1 (edited by esteemz 2018-10-29 08:15 PM)

Topic: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

Looking to get rid of it or it will go for scrap if it is still here over the weekend.

No tail lights, headlights, or front grill.

Comes with 7 wheels. Tires are all garbage.

It has a 2 liter in it with the fuel injection and all. I will give it to you free if you don't want the FI stuff and the cylinder head. I can give you a cracked cylinder head and a full weber carb setup that needs a rebuild.

The thing about the engine. I blew a hole out the side of the block when the auxillary shaft hit the #2 rod. Motor should be ok? I replaced the aux shaft with another one. I can include a spare 2L block as well in the deal. I also have a spare trans. Also have spare axles. We can make a deal with or without all of that stuff.

No rust except for some small surface rust on some sanded down body panels when some body work was done(attempted).



https://i.imgur.com/T8ErjN2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/E3HsnB9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/K7n28Cu.jpg

just some old photos I have uploaded. I cleaned within the past year and it had been run somewhat regularly before the aux shaft blew a hole through the side of the block.

PM me for a phone number and/or we can discuss further.

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

McDads/A FART Racing could use a sister team!!!

I have a spare engine and can help you get it installed and running. Do not have welding skills for cage etc. Do not have storage or work space for the car.

Esteemz, don't junk it. If nobody else wants it I will take it.

Captain of McDads/A Fart Racing - new team for 2017 - 1977 Lancia Scorpion
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

zanzabar88 wrote:

Esteemz, don't junk it. If nobody else wants it I will take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TkjEdB1kE

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

Spank wrote:
zanzabar88 wrote:

Esteemz, don't junk it. If nobody else wants it I will take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TkjEdB1kE

So says the guy who sent him down the road to perdition.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita" 
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)
1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless)
1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites) (Sold -> Houston.  Gone and forgotten)

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

cheseroo wrote:
Spank wrote:
zanzabar88 wrote:

Esteemz, don't junk it. If nobody else wants it I will take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-TkjEdB1kE

So says the guy who sent him down the road to perdition.


LOL

Spank, you'd make a pretty good drug dealer.

Captain of McDads/A Fart Racing - new team for 2017 - 1977 Lancia Scorpion
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

On seventh thought, I can't make this project work. Not enough space to store it or time to work on it.

Someone please take this car!!! I will help you build an engine and get it set up for racing!

Any newbies want to start up an A FART Racing sister team?

Captain of McDads/A Fart Racing - new team for 2017 - 1977 Lancia Scorpion
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

Wish I could take it. It'll make an epic Lemons car. I'm on East coast.

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

zanzabar88 wrote:

On seventh thought, I can't make this project work. Not enough space to store it or time to work on it.

Someone please take this car!!! I will help you build an engine and get it set up for racing!

Any newbies want to start up an A FART Racing sister team?

I've been dying to start Lemons racing.  Just practically gave away my 69 plymouth satellite station wagon that I wanted to Lemons race.  I'm not terribly far from you up in Fort Bragg.  I have a truck, car trailer, and other possible contributions to a team.  I'm all for racing this car.

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

YES! e8r23i80c, let's do this. You'll need a few teammates and several $1000 to sink into this thing. If you can weld your own cage, or know someone who can, you can save $1000 or more. I'll help you do all the planning and etc. We might be able to get it ready by Sonoma in March.

Captain of McDads/A Fart Racing - new team for 2017 - 1977 Lancia Scorpion
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

10 (edited by e8r23i80c 2018-11-08 05:47 PM)

Re: $300 to free 81 Lancia beta zagato in San Jose, CA

zanzabar88 wrote:

YES! e8r23i80c, let's do this. You'll need a few teammates and several $1000 to sink into this thing. If you can weld your own cage, or know someone who can, you can save $1000 or more. I'll help you do all the planning and etc. We might be able to get it ready by Sonoma in March.

Teammates are an issue. As is my lack of welding knowledge. I'm great at tearing shit apart....but putting it back together and making it work is another story. I sort of misunderstood....thought I would be joining a "second" team of yours. I've combed this small town and can't really find anyone as serious as me that can also contribute (I have some money to throw at it but I can't support a whole team of broke people). Anyone in the NorCal area reading this wanna throw a team together and "race" this glorious machine?