Topic: Possible driver opening for High Plains in October

We are a newish team. This will be our 4th race. We drive Taurus SHO's. Our newest car is an 89 that is pretty quick and has one race down with no significant issues. Looking for good guys. No drama. We are laid back. Biggest thing is taking care of the car. We used to be The Snowsnakes but are now team SHO Beats Workin.

Clint

Re: Possible driver opening for High Plains in October

I have little experience in competitive driving, where i'm actually in the car, but I do have know how on proper racing etiquette and not driving beyond my abilities.  I can wrench, I may not be the best a diagnosing a problem but I dont know how to use pretty much any tools. Promise not to "Clarkson" too much, I can drive a manual.  I live in Grand Junciton CO which is about 4.5 hours drive from the track. 
Personal skills include
Cooking like a Chef (hint I am one )
Going long periods of time with little sleep,
Eating all the foods at a buffet and feeling no remorse for the people that didn't get seconds.
Cant dodge a wrench, but can maybe dodge a ball
Finding happiness in complete misery ( see being a chef )
Being a repository of useless knowledge
General Wrenching ablities
Not minding bleeding while wrenching

Hello,

I've been an ARA competitive driver for two years now and will be competing in my first FIA sponsored race in May of next year. Currently, between the facts of life and just; well, life in general, the team I was with declared bankruptcy. Quite incredible seeing a repo truck take a rally car on Facebook Live. Anyway, the point is that I want to drive for your team. I can pretty much drive anything. Well, no. Never mind, I can't drive a motorcycle.

I'm a certified ASE mechanic. My undergrad is in engineering and at one time I was the best Halo 2 player in North America. Yes, that means I wear glasses.

Please give me the chance to change your oil

Prodriver from Minneapolis.  Come from the dirt track (3rd Gen Sprint Car Driver)  started in QT Midgets.  22+ years experience.   Have the money to help.  Not nescessarily a wrench but I am no stranger to doing work.

Still looking for a driver? I've been part of the Speedycop crew for yeras and relocated to CO last year. I ran the X90 & Miata crews for years and have well over a dozen Lemons races under my belt, plus lots of other crapcan experience (Chump and AER). Got started in NASA and did the whole HPDE formal racing school thing for a few years. Never been in a collision in over ~100hrs on track.. I can wrench on pretty much anything, I'm decently quick but don't really care about winning or even finishing as long as the price is right and the story is worth telling. I live in Steamboat Springs now, right on the mountain, so bonus points for making a friend with a place to crash if you wanna hunt some pow wink Might even be able to show up for a weekend to prep if the stars align! LMK

Thanks for the replies. We are full for this race but i am sure we will have openings in the future