Re: Team Police Brutality is raising the IOE contender bar yet again...

Speedycop wrote:

So, none of you racers want to join us for a race here and there? Those of you who know us know we're a fun bunch of guys. You could cheat on your current team with us for races they aren't doing. What happens in Lemons...

...Well, okay, what happens in Lemons gets plastered all over the world wide web, so your mug may be posted on Jalopnik and related sites next to our cars, and your teammates may be like WTF DUDE?!?, but it will still be worth it... wink

I might be looking for an arrive and drive for the December 31 race, but it would have to be cheap(ish). I would love to be on a team with a crazy IOE contender, since we have yet to accomplish that goal, although we have 4 more races this year to try.

I'm not sure that I can convince my team to go though - and the idea of the season ending celebration that is being discussed sounds awesome. As long as the race doesn't get too much in the way of the party.

Zachreligious wrote:

I would love to be on a team with a crazy IOE contender, since we have yet to accomplish that goal, although we have 4 more races this year to try.

I'm not sure that I can convince my team to go though - and the idea of the season ending celebration that is being discussed sounds awesome. As long as the race doesn't get too much in the way of the party.

Joe-  We do have an Awesome slam dunk IOE contender I am working on with Jon...

Oh, and trying to convince me and Bob to come to a party, that part is easy...

El Capitan de los Bastardos De Lemons
1993 Linco Mark Ate
1957 Renault Dauphine
Driver with LemonSpeed's V6 Mustang

Not every driver helps with every build. We do make exceptions from time to time, like my lawyer friend from Chicago who's gonna race the Caddy in Detroit. We prefer serious build help, but if we lack a driver close to race time, we do what we gotta do.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

TheHeckler wrote:
Zachreligious wrote:

I would love to be on a team with a crazy IOE contender, since we have yet to accomplish that goal, although we have 4 more races this year to try.

Joe-  We do have an Awesome slam dunk IOE contender I am working on with Jon...

Oh, and trying to convince me and Bob to come to a party, that part is easy...

found  pic, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that may not survive getting on the trailer..........................

Speedycop wrote:

Not every driver helps with every build. We do make exceptions from time to time, like my lawyer friend from Chicago who's gonna race the Caddy in Detroit. We prefer serious build help, but if we lack a driver close to race time, we do what we gotta do.

You can bet your ass if I was anywhere near you I would be pouring beer down you and helping build.

But everyone cant be from Texas, so you have to live way up there....

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Speedycop wrote:

Was that your car? That thing looks AMAZING!!!

Ya, that was mine - there are times that I miss it, and lots of times that I don't. wink

Took me 10 years to get it to that point - then it was too pretty and I didn't want to drive it anymore, so I sold it.

"Chief Idiot" - Italian Stallions Rotary X1/9
Class Win (Bad) / IOE Win (Guzzi Fiat 600) / We Got Screwed / GRM Most from Least

MurileeMartin wrote:

The Italian Stallions can probably help with engine advice, so let me know if you need their contact info.

*tap, tap*  Is this thing on??

MurileeMartin wrote:

Also, an alternative to the Giselle theme (we love Group B):

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo91 … 5to4wf.jpg

The only thing Scorpion about an 037 are the door handles.

Here's a crazy thing - the Lancia Medusa - was a concept car done in the ragin' 80s, built on a Beta Scorpion chassis.

http://www.lanciabetamontecarlo.nl/medusa-giugiaro_Geneve3-08-web.jpg

Fiat/Lancia brought one to Concorso Italiano in Monterey about 5-6 years ago.  Funny enough, it's a Scorpion - check the engine bay photos.

http://www.lanciabetamontecarlo.nl/Medusa.html

Chris

Class Win (Bad) / IOE Win (Guzzi Fiat 600) / We Got Screwed / GRM Most from Least

cmice wrote:

The only thing Scorpion about an 037 are the door handles.

It was supposed to look like a Scorpion, which means Bondo and house paint can be used to make a Lemons Scorpion look like an 037.

MurileeMartin wrote:

It was supposed to look like a Scorpion, which means Bondo and house paint can be used to make a Lemons Scorpion look like an 037.

Bondo?  That's so 70s.  How about builders foam??

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2008 … d-pu-foam/