Re: Never before has so little power been made from so much displacement!

Marc wrote:

alright, you guys will be happy to hear that i've decided to give it a try to make the race.

"More badassery..."

"Extra cool wondrous stuff..."

"Brass balls for good measure..."

Yeay!  And YEAY!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

I should be able to shift into 3rd and 4th now:
http://frankensteinmotorworks.com/AirplaneMR2/IMG_0238.jpg
http://frankensteinmotorworks.com/AirplaneMR2/IMG_0240.jpg

no, I don't sleep much lately.  having a child should be a walk in the park compared to this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Imagine this project lasting 18 years. That's what you're in for.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now excuse me while I find a quiet place and cry for a little while.

Marc wrote:
hrlyTCH wrote:
Marc wrote:

yes, Caitlin is the one that deserves the award here. she's pretty awesome and she has a sister. but she's nothing like her sister smile

+1 to that (even though I'm single and that type of woman seems to be 1 in 100000 or so)

no idea how to find them, i got lucky. but here's how you tell if the one you found is the one:

propose on a trip like this:
http://marclabranche.com/WOB/MarcCait/i … G_2527.JPG

If she says yes and does not change her mind after eating dirt for 700miles through the desert, hold onto her forever!

that's awesome and looks like absolute fun. hope to see you at the track and be able to give a helping hand.

Blissfully naive... Ahhh... Those were the days.  You think you're busy now...  smile

EriktheAwful wrote:

no, I don't sleep much lately.  having a child should be a walk in the park compared to this

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Imagine this project lasting 18 years. That's what you're in for.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now excuse me while I find a quiet place and cry for a little while.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

706 (edited by Marc 2012-01-16 05:05 AM)

alright guys, i really need your help here.

i'm reasembling the transmission but it's very obvious that there are lots wrong with this thing and will likely only last a few laps.

thankfully the transmission is more available than i thought. it's from a 1993 subaru impreza L 2WD (the 2WD is CRITICAL)

car-parts.com shows a few sprinkled all over so i'm sure one is close to someone coming to the track.

I'll pay for the trans and if the judges don't give you a get out of jail free card for this i'll buy one from the charity of the day to get you one.

I don't want 3 transmissions to show up so please post a message here if you can get one and call me [redacted for spam bots]. I'll be up for several hours working on reasembly. call any time.

car-parts shows some in the following locations nearby:

Auto & Scrap Recyclers USA-WI(Milwaukee) E-mail 414-354-8300
Bilderback's Auto Parts, Inc. USA-IL(South-Beloit) Request_Quote 1-800-566-1859
American and Import Auto Parts USA-MI(Sterling-Heights) Request_Quote 1-888-839-3799
Appleton Auto Recyclers- RP+ Member USA-WI(Appleton) E-mail 1-800-352-1055
Broken Wheel Auto Parts USA-OH(Cleveland) Request_Quote 1-216-941-4488
M & M Import Salvage USA-KY(Alexandria) Request_Quote 1-859-635-3600
Automotive Recyclers USA-MN(Rochester) E-mail 1-800-657-4403 Request_Insurance_Quote
Cookstown Auto Center Ltd. Can-ON(Cookstown) E-mail 1-705-458-4366
Hayward Auto Salvage USA-WI(Hayward) E-mail 888-414-7611 / 715-634-4594

please make this happen guys!

HELP HIM!  The rest of us are watching from afar (too far to help in my case) but this SO needs to happen!!!

Jamie Palmer  tr6driver@yahoo.com
Austin Powerless Racing  '75 Austin Marina, 44th/IOE Summit Point '13, 35th/1st Class C CMP Fall '13, 23rd/3rd Class C CMP Spring '14, 83rd/14th Class C CMP Fall '14 (blown engine/swapped mid-race to finish), 3rd Class C CMP Spring '15, 2nd Class C CMP Fall '15
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-Po … 3187341573

Yeah, we'll give a GOOJF card for any team that helps Marc out.

