Re: Evil Genius Racing dyno day and get together

Nah... Jaguar is not ready yet... Pendejo keeps trying to get a few more HP and 50mph out of his new pit bike instead.

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice

Pete put the RV on the dyno

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

haha perfect, surprise us.  No telling what might show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHXdVznHYUQ

The estate will be there....might even run it on the dyno to see if I can break the magic 200whp mark!

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

The estate will be there....might even run it on the dyno to see if I can break the magic 200whp mark!

AWESOME !  I love the whole Lemons kicking ass at THill

When I took my Lemons car to T hill with the Grinch theme Honda I was catching guys in the cornersand they were getting mad because they were trying to action shots of there cars. I don't understand why ,POS car with Snow and grinch on roof catching 30k bmw ,gto and evos.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

fabtoys wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

When I took my Lemons car to T hill with the Grinch theme Honda I was catching guys in the cornersand they were getting mad because they were trying to action shots of there cars. I don't understand why ,POS car with Snow and grinch on roof catching 30k bmw ,gto and evos.

Agreed one million %... notice in the video how I always get the advisory pass flag....yet never got passed in the video.....I guess the starter just saw the sweet vette-stang-whatever behind me on the main straight and assumed it would catch me....BUT what he didn't see is me passing the same car on the back straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :>)

Yes Lemons racer don't exactly get "respect" in the pits...but it must SUCK when your $100k+ machine gets passed by a 26 year old $256 car...  Keep in mind this was the fastest DE group they had....its not like I was in with the rookies.... 

Its SO much fun when guys in nice driving suits walk up and ask about the car....probably expecting me to say its a monster LS conversion or something...& I say its a bone stock 4.7L 1984 engine that makes 195whp through a one legger automatic.....  You can really see their egos deflate!!!! 

Whats even worse is I am still a novice driver....I don't even have a "real" race license!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:
fabtoys wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

Agreed one million %... notice in the video how I always get the advisory pass flag....yet never got passed in the video.....I guess the starter just saw the sweet vette-stang-whatever behind me on the main straight and assumed it would catch me....BUT what he didn't see is me passing the same car on the back straight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :>)

Yes Lemons racer don't exactly get "respect" in the pits...but it must SUCK when your $100k+ machine gets passed by a 26 year old $256 car...  Keep in mind this was the fastest DE group they had....its not like I was in with the rookies.... 

Its SO much fun when guys in nice driving suits walk up and ask about the car....probably expecting me to say its a monster LS conversion or something...& I say its a bone stock 4.7L 1984 engine that makes 195whp through a one legger automatic.....  You can really see their egos deflate!!!! 

Whats even worse is I am still a novice driver....I don't even have a "real" race license!!!

HAHA that is funny.  You guys aren't even on real race tires or anything.  Deffinetly making the best of your cars, and probably having more fun than the guys in those wiz bang fancy race cars too. 

Brian i would be a little let down with you if you put tons of money into that car doing a monster ls conversion and did a hour and a half estate conversion to it.  I would expect it to look more like the widdow.

Hank
Thats the best part.....  Why build another "widow" when its already at your shop!!! 

Honestly I have more fun driving the Estate, since I don't worry about it!!!!  Even when I owned the Widow I worried about breaking or crashing it!!  I never crashed it, but damm was I good at blowing it up!!!!!!!!!  :>(

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

Ha, yea thats part of racing.... things brake and go wrong.  Its awesome that Lemons lets you guys still race and have that fun but takes that load off of you.

So looks like theres going to be some beautiful weather for us on saturday, you guys all ready?

I'll be dropping by, may hang out for the day, maybe test the camera setup in Brian's car, and show him the headphone amp I made for them.

Also, DMC (local club, mostly students but includes three Lemons drivers) is trying to get a crowd to go over.

m610 wrote:

I'll be dropping by, may hang out for the day, maybe test the camera setup in Brian's car, and show him the headphone amp I made for them.

Also, DMC (local club, mostly students but includes three Lemons drivers) is trying to get a crowd to go over.

Mike
The 928 won't be there...it will still be at Thunderhill unless I can find someone to pick it up Friday afternoon to trailer it back to the shop?

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:
m610 wrote:

Mike
The 928 won't be there...it will still be at Thunderhill unless I can find someone to pick it up Friday afternoon to trailer it back to the shop?

I'll do it. I won't need a trailer, but I WILL need someone to run a bandit-style diversion for me. :-D

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

"Sparky" Pete wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
m610 wrote:

Mike

I'll do it. I won't need a trailer, but I WILL need someone to run a bandit-style diversion for me. :-D

Its only about 90 miles from Thunderhill to the shop.....thats less than an hour easy....

I'll run blocker in my bright red "street" car...it tends to attract attention....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

icemang17 wrote:

Mike

Well hopefully things work out right and i can get it for you tomorrow night, Give me a call tomorrow.

The ESTATE will be there......Hank is the MAN...he drove to Thunderhill after work to pick it up for me!!!!!   I had to drive a time trial there today and managed to beat ALL the spec miatas!!!!    Rock on $256 cars!!!

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

If anybody wants to get ahold of me to check on the dyno day or anything of the sort, i got a new number, it is (916)671-0099.  See you guys tomorrow.