Topic: Seat time for my wife...nearly anywhere in the country

Long story short....I'm a long time Lemons guy, 11 seasons, who-knows-how-many races.  I got remarried a year ago and my wife is bitten by the racing bug.  If you've attended a Lemons race this year, decent chance you met her at registration or HQ.  I was planning on getting a Lemons car so that she and my 18 year old son can experience it first hand.  For a variety of reasons, car ownership is not in my best interest, so this was going to be a "one and done" for the car.  The more I look at it, the less financial sense it makes.  It would be FAR cheaper for me to try to get my wife some seat time in another existing car.  I'll figure out my son later.

Does anyone have seat time they could offer a newbie?  She has done a few HPDE days, including a full weekend at Road Atlanta last weekend in our 128i.  She did great!  She's conservative, so she will show your car sympathy.  Even if you can only stick her in the car for some time on Friday testing, that's fine.  For her first time out, she probably wouldn't want to run more than 30 minutes-ish anyway.

It can be nearly anywhere.  Races we will be attending (working)....High Plains, NCM, Buttonwillow, Seattle, NHMS, Sonoma, Road Atlanta

If you can, let me know and name a price.  Thanks!!!

Three Pedal Mafia

Jack of all trades (???) Lemons staff

Re: Seat time for my wife...nearly anywhere in the country

I sent'cha an email. ;-)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...

Let's chat a bit at NHMS Steve. We are likely going to run the rookie car again at NJMP in June and we should have space there.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Sent you a PM about NCM practice day.

World record simca driver, kei car owner, zymurgist
1989 Merkur XR4Ti - Project Merkur Space Program - Winner "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)

Stop by Half-Fast Racing at NCM.  We may have open seats at Atlanta and Barber.

Stan in Bham wrote:

We may have open seats at Atlanta and Barber.

I'd run Barber again in an instant, Stan...

--bb

7 (edited by Stan in Bham 2022-09-08 12:01 PM)

billy bee wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:

--bb

You're in whether we run two cars or three. If we add the third car, we'll want more drivers. Hoping to meet Klayfish and discuss a package deal for his family, team focus/philosophy/competitiveness (or lack thereof), etc.

Stan in Bham wrote:
billy bee wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:

--bb

You're in whether we run two cars or three. If we add the third car, we'll want more drivers. Hoping to meet Klayfish and discuss a package deal for his family, team focus/philosophy/competitiveness (or lack thereof), etc.

We can definitely make that happen!!

Three Pedal Mafia

Klayfish wrote:
Stan in Bham wrote:
billy bee wrote:

--bb

We can definitely make that happen!!

Half-Fast Racing will be racing the white "Cosmo Beetle" and a Turtle-themed Miata. Planning to paddock on the eastern end if we can get the same spot we had last year. Look for the Cosmo "Kool Kat" tiger decals on the Beetle and white Dodge tow pickup, or the Miata with a sporty turtle paint job.  We're dragging our old green Beetle with us, too, since this is the Miata's first tech inspection.

If you see the red Beetle team, the other Cosmo team (two Audi TTs), or the Betty White white Golf, we'll be nearby since we're trying to all paddock together. 

We'll ask around for you when we get to tech.

10 (edited by Klayfish 2022-09-16 05:01 AM)

Sounds awesome!  Are you talking about the race at RA or Barber?  I want to try to lock in some seat time for my wife and son at RA.  With many thanks to KeiCarMike, my wife will get a little Friday testing time next weekend at NCM. 

Yep, I'll be able to find you no problem.  I know the two Audi's, that's Otown racing, I saw them last weekend at HPR.  I'm also familiar with the Betty While Golf. 

I'll be easy to find.  I'll likely have my safari hat on.  This is me at Joliet last month...sticking my tongue out for some dumb ass reason.

https://24hoursoflemons.smugmug.com/Rac … -sW7k78B/A

Three Pedal Mafia

Either or both (RA/Barber). We have 9 drivers and normally race 2 cars. One of our teammates is having so much fun that he decided to sell off the interior of his daily driver Miata and cage it, so instead of our pair of very marginally competitive in Class C New Beetles we'll be racing a "new" Miata and one of the Beetles this time around. We're expecting C Class again in the Beetle and will beg for B in the Miata (but honestly expecting A).

Been trying to interest a couple of friends in Lemons racing. If either one of them and a couple of more drivers want to race then we could easily justify running the third car at close races like Birmingham and Atlanta.  Always happy to help introduce new drivers to Lemons.