Will it fit in a Suby Forester and can it show up around 1pm or so Friday?

If so I will make this happen.

Daniel Sycks

Looks like I will be swinging through Detroit to pick up a trans.

Booyah!!!

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

Will it fit in a Suby Forester and can it show up around 1pm or so Friday?

If so I will make this happen.

looks like we have this solved, i just spoke to Dan (dsycks) on the phone and he's going to save our weekend in a pretty serious way.

there are a few yards his direction so i'll call around tomorrow morning and check which one has good inventory on car-parts.

WOO! crisis averted. heading back out to shop to finish assembling car.

Yo Phil!? As I am not running this weekend can I carry over my GOOJF card to another event? wink

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

Yo Phil!? As I am not running this weekend can I carry over my GOOJF card to another event? wink

GOOJF cards never expire. So, yes. In fact, I'll give you two of them if you get Marc a transmission.

Turns out the nearest yard has this exact transmission, pulled and tested good, only $250.  Let me know if you need a spare...

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

715 (edited by Marc 2011-04-13 09:54 PM)

obsolete wrote:

Turns out the nearest yard has this exact transmission, pulled and tested good, only $250.  Let me know if you need a spare...

when are you showing up to the track? that's half the price of the one Dan was planning on picking up.

plus i think it would save him about 100miles of out of the way driving.

716 (edited by Spank 2011-04-13 10:56 PM)

get 2. Post an email addy where we can send paypal donations. Or Baby shower gifts.

Alright, it's 3:00am and the todo list is pretty small now:

1) figure out the final details on the replacement transmission
2) kill switch
3) roll bar padding (tracking number says it will be here tomorrow)
4) ignition and start switch panel
5) plug firewall holes
6) get tires installed & get alignment (it's 100% necessary with the new crossmember)

after that all i have to do is pack up and head to the track. I should still be able to make it thursday night but at worse i'll make it friday morning.

Friday night i'll do a transmission swap.

I've been showing my co-workers the videos with each update. They're getting tired of it, but I really want to show them video of this beast racing. Good luck getting it on the track!

EriktheAwful wrote:

I've been showing my co-workers the videos with each update. They're getting tired of it, but I really want to show them video of this beast racing. Good luck getting it on the track!

Ditto.  Good luck Marc!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I can pick up the tranny in Detroit and have it there Thursday night / Friday morning if NECESSARY.  I have some time to kill between 3:00 pm today and Friday morning. 

Let me know!

Rob

seven two four 433 two 958

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

I can pick up the tranny in Detroit and have it there Thursday night / Friday morning if NECESSARY.  I have some time to kill between 3:00 pm today and Friday morning. 

Let me know!

Rob

seven two four 433 two 958

damn i just called the yard in detroit and they don't have it anymore.

alright, I found one in Alexandria KY and Dan (dsycks) is going to pick it up today. it turns out most of the inventory for this parts was off, there weren't that many yards that actually had one on hand.

here's hopping it's in running condition.

I can't believe Dan is driving about 250-300 miles to get me a transmission. and that's before even the long drive to Michigan for him.

todo list is down to:
1) roll bar padding (tracking number says it will be here tomorrow)
2) plug firewall holes
3) get tires installed & get alignment (it's 100% necessary with the new crossmember)

Marc, this is a fun little adventure for me and next to the epic effort you have put into this, its a small sacrifice to make.

All I ask is that nobody tells my wife that "A parts yard just outside of cincinnati" actually means Kentucky. That would be baaad. wink

I also have to break the news to FJ40Jim that his cozy ride north tomorrow morning will now be in a Forester with a trans in the back and not in a nice cozy 3 series. Guess he will have to sleep through the wind noise. Ha!

Daniel Sycks

Marc, I'm a total noob who's coming up from the Chicago area early Friday morning just to spend the weekend watching the insanity. I'm riding by myself in a Chevy Silverado so if you need anything picked up I'd love to be able to say I helped.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

What was that, I can't hear you in this claptrap Subie?  I thought we were taking the E36?

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...