1 (edited by derekste 2020-07-17 10:01 AM)

Topic: FREE Saab Sonnett FREE John Pagel Cage FREE delivery?? EASY FREE IOE!!

I picked up the motor and trans for this car from Steve McD in June with hopes of reuniting it with the chassis.

I am picking up the chassis on July 24 from Northern Michigan.

I do not need another race car and would like to have an exit plan in place for this before I pick it up (Ideally you live somewhere between UP Michigan and Northen Illinois and I can just drop it off before it ever makes it home...)

Never seen the car in person, so details are sparse... but it:
-has been sitting outside for 3 years - but made of fiberglass so probably not much worse for the wear
-has a John Pagel cage (likely not to need updates to meet current rules)
-motor is a V4 (cool factor)
-is FREE

Free delivery to anyone willing to give me a drive at its inaugural race.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Re: FREE Saab Sonnett FREE John Pagel Cage FREE delivery?? EASY FREE IOE!!

Is this the engine and transmission that I gave Steve at The Ridge from my former towing 96 or is this the set that he took out of the Sonett? If it's the former, they were in working order when I parted out the 96 for multiple non-powertrain issues about a week before passing them along to him and, as far as I know, they've never been installed in anything since then.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP

Uhh, it's not such an "Easy IOE". Ask Steve... But certainly an IOE at its next event is the next owner's to lose.

Great news that it is finally getting rescued. I'd mentioned to Steve before that if it could find its way out West that I would happily get it ready to take the track again. But it's even better that it be done out that way in capable midwest hands.

Hey, my name is Dylan and live in the Northern Illinois area (Specifically in Arlington Heights, IL). I'm wondering if you could deliver it here. This looks like the perfect car for my friends and I to start racing with. Email me at weathermangross@gmail.com if you have any questions. I would definitely take it to it's inaugural race at Autobahn Country Club or any other race that's close and soon! I would also let you drive in it.

From - Dylan.

Actually, now that I think about it, this won't work out. I'm sorry.

weathermangross wrote:

mid-engine, fwd rarely does

mharrell wrote:

Is this the engine and transmission that I gave Steve at The Ridge from my former towing 96 or is this the set that he took out of the Sonett? If it's the former, they were in working order when I parted out the 96 for multiple non-powertrain issues about a week before passing them along to him and, as far as I know, they've never been installed in anything since then.

all signs point to yes

Spank wrote:

Uhh, it's not such an "Easy IOE". Ask Steve... But certainly an IOE at its next event is the next owner's to lose.

Great news that it is finally getting rescued. I'd mentioned to Steve before that if it could find its way out West that I would happily get it ready to take the track again. But it's even better that it be done out that way in capable midwest hands.

it's always easy when I'm not the one doing the work! smile

weathermangross wrote:

no worries -- 'sale' pending to Chad since he's going to help me get it back from MI.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?