Topic: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

I'm too lazy to drag Corky the miata all the way to Pittsburgh and organize a team but want to drive the race. I'm a middle aged 6' guy who's successfully finished 3 Lemons races as a captain/owner and now just want to drive/wrench for the weekend. My only accolades are my theme was declared "Hella Sweet" on a wrapup and I'm a TWO TIME TIRE RAFFLE WINNER!  I'd prefer a B/C class car- more janky the better. I've driven pretty clean and know a bit about miatas and Datsun Z cars. I have all my own gear and am not a hassle to have around. My plan is to help unload/setup/run/cleanup/load. I'm planning on doing Thompson/Hooptiefest with my car and could do a quid pro quo for a seat.
Let me know whatcha got and costs if you're interested.
Thanks
Tim

El Capitan of Team Corky
94 Miata covered in cork as Mazda/Toyo Kogyo tribute
2 time tire raffle winner. (So I got that goin for me which is nice)

Re: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

Hi Tim, Cody here
I am a co-owner of Twisted Nutz Racing and we will have a seat at Pitt. We currently run a miata and plan on having a civic coupe as well it will be a new build. Entry would get you a seat in either car. Helping at pit stops and throwing a wrench at the cars is always a plus. We also bring an RV for sleeping nd general chill time. We are laid back team that likes to have fun and drive cars.. Can discuss more details if interested.

Re: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

bigamonsta wrote:

I'm too lazy to drag Corky the miata all the way to Pittsburgh and organize a team but want to drive the race. I'm a middle aged 6' guy who's successfully finished 3 Lemons races as a captain/owner and now just want to drive/wrench for the weekend. My only accolades are my theme was declared "Hella Sweet" on a wrapup and I'm a TWO TIME TIRE RAFFLE WINNER!  I'd prefer a B/C class car- more janky the better. I've driven pretty clean and know a bit about miatas and Datsun Z cars. I have all my own gear and am not a hassle to have around. My plan is to help unload/setup/run/cleanup/load. I'm planning on doing Thompson/Hooptiefest with my car and could do a quid pro quo for a seat.
Let me know whatcha got and costs if you're interested.
Thanks
Tim

Hi.  We run a B class volvo s60 called Moose Crossing.  We are looking to add a driver for PIT.  If you haven't landed, and want to talk please shoot me an email.   anthonny  undersc0re melanson at yahoo

Re: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

codyrmarvin wrote:

Hi Tim, Cody here
I am a co-owner of Twisted Nutz Racing and we will have a seat at Pitt. We currently run a miata and plan on having a civic coupe as well it will be a new build. Entry would get you a seat in either car. Helping at pit stops and throwing a wrench at the cars is always a plus. We also bring an RV for sleeping nd general chill time. We are laid back team that likes to have fun and drive cars.. Can discuss more details if interested.

Hi Cody,
If you  still have any room at Pitt, I'm very interested in helping out.  I'm new to Lemons and planning to field a car at NJ Motorsports Park in April so I'm looking to get some experience under my belt.  Don't want to look tooo stupid at our first outing.  I'm a very capable wrencher and also have some experience driving at Lime Rock and Spring Mountain.  If the driving seats are already taken, or you don't think I have enough driving experience, I'm still interested in helping in the pits.  Thanks.
Phil Sproger

5 (edited by scottyd 2022-03-04 08:22 PM)

Re: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

alloriginaltone wrote:

Hi.  We run a B class volvo s60 called Moose Crossing.  We are looking to add a driver for PIT.  If you haven't landed, and want to talk please shoot me an email.   anthonny  undersc0re melanson at yahoo


Shot you an email. Saw your car last year at Pitt.

JK. Yahoo shot back undeliverable.

Changed anthonny to Anthony. Might have worked. The world might know.

'00 Volvo XC - DD
'11 Volvo XC90 V8 - Wife's, V8 go Vroom
'12 Mazda5 - Work Thingy
'05 E450 Ambulance - Work Thingy

Re: Need a driver who can also wrench for Pitt?

I found a seat- thanks for the offers tho. See ya'll there!

El Capitan of Team Corky
94 Miata covered in cork as Mazda/Toyo Kogyo tribute
2 time tire raffle winner. (So I got that goin for me which is nice)