1 (edited by Spinnetti 2022-02-15 07:19 PM)

Topic: Don't Mess With Lexas! is looking for a Unicorn, won't settle

Once you read all this, I realize we could be single the rest of our lives, but life is too short to not have an optimal experience and I have no reason to settle. We can run a two-man team if we have to. We are a massive team of 3 people total.  Yes 3. Now, only 2 with our race wife retiring we need one more for our 3 way. Car is based in Dallas but arrive and drive is fine since no wrenching or prep by you is required unless you want to prior to race weekend. Your best attributes are being a generous, fast, safe driver. Looking for a long term relationship, not a hookup! Lately we've just been racing once a year in Houston but could be more with the right person.

About you:
- Around 6' tall. Sorry, we don't date short people; Its not a judgement, but because the seat is bolted/welded to the car and does not move nor will it. Neither does the steering wheel. Neither are in their stock position.
- Prefer nonsmoker as I don't like either the smell or the large explosions that might result from our questionable fuel handling
- You are experienced and can prove it with lap times/references/results and lack of incidents/contact/black flags. We want fast, but not BMW driver fast. Car is fast enough that poor judgement ends up in bad things happening very quickly and we want to minimize that risk. This is not a car to "cut your teeth on".
- Must be able to run consistently quick for 2hrs straight and not fade along the way; you'll get two of those and maybe a bit more in a weekend
- Funded. This crap can costs almost as much to run as the whole car cost to build per weekend and your bit would be 1/3 of the computed maintenance and upgrade cost, paid up front well before race day with no refunds. I do not mess around on money conversations and will ask just once before looking for another date; We need a sugar not Splenda daddy and all costs are shared equally to get us through prep/upgrades and the race weekend. On race weekend, I pay for everything (except hotel, your race license and food/personal items) so there's no digging in pockets or awkward conversations or arguing over expenses and receipts. Both of us are well funded and looking for the same. I don't like talking about money and If racing is a stretch for you, our team is not a match.

- No wrenching skill is required but bonus if you are skilled in aftermarket EFI and trans controllers. We have neither, but I'm lacking that expertise and would love to have it on the team particularly to teach me. The stock trans logic is not optimal and could really use better shift logic and better efi logic to improve fuel economy which would make a big difference in finishing position as we are fuel strategy not speed limited (we definitely don't need to be any faster).
- Bonus if you have 4dr truck/SUV & trailer, or at least a good tow vehicle and can do tow duty from Dallas (Typically I do all the prep, trailer rental pick up/drop off, tow both ways due to having a company car etc, and that gets tiring doing everything solo - the other driver comes from out of state).

About us:
- Car is the "Don't Mess with Lexas" LS400 with a stock automatic trans which is plenty fast enough to win overall with good driving and fuel strategy.
- There's just two of us, and only looking for 1 more to maximize seat time. If you want to bring a crew to fuel that would be great, but otherwise its just us 3 doing it all.
- We've been running this car for a decade and it is safe, very fast, very reliable, very easy to drive (now with electric power steering) and lighter than it looks. Although its a true lemon, its clean, well prepped and I believe in Colin Chapmans motto. Bonus if you know what that is.
- We do little to no wrenching at the track and bring very little in the way of supplies. I bring the car fully prepped and ready to go and prep it well before race weekend - no last minute stuff. I'm there to race, not to wrench and if we have to wrench we are out of the money anyway. Barring emergency, none of us should need to wrench on anything race weekend beyond giving the tires, brakes and fluids a periodic check if they need it
- We start every race on fresh tires, brakes and fluids which is a big factor in the cost, along with prodigious fuel consumption. Since we are in it to win it, its false economy to cheap out on anything or have to pit to change brakes, tires or anything else. Brakes are fantastic, don't fade and easily last the weekend without maintenance. Ditto on the tires and the rest.
- While normal wear and tear are included, if you hit something or it hits you regardless of why, you are on the hook to at least source and bring or ship the parts and preferably do the fixing at its home in Dallas. Its honor system after the race but don't want any more bad divorces.
- Tank is stock 22 gallons - we start full and run it dry then swap drivers - when it sputters bring it in, preferably not before. This usually means we each drive one ~two hour stint per day and depending on results, flags and fitness, one of us gets a bit extra. When not driving, you'll be on tap for fueling duty & running for fuel also.
- We run almost no instruments (no dash, no idiot lights, just gas gauge), usually no cameras and no comms. You can bring your own, but less stuff the better IMO. Not having other crap to worry about helps focus on driver responsibility, driving skill and good pit stops. (If you know about the responsibility implied by "PIC - Pilot in command" you will know what I mean) Besides, the best videos are from other peoples cars as we go by - plenty of samples available for your viewing pleasure from previous races smile

If you actually read our whole bio, you are much more likely to be a match than somebody that didn't! You can catch me on gmail better than on this forum, user name spinnetti. If you can't figure out that email address, you are also probably not a match lol.

Happy fishing!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Re: Don't Mess With Lexas! is looking for a Unicorn, won't settle

Spinnetti wrote:

Now, only 2 with our race wife retiring we need one more for our 3 way.

I believe the current parlance is "throuple."

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

Now, only 2 with our race wife retiring we need one more for our 3 way.

I believe the current parlance is "throuple."

ha, duly noted Eric! If you can think of a good match for us, let me know - I ain't ready to throw in the towel just yet!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

email sent

Captain of the Flying Scotsmen (https://www.facebook.com/groups/flyingscotsmen/)
Raced almost every West coast Lemons since the 2nd Altamont. Sometimes for two teams... wink
Best result: 1st at Miller '14 and a 1-2 finish at Sonoma '15.

flyingscotsman wrote:

email sent

Received and replied, thanks for connecting!

Spinnetti, I would be interested to connect about this.  I am spot on the size req and have been Lemons racing in CA since 2010 with Bassackwards Racing / Oktoberfest Racing (BMW 2002's) but having recently moved to Texas, don't get out as much as I would like.  We joke that we are a pro team as we inexplicably won Class B a few years back (Indie, small field).  I am not used to driving a car with power, but that sounds like a fun adjustment!  Let's connect off-line - gobluegreg1@gmail.com.