Re: Suggestions for IRS/IFS

Might I suggest a motorcycle engine?  Check out this part as you will need one:

http://peterdmotorsports.com/parts-db/c … cts_id=555

As for your suspension the only car small enough to not double the wheel track of that car will be a Chevy Sprint or a Festiva.  The Festiva is a Mazda and shares a lot of parts with other Mazdas.  Subaru Justy 4X4's have a very nifty and small rear suspension and diff..

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

A Jag rear is way too big and beefy for that. Come to think of it, I wouldn't bother with IRS - a well set up solid axle will handle just as well as bolting in an IRS that wasn't designed for it. If you absolutely must have IRS, an early Z car or 240SX rear end would probably be the easiest to find.

I'm going to go see a 1990 S-10 5 speed 4 banger this weekend - ran when parked with fuel issue.  Going to pick it up for $200... anyone know how that drivetrain would fit this crosley?

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas

IgnoranteWest wrote:

I'm going to go see a 1990 S-10 5 speed 4 banger this weekend - ran when parked with fuel issue.  Going to pick it up for $200... anyone know how that drivetrain would fit this crosley?

I think that stuff will be way to big.

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Some kind of Swedish baker delivery truck theme happening for this??

Maybe the engine is a diesel??

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

This car has a very spindly ladder frame, a torque tube rear, a crashbox, and in your case, some kind of flathead.  The brakes are horrible beyond redemption (I know this!), the bumpsteer is probably going to be spooky at speed, and you will be impaled by the steering column.

The only sensible thing to do is drop the body over a TR6 chassis to give you the best that American appliance styling and British durability have to offer.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

32 (edited by Evil Genius 2010-06-19 11:48 AM)

Miata, Miata, Miata......    rear subframe has six bolts (3 per side in a line and on the same plane) + the shock top mounts.  Best. IRS. Rear. Subframe. Ever.  Add flares to cover the width...    Front subframe is similar....   hard to beat and cheap.

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

IgnoranteWest wrote:

looks like another firewall build in the future for somebody.....

2wd S-10s have narrow rear axles- I know this only because I'm putting one under the Z600, and it'll only stick out a little.
Figure 52" or so for a stock rear end, the '87 housing I got is 48" seal-to-seal.

2x Volvo PV544 (RIP '63) B20 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 143 races and counting.
2/25/24

depending on how brave you are, you could make your own IRS. just use miata parts and make your own arms? what suspension is already in the car?

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas