Re: What brake pads are you guys using?

we have 4 sets of whatever we could find at the local autoparts store. we plan on upgrading to late model 5 lug brakes as a safety measure in the future, but budgets would not allow it for Sears Pointless. I expect to be easy on brakes, heavy on gas.

--------------
Mitch Morse
1984 Mustang GT
Orwellian Racing

None

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_8DMXP0Zd6Ow/SwrDdlWrLrI/AAAAAAAAC3Y/Rw5GrBwHf2w/s640/P1030100.JPG

We're trying Akebono ceramic composites.

Used Porterfield as back ups.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

Boy that sure looks familiar.

Has anybody tried Carbotech XP12s? Is that too aggressive? Should we stick with the XP10s? How well do stock rotors hold up?

We're running a 3000+lb Jag XJ6, and brake pad selection is poor (no Hawks, no Porterfields). EBC Yellowstuffs are available, but they sound like they don't take heat well.

EriktheAwful wrote:

Has anybody tried Carbotech XP12s? Is that too aggressive? Should we stick with the XP10s? How well do stock rotors hold up?

We're running a 3000+lb Jag XJ6, and brake pad selection is poor (no Hawks, no Porterfields). EBC Yellowstuffs are available, but they sound like they don't take heat well.

Are you SURE you can't get Porterfields?  They will make linings for anything.  You just need to give them an old set of pads and they will put new linings on your old backing plates.  Give them a call and ask.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I'll give them a call, but I'd still like to hear anybody's advice on the Carbotechs.

12s are a tad too agressive for street tires.  10s would be better.

I run 12's (front) on my camaro SS. Ran 8's on the rear. I got 8 hours out of them plus about 2500 street miles.  VIR and Shenendnoah were the 2 tracks.  Running weight was around 3800 @ VIR and 3550 @summit.

They aren't kidding about being "rotor friendly".

I'm debating on 12's or 10's for the turbo coupe'. Weight should be around 3000 w driver.   I'd like to get an entire weekend out of 1 set.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!