, whatever and basically compress the normal roving paddock party into 1/4 the space with 5 x the people.  They can leave all that crap there overnight since we have the quiet hours available to move it back assuming it is done on Saturday night.

Challenge accepted

Judge Phil wrote:

There is no doubt that this is going to be the biggest turnout ever for a Gingerman Lemons race, and the best pit party outside of CMP. If y'all get serious about your barbecuing and general food-preparation skills, it is possible that you Midwesterners could do even better than those Southerners when it comes to a real paddock celebration. That's a tall order, though.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Heads You Win, Tails We Lose racing will be making our first ever appearance at a Lemons race, or ANY race for that matter. Team of complete and total rookies, including one lady driver. 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII is our lemon of choice.

IOE Fall Gingerman 2018 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

phyveaux wrote:

Heads You Win, Tails We Lose racing will be making our first ever appearance at a Lemons race, or ANY race for that matter. Team of complete and total rookies, including one lady driver. 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII is our lemon of choice.

Welcome to the madness.  Even if you are not doing Test and Tune, try to ge the car there Thursday night if possible.  There is a large group of miscreants on the front paddock road between the tower and the gate that will be roaming the paddock...amongst them will be the guy you need to know if anything on your cage needs improved to pass tech and the rest of us bring boat loads of tools and spares...some for cars we do not even race.

OnkelUdo wrote:
phyveaux wrote:

Welcome to the madness.  Even if you are not doing Test and Tune, try to ge the car there Thursday night if possible.  There is a large group of miscreants on the front paddock road between the tower and the gate that will be roaming the paddock...amongst them will be the guy you need to know if anything on your cage needs improved to pass tech and the rest of us bring boat loads of tools and spares...some for cars we do not even race.

The-Guy-You-Speak-Of isn't coming until Friday, so I'm told.

But boat loads of tools and spares part will be.

Mark VIII -- nice.  Be curious if it has the coil spring conversion.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

Concept holds true.  Most of us can sniff out a tech failure by now anyway and give a heads up...if we are still sober enough by the time we get to his car.  Rare is it that a new car does not have to go fix SOMETHING small and often enough something big enough they need to start Friday as early as reasonable.

I'm having a hard time getting my hoopty finished, so I just might be thrashing on it Thursday night/Friday morning. If it is finished I can fix just about anything an engineer designs. wink

It Ain't My Fault

F.A.C.E. Racing will be rolling in Thursday night with 2 Wycked.  Currently working on some bizarre repairs, but when those fail we will be ready to party.

OnkelUdo wrote:
phyveaux wrote:

Thanks so much! Yes, we will be there on Thursday afternoon, and plan to test on Friday. Very grateful to everyone who offers assistance and feedback.

majo wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
phyveaux wrote:

The-Guy-You-Speak-Of isn't coming until Friday, so I'm told.

But boat loads of tools and spares part will be.

Mark VIII -- nice.  Be curious if it has the coil spring conversion.

Absolutely it does. We wouldn't have attempted this with the old leak air bag suspension!

We are a new team "SloNerd" and will be there Thursday with a 1990 Camry.  (most of the people have Lemons experience from past races/teams)  I will be brining a very quite generator that might be useful for powering some amps.

I am getting frigin excited.

Now FedEx just needs to find the rest of our cage they lost in transit.

I'll be at Gingerman repping NSF (but just with stickers, unfortunately the rest of the team isn't coming up) and will try to glom onto a team I'm familiar with... so watch out Dave and Soggy, Ronman is coming.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

I'll be at Gingerman repping NSF (but just with stickers, unfortunately the rest of the team isn't coming up) and will try to glom onto a team I'm familiar with... so watch out Dave and Soggy, Ronman is coming.

Ron, it will be great to see you, you're always welcome with us.

It Ain't My Fault

Thanks Dave! I'll apparently be hanging out with the Rambler, since that's at least tangentially Our Stupid Idea, but I'll be around and I'll definitely come by.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Judge Phil wrote:

I will bring my FM radio transmitter and antenna, for Radio Station W-MACHO-MAN. Everyone with an amplifier rig, bring an FM radio to plug into it. Then we can add some cars with loud stereos. It will be very LeMony.

I am going to order a bunch of stick-on mustaches and as many Macho Man hats as I can get Jay to buy. Please bring your own cop hats, Leather Daddy caps, hardhats, Indian headdresses, sailor caps, and cowboy hats. Remember, you're way more likely to win the I Love Pole award for your team's dancing if you are dressed for the role.

I can bring a Lemon-ized  FM transmitter that will provide some extra range.

RiceCar#314 - super slow white prelude...

We will be there.

Anyone driving 87 or 47? Just browsing alternative numbers that go better with our Abe Lincoln theme. If you have them and aren't going to actually make the race, can you let us know so we can grab them if you withdraw (or have them and don't really care about exchanging them for a case of beer) smile.

99 (edited by ViridianVixen 2016-09-19 06:41 PM)

Questions: How are the facilities at Gingerman? Similar to CMP? Less? Better? And how do they feel about dogs? Didnt see anything on the event info page.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

It's a tad on the "rustic" side. There's two permanent bathrooms, one by the front gate and the other on the other side of the paddock. Both have showers, though the likelihood of hot water depends on how many people are going to be there... There's also a few port-a-johns. It does have a little food stand, a timing tower were the judges will be hanging out, and like a classroom building. Dogs should be fine as long as they are on a leash.

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.