Topic: Team needed - One or two Brits and a dodgy Russian, Hooptiefest NH Oct

Me, a fellow Brit, and some dodgy Russian we drink with are all looking for a team to join for Hooptiefest in NH this October. We can spanner things, drive a bit, and can be trusted not to cause an international incident. Lemons HQ will vouch for me, I write for a few mags and make films about crap cars here in the U.K.

A few years ago I had a nice chat with some chap in NY who had a Austin or Rover of some sort but Covid and life got in the way of me joining the event at NH. Anyway, I'm back, and I'm about to book an expensive flight to join the fun in NH.

Happy to contribute financially.

Anyone?

Re: Team needed - One or two Brits and a dodgy Russian, Hooptiefest NH Oct

We had the Rover but that vehicle has since been retired. I am not sure what we are doing for NH but will keep you in mind if we have spots.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

You might want to contact Tim from Corky racing.  He runs a Miata covered in cork.  Nice guy and the car seems to be reliable.  His name on here is "Big scary monster"  or something like that.  I'll see if I can find his e-mail.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, "Judges Choice" NHMS 2021
4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021, 10th NJMP 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

4 (edited by bigamonsta 2022-06-22 02:51 PM)

I'm that guy from Corky racing. If you want I can take all three of y'all on for Hooptiefest in October. The weather in late October in NH is very British and sometimes borders on Russian. My running costs are cheap and I'm based in southern NH. We won't win and get stuck in class A all the time bc Lemons hates miatas. It's a 1.8 non messed with miata so it tends to just run and run.
my direct email is bigamonsta@gmail.com

Cheers and Привет!

El Capitan of Team Corky
94 Miata covered in cork as Mazda/Toyo Kogyo tribute
2 time tire raffle winner. (So I got that goin for me which is nice)

chaase wrote:

We had the Rover but that vehicle has since been retired. I am not sure what we are doing for NH but will keep you in mind if we have spots.

Thanks, much appreciated.

bigamonsta wrote:

I'm that guy from Corky racing. If you want I can take all three of y'all on for Hooptiefest in October. The weather in late October in NH is very British and sometimes borders on Russian. My running costs are cheap and I'm based in southern NH. We won't win and get stuck in class A all the time bc Lemons hates miatas. It's a 1.8 non messed with miata so it tends to just run and run.
my direct email is bigamonsta@gmail.com

Cheers and Привет!

That's very kind, thanks!

We've all had Miatas and know them very well. I ran one for 14 years myself.

"We won't win" sounds like a challenge to me. I'll drop you an email, cheers.