Topic: Florida Man, A Lemons Rookie, Thinks He Can Hack It At Thunderhill

THUNDERHILL -

Kevin, a total racing newbie who recently moved back to NorCal after several years in the Florida swampland, thinks he has what it takes to run with the big dogs in the upcoming Yokahama 5-Mile Tyre Festival.  With no track experience, he is hoping a few autocross days and the rally driving classes he took in New Hampshire and Norway will be enough to get him behind the wheel. 

"I've learned a lot, but its time to actually get on a track" he told reporters.  "Honestly, I'd settle for a few practice laps the day before.  Anything to get my feet wet and scope the scene would be a huge win for me."

When asked about technical experience, the rookie was able to tell a socket driver from a crescent wrench, and even the difference between a camshaft and a crankshaft.  "No, I'm not a mechanic, but I can turn a wrench and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.  I'm very willing to help prep the car and work the in the pit" he added. 

Only time will tell if he's any good at driving.  Any teams with an open seat and opener hearts are advised to call the fledgling driver at 831-359-2510.

-Kevin Jerde contributed to this story

***Sarcasm aside, I am looking to join a team for Thunderhill.  I'm happy to help any way I can, and will chip in cash and beer.  No track experience besides the two rally classes and a little autocross, just looking to get in the seat and get a feel for the series as a whole.  Thanks guys!***

Re: Florida Man, A Lemons Rookie, Thinks He Can Hack It At Thunderhill

DirtBeforeDishonor wrote:

"I'm very willing to help prep the car and work the ... in the pit" he added.

Work the WHAT?  We must know. 

Work the jackstand?
Work the kitty litter?
Work the tire pressure gauge?
Work the window net?
Work the other teams?

Unfortunately the database is closed, so getting a team at this hour is probably a long shot.

With that said, don't hesitate to come out to the track and meet some teams and get a feel for Lemons.

#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders

Well I’m not pretty enough to work the street corner...so yeah, working any of those other things sounds good to me!  Basically just happy to help out where I can.

Thanks for the response - I’ll plan on showing up and checking it out regardless, and hope something opens up!