Re: THE PEOPLE'S CURSE RAN!!!!!

FreeRange wrote:

Double amen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3305/3567085728_1471d97cce.jpg?v=0

Our truck was $4k (triple salvage title), the camper was free (as in PLEASE take this off my property so I don't get a divorce), the trailer was $600 (sort of has brakes... sort of has a deck), parts car was $200 and our Lemons car was $400 (before selling about $350 in parts).

I marvel at the million dollar motor homes and trailers at Lemons.  John, you should join our team and we can mooch off your setup smile

I'm totally ok with us rolling this, Matt, because what it says about us is that we clearly don't have penis envy problems smile)  Now if only I could find the picture of that jeep at Reno on the trailer......

This was my first Lemons event, and definitely won't be my last. I had a great time, and learned a whole lot about racing. I was fortunate enough to be on the Race Hard, Race Ugly Team. The 2 cars were E30 BMWs, and they were solid driver's cars. I drove the #94 car with kwicker. Coming from Spec Miatas, the E30 had more passing ability than I was used to. I was also the unfortunate slob at the wheel when the motor slit it's own wrist.

SRSBSNS wrote:

Which team were you?

Our E30 *ALSO* ate our radiator hose (alternator death).... we got a generic hose and were back on in just under an hour...

How did you guys know you lost coolant? I didn't hear or feel anything besides a power loss (thought it was low fuel at first) and the temperature gauge held steady below half-way. I pulled into the pit on the next lap but it was too late. The position of the temperature sensor didn't give any indication of high temps.

About the Black Widow Miata: Running from the event was a sure sign of guilt (ask any highway officer). If you can't stand to see your car crushed, then don't bring it. I think it's against the spirit of Lemons competition to run from the People's Curse. Your heart definitely isn't in the right place if you've got too much attachment to your Lemons race car. But I'm a Lemons Noob, so what do I know?

Also, Lemons is an amateur, grassroots events. Pro drivers in a pro-built car just doesn't seem very sportsman-like. Maybe Daytona or Thunderhill is more their speed. But to wail on amateurs again and again at Lemons seems to be a bit weak, especially when you run from the People's Curse. I wouldn't ban anyone, but a REWARDS system of equalizing could work. Being penalized laps did nothing to slow the car down, maybe only strengthen their driver's resolve to push harder. Nor did it do anything to slow down the speed differential on the track, which is probably how the team go noticed. I think a Spec Miata restrictor plate or a few hundred pounds of ballast could have made things more interesting (like say, a 55 gallon drum of raw sewage bolted to their trunk or 300 lbs of roadkill in the passenger area). Maybe welding their bumper to Cajun Jihad's car, music blaring.

Having said that, I'm glad the Black Widow drew attention from our team.

And to Patrick: chill out. It's all for fun, ya big baby. :-)

Benson Young, Team Nemesis #88, debuting at MSR 2011
Raced Hard, Raced Ugly, got the nickels, moving on...

bky wrote:

And to Patrick: chill out. It's all for fun, ya big baby. :-)

Hey! Be nice to Patrick, I hear he's a very fast driver.

Though, to be perfectly honest, it could be the car. I think we should ban all Z cars, what with their peerless motorsport history and all...

-Dave

Judge Jonny wrote:
Eyesoreracing wrote:

We had a short no-look hand job in the pits about me being Judge Lavrinc's boyhood writin' hero and I was mercifully sent back out. Yes, things clearly could have gone worse for us in the penalty box.

-Dave

Fixed.

And for the record, I came running -- RUNNING -- over to bust the FrankenMiata (I relish any chance to totally screw up a race) and Lavrinc had already let 'em go.

Lesson from a winning team: Always carry wet naps in the car...

-Dave

A 4dr corvair Awesome !!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

I want to see the teams stacked with the best drivers start going with the likes of Spitfires, Zagatos, and Merkur Scorpios. Then they can really show us what they're made of.

132 (edited by MurileeMartin 2009-06-10 12:09 AM)

I like how the conspiracy theorists believe that we hosed the Black Widow Miata because we hate Miatas, two weeks after rigging the race to enable the Eyesore Racing Miata to win... because we love Miatas.

Then we climbed into the official Lemons Black Helicopter, put it in "whisper mode" and flew off into the swampy Louisiana night. Next stop, the secret shadow government headquarters underneath Denver International Airport!

Don't waste your time with those illuminati lizard-human hybrid clowns.   Here! is where you guys should be hanging out.

I'm sure we can come up with a miata to slake your rabid thirst if you do.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/DC4WSouthcounty/24%20hours%20of%20lemons/fj40renolemons.jpg

...this one or the military Jeep? RRT would gladly deliver the curse with this beast, especially to a "escaped" curse miata smile

MurileeMartin wrote:

I like how the conspiracy theorists believe that we hosed the Black Widow Miata because we hate Miatas, two weeks after rigging the race to enable the Eyesore Racing Miata to win... because we love Miatas.

