Topic: 1994 Mercedes S500, caged… Phoenix AZ, $1200

This one IS mine. We’re heading in a different direction with a new build. Where to begin? This is a veteran Lemons car, has ran 14 races with 1 recent entry in Lucky also. I helped with the build back in 2012, and drove it every time it’s been to the track. Can answer about any question pertaining to it.

The good: Cage is great, never a single question during all those times through tech. We had it done with the biggest DOM tubing, NASCAR bars on both sides, two harness bars for different heights, at Fathead Fabrication in AZ. 
Lots of recently replaced parts- new windshield this year, new fuel pump with a spare still in the box, new radiator in 2020, sway links, upper control arms, CV boots.
Big spare parts pile included. 3 16” alloys and 10 17” ones (two complete sets and a bunch of oddballs)- 2.65 and 3.46 diffs, some brake calipers, engine wiring harness, throttle body, I’m sure some more bits I’m forgetting. Extra Benz 5.0 V8 with a broken timing guide, that engine is partly apart (valve covers and timing gears, heads have never been off). Porterfield R4 pads, still have enough pad for another race.

The bad: it’s been through the wringer, all those races and some outside storage- this is very Lemony. Back window has numerous cracks, sheet metal rumpled here and there. Has Audi TT headlights. Lots of BRIBED stencils and plasti-dip.
Fires right up and smokes tires, but I’m suspicious that there is debris in the oil pickup as I saw oil pressure drop a few times last race. Had 2.5- 3 bar indicated yesterday, though… Power steering belched and made quite a mess, I would figure in a steering cooler were I developing this one further. Lower control arm bushings are ready for renewal.

The seat base is factory power with OEM switch, very nice for adjusting. I’ve removed the seat and harnesses for future use, and also the fire setup (it was expiring, anyway), but, all mounting tabs are present, and the QuickCar kill switch will stay also.

Caged cars with a track record of passing tech this many times, aren’t that easy to find cheap. Think of it as $500 for the car and $700 for the cage, with all the spares tossed in free. You don’t need to take the Benz spares if you’re thinking to repower this- the engine room is huge. Could put damn near anything in there- I was working on a Cad 472 yesterday, that DOHC Benz mill is bigger. (more powerful too, 318 hp was the original rating). Very predictable handling big car with effective brakes. Track novices and SCCA winners alike have had a great drive in it. Class B, no laps has been the consistent ruling for the last several races.

Shoot me an email at robobrien505@gmail.com to discuss!

#111 Tradewinds Tribesmen VW Passat Inde ‘20 (‘21 too)
#427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500: formerly known as OMG Racing #140
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, (‘21)Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18,’19. Other foolishness: Finisher of Hell on Wheels (Jaguar) IOE (Humber)

Re: 1994 Mercedes S500, caged… Phoenix AZ, $1200

Emailed!

maxcabrini @ gmail . com

Replied!

Oh, and as somebody else asked- has clear AZ title. Powertrain is stock ‘94 S500- 5.0 DOHC 32v V8 [M119) 4 speed automatic (722.3) with 2.65 diff…

Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, (‘21)Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18,’19. Other foolishness: Finisher of Hell on Wheels (Jaguar) IOE (Humber)

Sold! Hope to see the new team on the track with this one soon!