Re: Never before has so little power been made from so much displacement!

Thumbs up to all activity on page 29

Mike Peters
Former rotary brat pioneer.
3.17.08 Jalopnik Hoon of the day.  #hasbeen
1984 Dodge Rampage, A few SHO engines, a Mustang 8.8, and a lot of hot glue going on now.

Marc, you have mail.

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

FJ40Jim wrote:

What was that, I can't hear you in this claptrap Subie?  I thought we were taking the E36?

If you think the trans will fit in the trunk then sure! Lets rock it on up there! wink

I for one am not too excited about the thought of trying to hoist that SOB over the lip and down into the trunk. Forester it is!

Just be happy I'm going now to get the thing and not just leaving at 5am to get to the trans at 8am and then go on up to Mich. You get to keep your extra sleep and we make sure this trans is not a paper weight prior to close of business today.

Daniel Sycks

PS- Who else is willing to kick in a few bones to let obsolete grab the trans from Minn and bring it so we make sure that we have two working units at the event in the interest of seeing this beast actually FINISH this event?

I got $50 to the cause? Who else is in?

Daniel Sycks

What's the paypal address? I'm completely broke, but I'll toss in $20. Every little bit will help, especially if a bunch of us kick in.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

What's the paypal address? I'm completely broke, but I'll toss in $20. Every little bit will help, especially if a bunch of us kick in.

This +1

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

How about setting out a donation bucket at the track?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Ill bring some extra dollars for the cause.  I wanna hear this thing!

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

you guys really don't have to, but if you send it to Marc@marclabranche.com i'll get it.

and obsolete will be bringing that 2nd trans just incase.

as a side note, she got onto the trailer under her own power. heading to the tire/alignement shop now.

after that i gotta pack up tools and clothes and i'm outa here.

note the aluminium heat tape homage to speedycop smile

http://frankensteinmotorworks.com/AirplaneMR2/IMG_0241.jpg

That's a beautiful sight!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Marc wrote:

you guys really don't have to, but if you send it to Marc@marclabranche.com i'll get it.

and obsolete will be bringing that 2nd trans just incase.

as a side note, she got onto the trailer under her own power. heading to the tire/alignement shop now.

after that i gotta pack up tools and clothes and i'm outa here.

note the aluminium heat tape homage to speedycop smile

http://frankensteinmotorworks.com/Airpl … G_0241.jpg

I have no doubt that you have dug yourself a giant financial hole with this project. I know, I'm there myself. It's only a measly $20, but I sent it. I did notice the aluminum tape, BTW. It takes seconds, it shows up nicely, and it's easy to remove. :up:

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

See you tomorrow.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5619360477_3b4d2be76c_z.jpg

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

well, the cars are all ready now. i just need to pack myself up.

but i'd be lying if i did not say i felt quite unsure about how many laps that airplane car will turn.

i'm taking the first stint and i would not be surprised if there wasn't a 2nd stint in that car. but hey, that's why we have the backup car.

if someone hasn't left yet and wants to help, it just occured to me that some spare chain may be a good idea.

the alternator drive is #40 chain (80 links) and the main drive is 630 motorcycle chain. 

both are showing obvious signs of wear.

740 (edited by dsycks 2011-04-14 06:28 PM)

We get lots of bike guys down here in the Hocking Hills. Tomorrow before I head north I will just roll past the Holiday Inn Express and grab a bunch of chains off the bikes outside.

Hope that helps.

PS- With the spare trans you could do a real nice Locost Midi for your next project. wink

Daniel Sycks

dsycks wrote:

We get lots of bike guys down here in the Hocking Hills. Tomorrow before I head north I will just roll past the Holiday Inn Express and grab a bunch of chains off the bikes outside.

Hope that helps.

PS- With the spare trans you could do a real nice Locost Midi for your next project. wink

nice. that's not the punchline i was expecting from a holiday-inn joke smile

So where does one get such spare chain? (shows how much of a noob I am).

cabinboy wrote:

So where does one get such spare chain? (shows how much of a noob I am).

right now i'm using oversized 630 drag chain but the sprockets will run regular 630 chain without a problem. any motorcycle shop should have it. there just isn't one open by the time i will be leaving town.

the #40 chain for the alternator is a bit more of an industrial application and not as easy to find.

How much 630 chain?

cabinboy wrote:

How much 630 chain?

one chain is fine. i need about 74 pins and they are usually sold in 110 pin + master link packages

Guess I'll sleep in and bring some chain for you. You think I can find that #40 chain at McMaster? I live about 10 minutes from them.

cabinboy wrote:

Guess I'll sleep in and bring some chain for you. You think I can find that #40 chain at McMaster? I live about 10 minutes from them.

oh fantastic! mcmaster is the best place to get it.

I need the following part numbers: 7210K214 & 7321K35 and that will give me everything I need for a spare alternator drive/cam position

I'll bring both chains tomorrow. See you at the track.

cabinboy wrote:

I'll bring both chains tomorrow. See you at the track.

you rock! Thanks!

If I weren't heading to VA to fix a leaking rear main on my car, I'd be contemplating a road trip to watch this bad boy in action.  Hope she holds together, Marc!

Mod Squad Racing
http://twosrus.com