I figured you don't care one way or another about Miatas, but you love Elvis and hate spiders.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

People's curse did not run they were #88 the unpatriotic jihad car.That the judges did not see fit to curse they were bad mannered spoiled rich people who started fights and cause a lot of issues out at the track.It does not matter that there car was not running at the time of the count we could have dragged it over there.Next time check you intercome system SHAME SHAME SHAME

DAISY101 wrote:

People's curse did not run they were #88 the unpatriotic jihad car.That the judges did not see fit to curse they were bad mannered spoiled rich people who started fights and cause a lot of issues out at the track.It does not matter that there car was not running at the time of the count we could have dragged it over there.Next time check you intercome system SHAME SHAME SHAME

http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/images/devcentral_f5_com/weblogs/macvittie/WindowsLiveWriter/CongratulationsYouareamoron_7EBF/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

The judges got busted what do you expect them to do but crawfish.I heard it along with about 20 other people.The cursed car is in LA.I hope the the bad mannered unpatriotic rich jihad come and play in Texas if they have the balls

Daisy101 is making friends!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

Holy crap, how old is this "daisy101"?  I expect my 2 year old to act like this, but an adult?  I don't even care about what did or didn't happen last weekend, I'm just tired of hearing the whining.  And since we know you're with the Miata team in question, you've got some nerve calling someone else out after you were the one who skipped town.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

141 (edited by weaksauce 2009-06-10 09:58 AM)

DAISY101 wrote:

The judges got busted what do you expect them to do but crawfish.I heard it along with about 20 other people.The cursed car is in LA.I hope the the bad mannered unpatriotic rich jihad come and play in Texas if they have the balls

cry me a river. please? I asked nicely.

20 other people?  So the intercom was only working near 20 people?  wow. so they isolated the intercom to only the area where the crybabys could here it?

It's a Miata, get him........

DAISY101 wrote:

Your premise is that the judges didn't want to curse a car they liked.

However, there is precedent.  They cursed team First Blood in Toledo last year, AND gave them organizer's choice.  So it wouldn't be unprecedented for a team to be given the curse and be liked by the judges.  Therefore, your argument is flawed.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

DAISY101  needs to HTFU!!!

A couple of points, if I may.

We never had the mic for the intercom during the day on Sunday when the votes were counted. Chris at the track did. Remember how we kept running around in the RAV4 with me shouting into the bullhorn? That's because we didn't have the mic. In fact, as I was shouting (and Jay Lamm was driving) Chris came over the intercom and told us all to go down and watch the curse.

Now, I'm calling BS on this "handshake deal" with Jay. Why? At Reno, some friends of mine had broken down on the way to the race. I was talking to Jay and he said something to the effect of, "I saw those bozos on the side of the rode and went like this." Then he mimicked planting his right foot through the accelerator.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:

Now, I'm calling BS on this "handshake deal" with Jay. Why? At Reno, some friends of mine had broken down on the way to the race. I was talking to Jay and he said something to the effect of, "I saw those bozos on the side of the rode and went like this." Then he mimicked planting his right foot through the accelerator.

Yeah, a deal to spare a team from the Curse would be incredibly un-Jay-like. He's happily- even eagerly- allowed at least one California team comprised entirely of his old friends to get crushed, and I'll bet he he told 'em to cry him a goddamned river next time they met at the ol' watering hole.

BoB wrote:

I figured you don't care one way or another about Miatas, but you love Elvis and hate spiders.

So when can we expect Jim Stafford to be the next guest judge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGJVA6pKWpw

1978 AMC Pacer - The Blue Flag Special
BFE GP '12 - IOE
BFE GP '13 - Co-Organizer's Choice w/ Speed Holes Wrenching

DAISY101 wrote:

Well as a driver of the "UNPATRIOTIC" car I just want to say that it was a theme that me and my friends found funny. I support our troops and have done plenty for them including donateing money for supplies and armor. I take it very personnal when I read this ignorant post about us acting unpatriotic since we knew we weren't going there to win but to have fun. We are not spoiled rich people and get up everyday like everyone else and go to work to make money to pay our bills. I was there all weekend and didn't see any fights or track issues that we caused. Sunday morning we had a rear main seal go out and had to run 45 minutes away to get another one just for everyone to race for 30 minutes. I am sorry to have to read this stupid statemet and we are planning on racing in Houston if all of our work schedules allow us to.

We spent $500 on the car that was a trade in at a local dealer and the only other money invested was paint and safety gear so we don't need to be rich if we followed the rules. The car is a 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage with 287,000 miles on it with an automatic transmission.

Cajun....your car was funny from the vids I saw online. Bring it to houston. smile

Arch......while I don't think their car was a real $500 miata.....they are out there. I was going to get a miata in houston for $750 and sell parts off it to get down to $500. It was a 91 with a 1.8L 94 motor in it. Running and driving.

My autocross car (92 miata) was purchased for $800 due to all the things not working on it. It could have been a Lemons car, but I didn't want to go that route with it.

I think our team could win with a miata if we found just the right one.....but it's still not easy. But I would rather do it in something else smile That's why I like our E30. It has problems and quirks that make it a challenge to keep running smile

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
1986 325ese Shitbox Lemons car (sold...blowed up)
1990 miata drift car...like the BMW only slower and with a twisted chassis :\

1walstib wrote:

I think all you whiners were just afraid the legit miata would beat your punk asses.

the barbie car was the legit miata, the rest are cheaters, like you I can assume from your statement.

It's a Miata, get him........

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/95/262414248_c45c8a2654.jpg?v=0