Topic: FS: 1991 SAAB 900S Convertible, Central CA. Moosehead not included.

This is a solid car. No rust. Good top. Decent interior. But none of that matters to you. You want to know how hooptie is it? Or what theme could go along with this and earn my team the $1000 "Best Costume" prize money? I was thinking about a "Sideways" theme for it. The SAAB 900 convertibly played a significant role in a movie and hasn't been done that I'm aware of. Act out scenes from the movie all weekend...except for the crash scene.

Honestly, this is a pretty decent, straight car. Too good for Lemons...other than it's not running right now. The car got hot, and I did not catch it. Prolly needs a head gasket. But I bought it from a friend in Atlanta and drove it across country without any difficulty prior to that. It has been parked in a garage since.

This is for sale for Lemons money to a Lemons team who will rally or race it. We just completed our first rally in the Kim Jong Elantra; so, we know you could also do both.

Here are some pics taken about 5 years ago.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-Xk9P3js/0/5f160604/O/i-Xk9P3js.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-HSh7X5J/0/392f31b8/O/i-HSh7X5J.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BBmd2HT/0/7c60f63a/X4/i-BBmd2HT-X4.jpg

What's it look like now? Pretty much the same if you can imagine it with an inch of dust on it.

Best to email for more info: motobill at gmail.

--bb

Re: FS: 1991 SAAB 900S Convertible, Central CA. Moosehead not included.

I very rarely say this but that looks too nice to LeMon up.  I'd fix and DD that OG 900 convertible.  I've had a few 900s and they make real nice cars.  Transmissions are made of glass though.  Clutch change takes about a half hour.  Engine is backwards in these with the "front" facing the firewall and the clutch up front by the radiator.  Remove radiator, yank input shaft out the front and clutch is ready to come out.  (900S = no turbo)

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Yeah, prolly should post 'er up on Saabnet and see who bites.

And when you say 'got her hot' was this 'bubbles in the coolant tank' or 'was told by a shop to get a head gasket done, didn't do so, and vented at least a quart of coolant into the crankcase when you tried driving through the Caldecott tunnel and failed' (not me...)

fleming95 wrote:

And when you say 'got her hot' was this 'bubbles in the coolant tank' or 'was told by a shop to get a head gasket done, didn't do so, and vented at least a quart of coolant into the crankcase when you tried driving through the Caldecott tunnel and failed' (not me...)

This was blew a hose and drove it home anyway. I did not diagnose the head gasket other than to assume (ass, you, me) that getting the car hot may have blown the head gasket. It may have also warped the head. I dunno. I just parked it.

Also, the car doesn't look like that now. It's been sitting in a garage for several years... It did sit outside for a few months during one California winter. So, it looks pretty cruddy now.

--bb