1 (edited by Kjdad 2017-09-04 12:21 PM)

Topic: Drivers wanted for Octobers Gingerman Race

Experienced drivers wanted!!  We need at least two drivers for the upcoming Gingerman race October 14th and 15th.  Drivers need to have complete race gear before the racing..including a helmet..shocker...  Check the Lemons rules before the race to make sure your gear is up to snuff.  The car is a 1984 VW Rabbit.  If you are over 6' tall you may be a bit cramped due to the car and race seat.

This is an arrive and driver setup.   Gas, food, camping, car, and car maintenance all will be covered with your fee.  Food and beer will be basic.  Hot dogs, burgers, PB&Js, and Coors light.  If your palette is more sophisticated then you are welcome to bring your own food/beer at your cost.

The cost per driver is $550 plus your Lemons licenses fee of $50. 

The car.  The car is a 1984 VW Rabbit.  This car has passed Lemons tech as it was built and raced by a previous team.  Not the fastest car in the world, but should be fun at Gingerman.  The co-owner and I have but a lot of time and effort to provide the best car we could.  The car is a 4 speed manual trans.  Please know how to drive stick before showing up..ha! 

Lemons understanding.  This is a Lemons low buck car.  We are doing to best to provide a car should run for both days.  With that said, due to the nature of this race the car could breakdown the first lap...first day...last minute.  This is the gamble we all take.  Once your $550 is spent..its spent... no refunds. 

Tim and I have about 10 Lemons races under our belts.  Even if the car craps out early it still a fun time to hang out..meet new people..see some cool Lemons cars and themes.

Email: flyinsvo@gmail.com

Car Pics:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2m7Q3q

Re: Drivers wanted for Octobers Gingerman Race

How much seat time does the $550 get you?

jmas wrote:

How much seat time does the $550 get you?

With 4 drivers it would be divided evenly.  2 hours on Saturday and one on sunday.

I don't have race experience, but I'm not new to real-wheel-drive cars with some power. I currently own an 83 RX-7 (slightly modified), a 1990 325i Touring I brought over from England (slightly modified), 2009 MINI Cooper Works Special...well...and an 81 VW Rabbit Pickup (just as slow as from the factory).

I've done autocross and I want to start doing Lemons races. My brother and I are beginning the conversion of an E28 to race next year.

I can be there fully equipped, pay my part of the fee, and learn quickly to help you achieve a win.

Thanks, in advance, for your consideration.

I'm 5' 9"...the official, German spec, perfect height for that car (I read that somewhere, I think...or was that the Yugo)?

Did you guys end up running at Gingerman? I looked through all of the pics and watched some videos but didn't see the old girl?

Butt Sweat & Beers.

6 (edited by cabinboy 2017-10-16 07:31 PM)

I thought I saw it with a new paint job

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

I assume this is the car in question?
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIF17/0803-_MG_3139.jpg

Terribly Awesome Racing
Dozen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

I saw this one Maverick, and I thought it was at first but it doesn't really look like the one I sold as #84 has factory rear side windows, the roll cage has a high 'X' style door bar, at least as it appears, this one has a roof rack and also factory headlamps in their correct location...

Butt Sweat & Beers.