1 (edited by cjbauer 2022-09-08 09:57 AM)

Topic: Amateur wrencher hoping to join a team for the Ridge

Hello, 17 y/o motorsports enthusiast in Seattle here hoping to get into motorsport.

I'm looking to join a team for the Ridge 24 hrs. I've got decent mechanical knowledge, taken auto-shop classes, have done basic maintenance/mods (brakes, oil, coil-overs, etc), but also determination, a will to learn, and access to the internet. Can be a driver as well if you're desperate enough, only track experience I have comes down to a copious amount of simulator racing. I've been looking to get into motorsports in any way possible, and this looks like a super fun and interesting way to do so.

Anyways, shoot me a message if you're interested, I'll take any opportunity I can get!

9/8 Update: Still looking for a team, if you still need extra hands for your team, let me know!

Re: Amateur wrencher hoping to join a team for the Ridge

Appreciate your enthusiasm. You might want to post where you live. I'm guessing somewhere near The Ridge, but a team that may invite you to join would benefit from knowing your whereabouts.

We are in San Luis Obispo, CA. You would be welcome to join us at Buttonwillow to pitch in. We are running three cars and will take all the help we can get. We have all the seats filled, however.

--bb

3 (edited by cjbauer 2022-08-24 11:19 AM)

Thanks billy bee for the offer and the advice, unfortunately I'm located in Seattle, and can't reasonably make it down to California for the event. Best of luck to you, though!

billy bee wrote:

Appreciate your enthusiasm. You might want to post where you live. I'm guessing somewhere near The Ridge, but a team that may invite you to join would benefit from knowing your whereabouts.

We are in San Luis Obispo, CA. You would be welcome to join us at Buttonwillow to pitch in. We are running three cars and will take all the help we can get. We have all the seats filled, however.

--bb

Wait. Three cars? Is the third car a new one?

Since this thread has gone off track already, I'll just mention I don't think I've ever seen, and I wouldn't have ever expected anyone to write:

"... unfortunately I'm located in Seattle, ..."

6 (edited by rustytruck 2022-08-25 09:59 PM)

CJ Bauer,

What is your availability? We have build days on Saturdays in Bonney Lake, WA. I am inviting you to come check it out and see if you fit in with our team. We are just a bunch of  Loose Nuts. We will be painting one of our cars this weekend. Not sure if we have an open seat but we will have 3 cars at the Ridge.

rustytruck wrote:

CJ Bauer,

What is your availability? We have build days on Saturdays in Bonney Lake, WA. I am inviting you to come check it out and see if you fit in with our team. We are just a bunch of  Loose Nuts. We will be painting one of our cars this weekend. Not sure if we have an open seat but we will have 3 cars at the Ridge.

Awesome, I'd love to come check it out some time. I'm available most weekends, Sept. 10 is the earliest I'm available. If you could email me with some information about the team/meetings I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks!