Re: Gormless Racing MGB-GT takes Real Hoopties of NJ Index of Effluency

DaveG wrote:

Uh oh. I hope the judges aren't having second thoughts now before Loudon Annoying. This Volvo 240 really is that terrible! I still fondly recall your proclamation at Summit Point last year that ours was the most hooptie-ass Volvo you'd ever seen. It kind of made the whole team feel warm and fuzzy inside.

At tech in FL John said "your car is a piece of **** but you guys can drive, class A, 0 laps".  I thought our car was pretty good actually.  It just didn't have any power.

FastISH and the FURRiest 1991 Volvo 240 wagon
WV 13th, FL 8th (GRM), NJ 8th (B win), WV 4th (B win), NC 14th, NJ 14th, WV 62nd,  NH 17th, NY 54th
2012 Sears Point Outlaw...74th!

Lemons trivia: Of the five Lemons HQ staffers who flew east for the race, four are ex-MGB owners. Jeff, Jay, and I all have the character-building experience of having had daily-driver MGBs. This is how we know how ungodly terrible those things really are. Well done, Gormless Racing!

Holy crap! I sneak away for a few days and the whole @#$% world goes crazy...

Congratulations Gormless Racing!! Bravo!!

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

DaveG wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Most Volvo 240s aren't terrible enough to get Class C. 140s, 260s, Amazons, etc- those can be Class C.

Uh oh. I hope the judges aren't having second thoughts now before Loudon Annoying. This Volvo 240 really is that terrible! I still fondly recall your proclamation at Summit Point last year that ours was the most hooptie-ass Volvo you'd ever seen. It kind of made the whole team feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Even more hooptie-ass than a rusted out '66 Amazon?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Kudos from the "other" British rolling chicane at NJ (TR7 V8).  It just goes to show that staying out on the track with 1800 ancient pushrod ccs is a lot more valuable than 3.9 liters of mis-timed V-8.  From what I could see, that little B raced clean all weekend, and I think it was a well-deserved result.