Topic: Noob Team seeking members for the Minneapolis 500

So we had a team and naturally commitment has dissipated for a couple of members. I would like at least two if not 3 more members (2 would put us at 4 drivers, 3 people at 5). Currently we have a mostly untouched 2002 Ford Crown Victoria. Car has had the interior gutted but that is about it so far. I have been collecting parts as I find good deals. The cage will be ordered in the near future. We have a dedicated shop to work on the vehicle as well.

I need people that will be committed to seeing it through to the race in September both with the time and financial responsibilities. You don't have to be a master mechanic. I'm pretty well rounded and my dad is a a lifetime car guy with loads of "creative solution" experience. Neither of us have any experience actually road racing. I have done multiple experiences at Speed Vegas, but I know that's not at all the same. My dad was a drag racer back in the day. So you don't need to be experienced in that arena either. We just want a team of guys that want to go race and have a good time for now. we will worry about being competitive later. We are both really laid back and fun individuals, but be ready for relentless sarcasm.

If we cant get a whole team together by mid - July we wont be fielding this car for the September race. There is just too much work to do for a only a couple people working on it occasional weekends. If that happens I will try to find a seat with another team for that race but we will still continue to prep this car.

I am located in Wadena, MN and the car is in Aldrich, MN. We are just under an hour away from BIR (to the west) where the track is. I would prefer someone that is relatively close and can come work on the car a couple times a month.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy
Bourbon & Bad Choices Racing - 2002 Crown Vic

Re: Noob Team seeking members for the Minneapolis 500

I live relatively close, about an hour away, and would certainly be interested in joining your team. I've been racing Lemons for, jeez, seven years now, so I have a fairly good idea of how this all goes. I'm a machinist by trade and have a good deal of experience with metalworking and would be plenty willing to help build the car. You can send me a message at Fuhrman16 at homail.com

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

I live relatively close, about an hour away, and would certainly be interested in joining your team. I've been racing Lemons for, jeez, seven years now, so I have a fairly good idea of how this all goes. I'm a machinist by trade and have a good deal of experience with metalworking and would be plenty willing to help build the car. You can send me a message at Fuhrman16 at homail.com

^^^ I can vouch for this guy ^^^

Solid

and well-versed in at-the-track head gasket replacements

Would race with again. A+++++++

Maverick74 wrote:

I will be in touch, thank you.

Jeremy

Spank wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

^^^ I can vouch for this guy ^^^

Solid

and well-versed in at-the-track head gasket replacements

Would race with again. A+++++++

Thanks for that, it's always great to get a thumbs up about a potential team member from a third party

Jeremy

And getting an endorsement from Spank is like Tommy Lasorda telling you "this guy can play ball pretty well".

We are no longer seeking team members/drivers at this time. The car will not be ready in time for the September race. The build is still continuing, but we will search again when its complete or close to complete.

Thanks!

Jeremy